It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That's a BIG red pill.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Hello everyone and thanks for providing a place for us er.....Free Thinkers (most sites don't allow that old trait). I am retired U. S. Navy, started out as a Special Weapons Tech and later moved on to conventional weapon systems. Got to do some real cool work at White Sands Missile Range in the Navy Research Rockets Program, last I heard they changed the name to Space Rockets Division. When the Cold War ended, they put me out to pasture chasing drug runners out of South America. After retirement, spent about 12 years in the private merchant fleet. I have this weird knack for being places where interesting things happen, some of them actually historical. I later settled home in Louisiana as a private business owner with a small town upholstery shop. I still keep it as a hobby and consider myself retired at the age of 58. Ugh don't retire early unless you really like being bored. Anyway, I and my wife (a retired nurse) now live on a 10 acre spread in the middle of no where north of New Orleans (which at the moment is still there but not very viable. If you ask me about my military career, I will do my best to answer you but I really can't talk in detail about some things as I really prefer to keep my retirement benefits and freedom for that matter. Some of the things I was part of are still hush hush but, most is not. I am thoroughly traveled, last count 78 countries (many were way off the beaten path) and consider myself to have a strong world view. I like to think I have a very healthy intuition with a knack for pulling data together to form a bigger picture. I am a major space junkie and will probably fight to the death for people like Elon Musk. Climate Change? It's real as far as I can tell. UFOs? Real too but, most folks don't settle with my opinion. Mostly because there really isn't much we know other than they are there and we don't really know what they are. I always keep and open mind. My politics tend to be centrist but, I do orbit around the Trump approach. Not big on the young Progressives as I think they bite off more than they can chew but who knows, maybe they have solutions that have merit. Doubtfully. I prefer to call my beliefs more of a Frankenstein approach, a variety of useful pieces from various sources. Thanks to the managers of ATS for providing me a place to call home and hope to make many new intelligent friends as we try to make sense of the Universe we live in.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ServiusTull

Welcome!

So what is the big red pill, to which your thread title refers?

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   

What a wonderful introduction ServiusTull! So very nice to meet you! I hope you enjoy your stay here.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Welcome to the site. When making a thread or reply, break it into smaller paragraphs so it isn't a wall of text. Walls of text are hard to read and to concentrate on what they are saying. Just a suggestion. I learned from others to make paragraphs.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

That once we open our eyes, we can appreciate we are living in remarkable times.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   
What exactly makes you think climate change or man made climate change is real. That statement more than anything else you stated in the op make me doubt your reasoning skills.

Jaden
edit on 1-8-2019 by Masterjaden because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Thank you for that positive feedback Friend. Noted.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

We do not live on a static planet. Earth has never been static geologically, climatically or even astronomically. My opinion is we are past any local solution. Whatever is happening to our climate could be caused by hundreds of variables whether human, natural or unnatural. We currently hold a population of 7 + billion humans, add to that other animal species that call Earth home. Any system has limits. Truthfully, I think we should be thinking hard about getting off world as soon as possible. But that is source of another debate. I am simply extending my hand for the moment. Nice to meet you in the meantime.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS!

Always thought that navy and marine types liked to retire with an ocean-view?

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

Unique circumstances took me away from my ocean. I fell in love. Which is very unique for me.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Welcome ST. Also ex-navy, though not a lifer. Relatively new member myself. Statements of belief being one thing, choosing topics to which you will post is entirely another. I met with some suspicion being ex-navy. Apparently recently there has been a rush to ATS by many vets. Suspicion seems to revolve around the Nimitz UAP video and social flap around it. I was with the Nimitz battle group most of my TIS. You?

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ManInRedShirt

Yeah especially my past assignments. I don't blame people for being cautious and thinking we are holding big secrets. It is real hard for some to accept that our defense system is very compartmentalized for security. The Nimitz Incident is known only because a few rankers that had more access than most spoke up. I brought Carl Vinson out (still had that new smell), then Sigonella, followed by; a destroyer out of Yokosuka, Japan, White Sands, USS Halsey, Frigate, Frigate and Frigate. Yeah they put me out to pasture after the Cold War. Guys like me were no longer needed in close in warfare.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Welcome aboard!

Sounds like you have bunch of enriching experiences! Would love to read a few, every now and then.

(that is my advice, take your time here. Learn how to do certain things like sourcing, font changes, etc., all found in the ATS Freshman's Forum. This site can be kind of quirky so it is a good thing to know what questions other members have had and all the help and assistance that has been offered. There is a lot of history here! And it is a pretty big place!)

I hope that you enjoy your time here with the rest of the general population! (They're pretty cool! They usually offer you cookies!)

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS.

Sure you will have some interesting information to discuss.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Thank you so much. I hope to do much exploring here.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Nature of the beast in open media format. Cold warrior, eh? Yet still in Trump orbit? More trusting than me.

I spent all my blue water time on CGN-39. A very brief ship life before they broke it up for mildly radioactive razor blades. But time enough for me. I followed hard on the plank owners, missed shakedown but there for all the early deployments.

Hey! I did some weeks TAD at the communication center in Sigonella, ended up working on an AFRTS radio program there. I #in’ loved Sicily.

My favorite part of the Cold War was running fast breaks (nuclear power) out of the Strait of Hormuz deep into the IO to shake our Soviet shadows, which were invariably oilers. Funny stuff.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ManInRedShirt

Avast Shipmate, never said I trusted Trump. lol I just think we are long overdue for a little tree shaking in Washington. Kinda like an Insurv. Sadly, our Navy really has no adversary worth a blue water fight. Maybe the Chicom's will step up to the plate. We shall see.

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Ok that's reasonable. I personally think any change we think we have witnessed is a combination of manipulated data, and lost recording stations causing heat sinking in population centers.

The minute change that hasn't been due to those factors are negligible and not manipulable by anything we could do. Any attempts to are nothing more than lip service and power grabs.

Nice meeting you too.

Jaden
edit on 1-8-2019 by Masterjaden because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Climate change IS NATURAL, not man made, a man made HOAX, but real

2nd I don’t believe you

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

Believe me about what?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join