It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians, STOP IGNORING the Lord's Day

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2019 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl
a reply to: ScatteredThirdAngel

Where is the commandment in the New Testament to keep the Lord's Day?

Also- which day is it? The Sabbath, which I think you are conflating with "the Lord's Day," was/is Saturday. So, should we be keeping Saturday holy? No? Sunday, you say? When did Sunday become the first day of the week, by the way? Which year?

Thanks in advance for providing the New Testament books, chapter, and verses that tell us to "keep the Lord's Day holy," and also the book, chapter, and verse that tells us which day is the Lord's Day.

Did you happen to watch the video? It's only about 3 minutes.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Malisa

I used to have this same view of the bible: that it was written by man to control others, that it was messed with and tampered with, everything you said in your post.

When you really look into it though, and I'm talking look into the work of biblical scholars, historical scholars, and not random videos on YouTube by someone with no credentials, you'll discover that how we got the bible is far more fascinating than some old a-holes of history trying to manipulate society. The internal consistency of the bible, with many different authors in different places and cultures and across a 1,000 year span, is mind boggling. And trust me, I was going to go to my grave with my conviction that the bible was not what it says it is, for what that's worth (probably nothing, since I'm just some stranger on the internet 😂).

edit on 3-8-2019 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScatteredThirdAngel

Also- which day is it? The Sabbath, which I think you are conflating with "the Lord's Day," was/is Saturday. So, should we be keeping Saturday holy? No? Sunday, you say? When did Sunday become the first day of the week, by the way? Which year?

Thanks in advance for providing the New Testament books, chapter, and verses that tell us to "keep the Lord's Day holy," and also the book, chapter, and verse that tells us which day is the Lord's Day.

So you can't answer my questions, then?

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

That’s just a blatant lie, some Jews don’t even turn on a light switch because it’s classified as work, who are you to make up laws, God himself

Paul the Apostle suggested people like you should cut off their wedding tackle
You are like a Pharisee, condemns others to make yourself look good

Jesus was condemned for making a mud poultice to heal a blind man, mixing spit and dust was an offence but you say you know what the laws are and you decide them
That is not Christian, not at all, be warned

Turning on a light switch is not work. And then you call me a Pharisee? Do you not realize it is literally just like a Pharisee to assume that turning on a light switch on the Sabbath is sin? This is exactly what Jesus tried to rid the Sabbath of, these false, rigorous restraints that have nothing to do with keeping the Sabbath holy.

So STA if the law worked and was great why send Jesus, why not keep the law

There is just no logic to your nonsense

Just stop replying and think for yourself

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Malisa

I did not look up what "The Lords" day is or what it meants

I just wanted to ask about something here, why are you giving it such importance that you try to enforce it on other people, when it is, like most of other things in religion, something that normal humans decided to observe?

Hear me out, who said this was something actually required by God? I did not think God had a preference for days or followed a human made calendar? As it is, it doesn't make any sense to me why this day is more important than any other day, dates are a human made thing!

Isaiah 8:20  To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

Either one believes it is the Word of God, or they do not. God spake clearly to the prophet Isaiah if you do not agree with the law, if you do not agree with His Word, it is because you have no light in you.

If they don't agree with me they are evil?

That's some loving God that created me then LMFAO!

I don't think you understand the concept of a all-loving God, you only understand the concept of how God must behave in accordance to human beliefs

You are looking at things from inside the picture that was drawn for you by another human. You are conditioned to think anyone who doesn't agree is automatically bad. This is simple black or white attitude. That concept of black or white is not something a God would consider. Can you see the flaw in that statement? It points to it being written by egotistic humans and not God.

In other words, you are forcing your concept of God into us, without even knowing God yourself in the first place. Think

Too bad

edit on 3-8-2019 by Malisa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 12:15 AM
link   

So are you saying you are under the Mosaic covenant, that’s great then, but you are not a Christian
Don’t lie to yourself or others, you are in the Mosaic covenant
It’s ok, no issues with you then or your choices, be under the Mosaic covenant, me I am under Christ’s covenant so don’t tell me to be a Jew and practice Judaism when I am not a Jew
There is one duty in Christianity and it’s not tithing, that’s just stupid Joyce Myers preaching
We Christians are commanded to love
Silly boy

Tell me STA do you keep all the Mosaic commandments and if not why not?
I know you can’t and won’t answer that question because you are to confused and will forever remain so if you keep up your arrogance

Fruit of the Holy Spirit is humility, learn that, ask God to show you humility

If thou shalt not steal, kill, commit adultery, are mosaic to you, then yes I am under the Mosaic covenant. But every single Christian with a brain knows that it's wrong to do those things. We should therefore keep those commandments. Why? Because they are not exclusively part of the law of Moses. And this is exactly what you're failing to separate- what is exclusively part of the law of Moses, and that which is not. The annual feast days are. The Levitical law of the priesthood is. But not the law of clean and unclean which even Noah knew about before mankind even received permission to eat the flesh of dead animals (Genesis 9).

I don’t need the law to tell me what loving other people is, I have the HolynSpirit, Christian friends and the bible
I don’t need the law, I don’t abide by the law I abide in love

There are Jews hiding in the upper roof, nazis knock on the door, do you break a commandment and dob them in or lie and save them
It’s rhetorical, you would send them to their deaths because the law dictates you can’t lie, you are full of nonsense and arrogance
Jesus ended the law because of people like you

You are law over love, you would send people to their deaths because you want to be super spiritual and condemn others
Doctors, medics, police all sorts of people christians work on Sunday to help others but you condemn them with Hell speech
Where are your God given brains, apply them, that’s why God gave you a brain

Tell me, what other Jewish laws do you follow, all of them and if not why not
Choose what YOU WANT?
You can’t answer that question can you
Hypocrisy and foolishness

Don’t preach your Judaism at me

I serve Jesus by loving others because I love God
No dictates or demands, I do it because I am free of the law

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I used to spend time giving Christians a hard time in my younger days because of people like the OP. Stuck on their sanctimonious drivel without the slightest clue what God wants or needs from us.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 12:20 AM
link   

I used to have this same view of the bible: that it was written by man to control others, that it was messed with and tampered with, everything you said in your post.

When you really look into it though, and I'm talking look into the work of biblical scholars, historical scholars, and not random videos on YouTube by someone with no credentials, you'll discover that how we got the bible is far more fascinating than some old a-holes of history trying to manipulate society. The internal consistency of the bible, with many different authors in different places and cultures and across a 1,000 year span, is mind boggling. And trust me, I was going to go to my grave with my conviction that the bible was not what it says it is, for what that's worth (probably nothing, since I'm just some stranger on the internet 😂).

Oh i agree in part. I feel like when you read the bible with no bias, you can actually see which parts were written by humans and what actually leads to wisdom beyond what a human could fabricate to excuse their own hidden intentions

I think you know what i mean

I still believe things like how to cook a lamb and what smell must it have or days off is not something a God would care about, so this smells like manipulation and we know there is plenty of it that was added through the years. I don't think God had anything to do with mass murdering or getting money for your daughter or similar stuff either, that's all human nature

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck
Every day is the Lords days because He is our sabbath rest 24/7.

Exodus 20:10  But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

The Lord is not His Sabbath. He is Lord of the Sabbath Day, not the Sabbath itself. And consider this:

Even if Jesus was our Sabbath, that would give us no right to break the 7th Day Sabbath. He is the way, truth, and life, right? So, because He is life, can I murder? Because He is truth, can I lie? Then even if He was the Sabbath (which He is not), then I could not ignore the Lord's Day.

Just because it is on the bible doesn't mean God wished it to be like that. Humans wrote stuff and changed the book as they saw fit, you really think God had anything to do with customs related to work or rest on specific days? Maybe the one who influenced those words into the book had obscure reasons for it and hope it would be observed as sacred

We know rewriting happened on England, we know at the beginning the bible was not as it is, so it was formed over time in several years, why you feel it has been all's God work?

Personally i think it is very odd that God would care so much about some random day in a human made calendar but more specifically about work/rest.

Yee that's totally written by a human with some obscure and unknown personal reasons and gains and taking advantage of people's trust and faith

Either you believe God protected His Word, or you do not.

1 Corinthians 10:11  Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

Either it was written for our benefit or not. If you choose the latter, you need to repent.

Either you believe God is an all-loving God or an evil resentful God that forces you to bend down and comply like a dictator. You should probably apply that ideal of acceptance Jesus tried to teach.. Unless you don't actually believe it?

Or maybe you don't believe it at all and you just want people to bend down to your will so you can satisfy you internal urge for power and control. Such as the church had back then and still has now in most cases

The bible as you see it and seem to comprehend and use, is just a tool for control of the masses

But you can read the bible and get a completely different aspect of it. I just don't feel like you want since you already declared i either bend down or sin

What's sin but not obeying, even if it's obeying a corrupt person's will?

I have bad news for your. God most likely doesn't care about your concept of 'sin' at all. And if he does, then God's just some imperfect being with human qualities

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I used to spend time giving Christians a hard time in my younger days because of people like the OP. Stuck on their sanctimonious drivel without the slightest clue what God wants or needs from us.

And for that I am grateful because we should be held accountable by everyone

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 06:40 AM
link   
In my country, on sunday, almost no shops are open. Restaurants, food places (McD, BK..) and gas stations are open. The food industry has their rest day on monday, most adhere to this.

Keeping the sunday a quiet day is good for health. No lawnmowers, no trucks on the road, less cars. Sunday is my favorite day.

It allows one to come down, get out and enjoy life/nature/motorsports.
The last one being a bit contraproductive for silence, though hahahaha

From a non religious viewpoint

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   

The Sabbath is part of the 10 Commandments

There's nothing in the 10 Commandments that says that "Sabbath" means the 7th day or that the 7th day is always considered a Saturday. The definition of Sabbath means to rest from your labor.

Once again...

Exodus 34:27-28

27 And the Lord said unto Moses, Write thou these words: for after the tenor of these words I have made a covenant with thee and with Israel.

28 And he was there with the Lord forty days and forty nights; he did neither eat bread, nor drink water. And he wrote upon the tables the words of the covenant, the ten commandments.

Deuteronomy 5:1-3

5 And Moses called all Israel, and said unto them, Hear, O Israel, the statutes and judgments which I speak in your ears this day, that ye may learn them, and keep, and do them.

2 The Lord our God made a covenant with us in Horeb.

3 The Lord made not this covenant with our fathers, but with us, even us, who are all of us here alive this day.

edit on 3-8-2019 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   

All the law got blown out ...Paul said Jesus is the end of the law......where this starts is the mysteries, 6 of em shown to Paul gave him a new Gospel.....where exactly.....Rom 16:25

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I should say, the 4 books Gospel are Old testament....

Calm down....smiley.......Paul said that a testament starts after the death of a testator......

We have different time Dispensations of Gospel......4 different methods of dispensing salvation....at each different time in his story.

The biggy...Stephan.....Jesus was seen standing by Stephen....ready to bring that kingdom of heaven.....right then and there if the leaders would say ok to Jesus.....then.......tears streaming man.....then Jesus sat down. God went to Paul to give the heathen grace.....gentiles really means heathens.

Kingdom of Heaven......the Millenium

edit on 3-8-2019 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-8-2019 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 06:43 PM
link   

1 Corinthians 1:27  But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

Remember Christ didn't use the Pharisees. Did they not accuse Christ because He wasn't in the school of the learned? What about John the Baptist? Was he a doctor of divinity, with the Pharisees and the Sadducees?

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 06:51 PM
link   

That’s just a blatant lie, some Jews don’t even turn on a light switch because it’s classified as work, who are you to make up laws, God himself

Paul the Apostle suggested people like you should cut off their wedding tackle
You are like a Pharisee, condemns others to make yourself look good

Jesus was condemned for making a mud poultice to heal a blind man, mixing spit and dust was an offence but you say you know what the laws are and you decide them
That is not Christian, not at all, be warned

Turning on a light switch is not work. And then you call me a Pharisee? Do you not realize it is literally just like a Pharisee to assume that turning on a light switch on the Sabbath is sin? This is exactly what Jesus tried to rid the Sabbath of, these false, rigorous restraints that have nothing to do with keeping the Sabbath holy.

So STA if the law worked and was great why send Jesus, why not keep the law

There is just no logic to your nonsense

Just stop replying and think for yourself

Your response doesn't make sense. If the law wasn't great, then why did Jesus have to DIE for them breaking the law in the first place? If the law was so unnecessary, wouldn't God just have removed the law? Why send Your Son to die for a law you're just going to remove anyways? How ridiculous does that sound?

Revelation 14:12  Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Revelation 22:14  Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   

So you can't answer my questions, then?

The questions you asked me can be answered by watching the short video clip I put together. It shouldn't take you any longer to watch it, than for me to re-write what was said in there, and you to respond to it.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 06:55 PM
link   

I did not look up what "The Lords" day is or what it meants

I just wanted to ask about something here, why are you giving it such importance that you try to enforce it on other people, when it is, like most of other things in religion, something that normal humans decided to observe?

Hear me out, who said this was something actually required by God? I did not think God had a preference for days or followed a human made calendar? As it is, it doesn't make any sense to me why this day is more important than any other day, dates are a human made thing!

Isaiah 8:20  To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

Either one believes it is the Word of God, or they do not. God spake clearly to the prophet Isaiah if you do not agree with the law, if you do not agree with His Word, it is because you have no light in you.

If they don't agree with me they are evil?

That's some loving God that created me then LMFAO!

I don't think you understand the concept of a all-loving God, you only understand the concept of how God must behave in accordance to human beliefs

You are looking at things from inside the picture that was drawn for you by another human. You are conditioned to think anyone who doesn't agree is automatically bad. This is simple black or white attitude. That concept of black or white is not something a God would consider. Can you see the flaw in that statement? It points to it being written by egotistic humans and not God.

In other words, you are forcing your concept of God into us, without even knowing God yourself in the first place. Think

Too bad

Yes, actually, if you don't agree with God, you are evil. If you don't agree with what He is saying, you agree with what Satan is saying. He is all-knowing. You are a finite being, in a fallen world.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oleandra88
In my country, on sunday, almost no shops are open. Restaurants, food places (McD, BK..) and gas stations are open. The food industry has their rest day on monday, most adhere to this.

Keeping the sunday a quiet day is good for health. No lawnmowers, no trucks on the road, less cars. Sunday is my favorite day.

It allows one to come down, get out and enjoy life/nature/motorsports.
The last one being a bit contraproductive for silence, though hahahaha

From a non religious viewpoint

People should keep Sabbath, not Sunday. Nevertheless, it shouldn't be enforced by government law.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

The Sabbath is part of the 10 Commandments

There's nothing in the 10 Commandments that says that "Sabbath" means the 7th day or that the 7th day is always considered a Saturday. The definition of Sabbath means to rest from your labor.

Once again...

Exodus 34:27-28

27 And the Lord said unto Moses, Write thou these words: for after the tenor of these words I have made a covenant with thee and with Israel.

28 And he was there with the Lord forty days and forty nights; he did neither eat bread, nor drink water. And he wrote upon the tables the words of the covenant, the ten commandments.

Deuteronomy 5:1-3

5 And Moses called all Israel, and said unto them, Hear, O Israel, the statutes and judgments which I speak in your ears this day, that ye may learn them, and keep, and do them.

2 The Lord our God made a covenant with us in Horeb.

3 The Lord made not this covenant with our fathers, but with us, even us, who are all of us here alive this day.

The commandment says keep the "Sabbath of the LORD thy God". That is not any day of the week. There is only one day that is shown to be the "Sabbath of the LORD thy God." That is only the seventh day of the week, which is commonly referred to in English as Saturday, which is actually Friday Sunset to Saturday sunset.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join