It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After Facing Floods, Farmers In The U.S. Now Have No Water

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   

But suddenly, across more than 100,000 acres of Nebraska and Wyoming, there is no water to be found. The dirt is cracking. The beans are turning a sickly yellow. And the corn, which looked so promising just two weeks ago, is straining for fluid through long, scorching days.

The countryside is suddenly parched because a century-old tunnel that carries irrigation water across more than 100 miles, from Wyoming to Nebraska, collapsed this month. The cause of the collapse was not yet clear but the effect has been immediate:

After Facing Floods, Farmers In The U.S. Now Have No Water

There was talk of food shortages because of all the rain and storms, now this. I have read accounts of shortages in some places already. The places I shop seem fine, so not sure what the truth is. The US exports a lot of food and it seems shortages wold affect other countries first and the worst.

edit on 1-8-2019 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

I'm sure I'll be unpopular for even breaching this thought, but the idea of divine judgment comes to mind. As a nation, we beseech the heavens for blessing and prosperity then we go about killing babies and ignoring real justice while paying homage to lies. We ask blessing on the food on our table (if we ask blessing at all), the throw a goodly portion of it in the trash.

What do we expect? At some point, there is a voice from the heavens that says, ENOUGH!

“And if by this discipline you are not turned to me but walk contrary to me, then I also will walk contrary to you, and I myself will strike you sevenfold for your sins. And I will bring a sword upon you, that shall execute vengeance for the covenant. And if you gather within your cities, I will send pestilence among you (Think San Francisco, LA, Portland, Seattle, Baltimore, Chicago, New Orleans.), and you shall be delivered into the hand of the enemy. When I break your supply of bread, ten women shall bake your bread in a single oven and shall dole out your bread again by weight, and you shall eat and not be satisfied. ~Leviticus 26:23-26

edit on 2019 8 01 by incoserv because: added scripture reference.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   

It's localized. This has really been a cooler, wetter year than normal for most of the flyover country.

The main problem is that the wet kept farmers out of the fields for too long to get a good planting in some crops.

I have cousins who keep some acreage of wheat, and they were getting 100 bushels to the acres ... except for where the crop was just destroyed. So it was going to more or less even out I think ... then they got 6" of rain right in the middle of harvest which is bad for wheat harvest. It rapidly over-ripens if you can't get it out of the field and becomes unharvestable.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Luckily there's lots of cheap imported food from China,I'm sure they will happily renegotiate the trade deals and tariffs.

Farmers have been getting the short end of the stick for quite sometime now ,that needs to change or my tongue in cheek comment will become a reality.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Sorry but the obvious answer is poor water management.

Not a conspiracy just poor management.

😉

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

Believe it or not..

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 03:13 AM
link   

As important as this post is the sad part bet it hardly gets any attention,seems people took heed as fear mongering,nothing like their newscaster said.,this is reality in your face,like looking at the pictures in a book and not reading

top topics

join