It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please rest of United States don't become like Seattle

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Seattle to Alabama, that is quite the change!

I've lived in both places.
I like Alabama 100000000x better, and that isn't saying much.

I met some weird people in Alabama, and by weird I mean weird in a non drug use way.
I'll say this, Alabama was the best smelling state. Some kind of wildflower/honeysuckle grows there that really
perfumes the air. I'll never forget that smell.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Great thread, I appreciate the light it's shedding on some of the problems here.

For several years I've had a food delivery job, and it takes me all over the city so I get to notice things and also I always have food that needs to get donated during my route. This company was horribly unclear and unorganized about getting food donated while it was still good. I decided I would just take it to the many Tiny House Villages we have called Nickelsville after our crappy mayor who started the homeless mess. Ive been taking food to these shelters for almost 4 years now and it has given me some insight into why the homeless here stay homeless.

At Nickelsvilles they are now overseen by another entity which is basically not doing much other than giving them that roof for cheap, the residents do not like them and the politics they now have. Most there are recovering addicts or mentally ill so getting work is next to impossible. The ONLY focus of the managing group is to get them into permanent low cost housing. But after almost 4 years these places are full of 90% of the same people, they are not getting housed.

Let's talk pot stores. Seattle has plenty for sure, but the biggest issue is the pot store chains, that setup multiple stores within blocks of each other, and attract tons of homeless and addicts. This isn't the case everywhere, we have some small independent stores that are in nice neighborhoods. But when you start seeing pot related garbage all over the streets you realize it's starting to become a problem.

It just doesn't feel even close to the city I moved to years ago, it's a strange confusing place.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Seattle is a sh*thole. It is really sad as the city is quiet beautiful. Same with Portland. Same with San Francisco. All three of these cities are very similar in terms of the rampant homelessness. They also are run by rabid left wing loons from city councils up to the mayor so it is clear the issue is the politics.

I've been to all three cities multiple times and it is really eye opening. I'm a big city guy (live in Chicago) so it isn't like I am looking at this from a suburban perspective. I've never seen so many bums /drug addicts as in those cities. Third world squalor.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I totally agree. I always use Chicago as a comparison. Even with all it's problems, Chicago is beautiful, it really it.

Seattle used to be beautiful too.

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 07:17 PM
link   
3500 $ a Month for any apartment is INSANE !!!!!!! I owned my home 639 $ a month pluse electric water garbage .
3 bed two FULL bath pool 2500 square feet NOT including the enclosed porch or the car port or the back porch or teh other porch ( BIG house lol fireplace fish pond paved driveway 7.10 acre backed by woods one one side next closest home 7 800 feet ?
anyway total cost to own this home including every thing just over 900 a month .
No wonder that city has so many homeless Insane Blam the democrats do you then more the fool you are Its the landlords ( most of whom are repubs if it matter who have Driving the rent prices sky high .
really you expect people working at fast food and convince stores to be able to pay such rent amounts .
the people want store JUST dont want to pay the employs enough to Live in the city This si NOT dems falt this is PURE greed 3500 $ a Month lets say its the dems falt that will fix it .

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I am 54 at 18 and on my own I rented my first room for 50 $ at bording house 50 $ insane
ps made around 156 a week afst food joints had enough left over to buy car no problem
edit on 15-6-2020 by midnightstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

People in Seattle are not complaining. Its possible that your neighborhood is more open-minded than you realize?

posted on Jun, 16 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

People in Seattle are not complaining. Its possible that your neighborhood is more open-minded than you realize?

YES they are.

I have many MANY relatives and friend that have lived there 20-30-40-50+ years

Edit to add - maybe newly transplanted Cali people aren't
edit on 16-6-2020 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2020 @ 12:19 AM
link   

August 3, 2020

Terrorist Protestors showed up at the Seattle Police Chief's home this weekend.

Apparently they scared her pretty badly.

www.foxnews.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join