It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Idiotic CNN article claims white colored robots are form of racism

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Fake News CNN just put out an article claiming that robots made with white-colored materials are made that way as a form of racism. According to the CNN article, people assign human races to robots... So apparently, racist people make robots white because they're biased against black people and therefore don't want black robots. This article may seem idiotic at first (and it is, in and of itself), but there's something deeper going on here. Fake News CNN is desperately trying to keep the racial divide going. Why? Well, who does it benefit to push racism and racial conflict? It's clearly being used as a political tool by Democrats and the general left - because without everything being racist (especially Trump, aka literally Hitler), and without Trump sending out death squads to hunt down and execute minorities and gays in the streets, they have nothing to run on.

A recent CNN news piece insisted that constructing robots out of white plastics and metals is an example of racism.

The article cited a study entitled “Robots And Racism,” conducted by the Human Interface Technology Laboratory in New Zealand. The study insisted that “people perceive physically human-like robots to have a race and therefore apply racial stereotypes to white and black robots,” CNN said

"The bias against black robots is a result of bias against African-Americans,"

Clearly, this would raise concerns about imperialism and white supremacy,”

Source 1
Fake News CNN article itself

"Oh no guys, look out, a black robot! We better lock our doors so it doesn't stab us and steal our wallets!"

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

And I’m sure that Apple should be in trouble for making white laptops and white accessories too?

These people make me sick. If only they knew that the color white (not the race — white people are not white) makes people think of a clean and/or sterile environment. What’s next? Should doctors and scientists have to wear black lab coats?

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   
“People perceive robots to have a race”

No, ‘racist leftists’ perceive robots to have a race. “People” do not. “People” aren’t that thick.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 05:15 PM
link   

The world is going mad

btw, that robot's name is Paul....that's misogynistic

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Oh good Lord make it stop!!!

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Surely robots are slaves?
So black robots would be even more racist.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Oh look, a white robot wearing black-face!

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Congress in emergency session to draft a bill to fund a new organization .........

"Planned Robothood" 😃

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Gotta love these idiots... A white robot is racist because it's white. A black robot, according to these same people, will be racist because it's black and will have some feature somewhere deemed offensive. Stupid asses.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 05:29 PM
link   
This is their evidence:

In the "shooter bias" test, black and white people and robots appeared on a screen for less than a second, and participants were told to "shoot" those holding a weapon. Black robots that were not holding weapons were shot more than the white ones not carrying guns.

I'd like to see the images they used.

Perhaps the weapons and the darker colored robots where simply harder to differentiate from each other in this split second test.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
A black robot, according to these same people, will be racist because it's black and will have some feature somewhere deemed offensive.

Actually, "the same people" don't seem to have reached that point yet. The "black robots are racist" suggestion was me pointing out how the "same people" would be thinking if they were more logical- or if black robots had been invented first.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
Fake News CNN just put out an article claiming that robots made with white-colored materials are made that way as a form of racism.

Well, actually CNN didn't claim anything... They reported on a study by the Human Interface Technology Laboratory in New Zealand.

Did you notice all the quotes by the 'researchers' and how they always say "according to the study", when referencing findings from the study?

No offence, but no wonder some of you guys are so susceptible to genuine fake news... When you can't even manage to dissect a run of the mill news article.
edit on 1-8-2019 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Actually, robots are silver. I've seen all the Terminator movies so I know! Silver Robots Matter.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Simple.

Make them neither colour.

Though I am sure those devoid of logic would find something offensive about stainless steel, grey carbonite etc.

Too early over here to process this level of idiocy

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMALLYETALLIAM

Put a few shots of whiskey in your coffee,watch some fox news and this moronic story should be a little more palatable.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Fake News CNN just put out an article claiming that robots made with white-colored materials are made that way as a form of racism.

Well, actually CNN didn't claim anything... They reported on a study by the Human Interface Technology Laboratory in New Zealand.

Did you notice all the quotes by the 'researchers' and how they always say "according to the study", when referencing findings from the study?

No offence, but no wonder some of you guys are so susceptible to genuine fake news... When you can't even manage to dissect a run of the mill news article.

That's a pretty pathetic attempt at deflecting there.
You quoted my quote that said "Fake News CNN just put out an article claiming that robots made with white-colored materials are made that way as a form of racism." Did CNN put out an article claiming that robots made with white-colored materials are made that way as a form of racism? Looks to me like they did, since you can read the article right there at the link I provided directly to CNN's website.
Your argument to that is "Well, actually CNN didn't claim..."
No, CNN might not have directly claimed, as an organization, that white robots are racism, but they created an article with quotes from a study and talked about the concept of white robots being racism.
You've made no point whatsoever.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Did CNN put out an article claiming that robots made with white-colored materials are made that way as a form of racism?

No they didn't... they reported on the findings of this study.

Your headline and comments in your OP are deliberately misleading.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 05:57 PM
link   
CNN uses the colors of WHITE and RED in their logo. Insulting both White people and American Indians in a single swipe.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   

No offence, but no wonder some of you guys are so susceptible to genuine fake news...

This isn't fake news though. This was a genuine study to see if people are offended by the color of robots. That CNN then picked up and reported it. Do you not see the absurdity in this? No offense...

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980

No offence, but no wonder some of you guys are so susceptible to genuine fake news...

Do you not see the absurdity in this? No offense...

To be perfectly honestly, I couldn't even care less if white robots are or aren't a form of racism, one way or the other!

Wouldn't have even clicked on the thread if the false accusation of "CNN claims" wasn't in the headline... That's the only thing that sparked my interest.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join