It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US forces shoot at car containing freed Italian hostage and kill Italian secret service agent.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex

This is where I'd place my bets as to what happened.
The soldiers were probably told they were shooting at a car containing "terrorists" and told to take it out. Telling them they were assasinating a journalist from an allied country would likely spark some dissent in the ranks, most US soldiers not being fanatics.

Then after it's all over, they're sworn to maintain secrecy about this "mistake" from their commanders, with some BS about how they are "protecting the country" because it would mke the leadership look bad. The soldiers, not wanting to be "unpatriotic", do what they're told is their duty and keep their mouths shut.

Now just how would that have gone down?

Here is my rendition of xmotex’s version of events.

(do you remember the old Bob Newhart bit, where he talks into a phone and you just hear one side of the conversation?)

G.I. Joe on the radio:

“Uh yes sir, we have a car speeding towards our check point. . . . No sir, it’s too dark to tell what kind of license plates are on the car. . . Uh, no sir I don’t know who is driving it, Wait a couple of seconds, and I’ll ask him. . . . .No sir it is still coming towards us at high speed. . . No sir, they haven’t responded to our signals to stop . . . . . . . . .Yes sir, I agree, it is possible that it is a terrorist suicide bomber. . . Yes sir, you are right, it would be a good idea to shoot the engine block. . . Yes sir, as soon as we get back, . . . in your office. . . yes sir. . .

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trustnone
Well this angers me me because Italy was a strong ally on the war on terrorism.
now the Prime Minister has been voted out and the majority of Italians want no further part of this war(can't blame them). Bush's Mismanagement of this war is costing us allys.

This isn't true, the Italian government just reorganized and Berlusconi is still in control:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join