It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy: U.S. Government Hates Rappers

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Your right I shouldn't judge all the rappers because of the majority it's just hard not to. I don't really care what they rap about I listen to heavy metal it just seem to me you were giving them way to much credit.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by syntaxer that was pretty weak with the whole Rock music more violent than Rap comment...

well try listening to cannibal corpse or many other death metal band, you'd be surprised how violent and twisted they can be, i mean look:

www.darklyrics.com... < its called shredded humans, now you know rap isnt that twisted

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   
hmmmm. Dead rappers. Just getting back the same kind of energy they put out.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Ok no kidding aside Rappers and Rockers do have something in common for the most part. They are basically the voice of the youth minus thier own political agendas. Rappers speak of thier destitude of growing up in the ghetto;s and being poor and watching whats happening in thier surroundings, while Rockers preach about partying because of thier rage of being neglected by thier middle classed over worked parents that are too busy to even notice that they are even there.. Think about this logically, Black & white lower classed youth tend to lean to rap because it makes them feel as if someone understands what they are going through as the same with the rockers. Music is expression in all forms, diffrent cultures express thier feeling through diffrent outlets, which in a nutshell is the most common denominator between Rock and rap.

By the way if you want to get technical what do you get when you cross a middle class teen who gets thrown out of his house and into the streets when he was 16 to fend for himself. Answer: A white Boy Rockin Rapper called "Buckfitty".

Besides if it wasnt for diffrent points of view through music, I doubt I would have made it to a 34 year old married male with his own home and stable life.

A sincere Thanks goes out to to all "Musicians"...

And OOPS, I know you are just playin but seriously bustin on someones child is just lame and we all expect an apology especially from someone who tries so hard to be so damn fly.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
00PS - you seem to be giving rappers WAAAY too much credit. Let's face it, all performers today, especially the big ones, are in it for the money.

Not to be "true" to the streets or what not, not to fight the power, blah blah blah; none of that. You seem to be a little misguided of the ways of the world. All these artists are in it for the money, that's all. Honestly, what is popular is what they sell. They rap about alot of stuff:

Let's take racism. Some rappers preach against the "white man" but then wait! Their own companies are run by white men. Interesting?

It's all about the money my friend, excluding the real gangsters, but they are too poor to even think about getting into rapping. Honestly, my friend.

50 Cent is a money seller - that's all. Same with all the other rappers around. It's his image that many people think is real.

-wD

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Yes they are Corporate Sellouts...or are they? What about Snoop and Dre who have cultivated not only a culture but a vast network. I agree most of the stuff sold on the shelves are for profit.

When I was in high school I got an underground tape from friend who moved up from california that summer...it was the future earlier. It was BONE, but I got it before they could even sell it, why? Because that was Rap made for the people, not for the money.

It exists but is rare.

Point: That the network they have created they are potentially power and can reach the massess black and white of the lower echelons of American society and for this the US government hates rappers and will not even look for their murderers...CONSPIRACY

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Perhaps, my friend, perhaps.

I will say this: Good rap was rap back in the day. Most of the rap nowadays is just garbage. It's all the same. Money, women, cars, etc etc. Every song I hear is about this.

Every once in a while a good, deep, tupac/sugar hill gang type of song will come about, and its all good.

-wD

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Actually the first rappers were white! The guy at the square dance with the polka band and a fiddle was the "Caller", he didn't sing, he rapped.

Grab your partner round & round
Swing her hard till the sun goes down
turn to your left, turn to your right
Dosie do with all your might.
blah, blah, blah.

Square dancing is hundreds of years old. Sooo actually urban America ripped off rural america.
Besides Rap, Suare dancing, & beatniks reciting poetry in coffee houses back in the 60's all suck in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by BattleofBatoche
Actually the first rappers were white! The guy at the square dance with the polka band and a fiddle was the "Caller", he didn't sing, he rapped.

Grab your partner round & round
Swing her hard till the sun goes down
turn to your left, turn to your right
Dosie do with all your might.
blah, blah, blah.

Square dancing is hundreds of years old. Sooo actually urban America ripped off rural america.
Besides Rap, Suare dancing, & beatniks reciting poetry in coffee houses back in the 60's all suck in my opinion.

You would be correct except for the fact you are wrong.

Poetry is Poetry and Rap has that, why are they different? Because the have rhapsodized various forms of music styles and blend them into one and even in a single 'beat' the rhapsody is original which is something that no other music or lyrical prose had created before.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I hate rap and I hate rappers! Nothing but criminals, sh*t talkers, and ho beaters. Call me a racist but its not my fault I hate them.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I think you should get warned for that...who asked you to come in here and post your hate speech and ignorant comments?

[edit on 4-3-2005 by 00PS]

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00PS
I think you should get warned for that...who asked you to come in here and post your hate speech and ignorant comments?

[edit on 4-3-2005 by 00PS]

Uh, no.

Originally posted by 00PS
Since when is bad humor hate speech?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But as per that post... Please don't circumvent censors please people. If you just post the bad words normally (within reason), it get's filtered from netnanny searches, which is good.
But if you p*st like th*s, it's bad since alot of those are targeted phrases, AND we have some members that choose to not see that stuff, so you are actually circumventing our internal censors too.

[edit on 4-3-2005 by RANT]

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Question,

How can someone who doesn't like rap kick some weak a$$ freestyle to prove his point?
That's some funny $hit if you ask me.

Yes, the government hates rap. Not because of the material aspect of it, though. Has anyone seen how rich politicians are?

They hate rap (non-materialistic $hit) because it lets people at the bottom know how $hit really goes down. Remember Fight the Power, Fock the Police, etc? It serves as a voice for us who don't like how things are going down.

I love how people consider Cash Money, other greedy acts, etc. to be representative of all rap. Even they say some real stuff, though, so I gotta give them props for that. The problem is that people only hear what they wanna hear, the guns, violence, sex, and drugs. No rap critic ever hears about the struggle, racism, friends/hoes stabbin you in the back, etc.

I think the rock/metal/whatever you call it right now is weak. Who the fock is doin it in that genre now?
All I hear is bull$hit punk, watered down crap. What about all that pop $hit? All those boy and girl bands SUCK!! And don't let me start on country...

How come Pepsi can can Luda, then sign Ozzy Osbourne to do commercials? That fool has been higher than me and 10 dope fiends will EVER be!! That son 8itch bit the head off of a bat on stage, but Pepsi can put him in commercials and let him babble...

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   
WEBDEVIL you just put 2 word together in a sentence that don't belong. Good and Sugar Hill Gang.....they were not even a group. One was a bouncer and the other 2 were managers of rap groups. A chick had a song and needed 3 guys to sing it...so instead of turning it over to their rappers they managed, they did it themselves....they went to their rappers and asked to borrow their rhymes, thats why one (big hank i think) spells out another rappers name during his rhyme....ha ha...classic......no one in the rap community gives them any respect because they don't deserve any. The only respect I have is for a very small few rappers that grew their music the way rock did, underground, trading cassettes, etc...ala jay z, master p, nwa,.....people like 50 cent etc are just some guy with a good face structure and they can cap his teeth and make him a role model.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Rap is another entertainment form, like any other. Its no grand noble movement to "spread truth" or "awaken society". Only if you see that.

The govornment doesnt fear it. And it doesnt investigate for the same reason it doesnt investiage alot of other crimes againt other entertainers. Or drug dealers, or anyone else they dont care about. They simply do not care.

No grand conspiracy other than one of smugness and apathy. Its as ridiculous as the idiots who were claiming heavy metal was part of a Satanic plot to make kids worship satan, do drugs, screw everyone, ect.

Music is only inspiring to the person who appreciates it. It only has meaning you give it.

One mans "gurilla saints" are another mans insensical babblings.

I personally do not like rap because it lacks the emotions of chaos, fury, and rage that can only be invoked in me by listening to some very quality metal. But to each their own. I dont believe rap causes any more violence than is already naturally present.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I'm old enough to remenber the jail/gang origins of rap circa 1970, an homage to Ali, who was spouting "poetry" at the time, and imitated with respect to kickin' shock value:

"Bif, bam,
thank you maam,
figure like a n****r,
got a rod named Trigger,
wanna ride?"

[edit on 6-3-2005 by Realist05]

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Sorry to disappoint. The government does not fear rap. The government doesn't particularly care about rap. The government isn't in the business of shooting rappers. Do you know why? Because they do a fantastic job of it themselves.

Rappers spread the truth?? What truth? I guess it's the truth if you are a drug abusing lunatic who beats women, steals from people, and shoots others. Then I suppose they are speaking your bible.

You want evidence? Here's some lyrics from a person you all keep mentioning. Fifty cent. I appreciate in advance not receiving a warning for the following language as it is important to the content.

When I don't like a nigga, I don't pretend to
I'll have the paramedics wrap your #in head like a Hindu

It's no coincidence, niggas who # wit me get shot up
I do a Cali style drive by and tear ya block up

Turn your back on me, get clapped and lose your legs
I walk around gun on waist, chip on my shoulder
Till I bust a clip in your face, pussy, this beef ain't over

That's the truth that these idiots are spreading? Telling young kids who enjoy their beats and music that a glamorous life is one of driving around the city and shooting at people who you don't like?

And the idiots you're talking about are any better? Tupac? Are you too young to remember the stupidity between him and Biggie? Are you too young to remember the song Hit Em Up?? Maybe you weren't around, or you forgot how each of them would put an album out talking about how they're going to kill the other one, and his friends etc. Maybe you weren't around, or you forgot that there were other attempts on their lives (more than likely funded by each other) in the time leading up to that.

Next up? 50 cent and "The Game". Like it or not (mark it down in your little book) one of those two will more than likely end up dead. Two uncontrollable idiots with a retarded amount of money who make their friends the most unethical and hardened dealers and crackheads in the world. Where do you think it's going to end up? Someone already got shot buddy. Starting to sound familiar yet???

African American musicians have had such an unbelievable influence on EVERY SINGLE area of music today. The incredible talent of some of them, ranging from Jazz and Blues musicians of the early-mid 20th century, through Ray Charles, BB King, Louis Armstrong, Aretha Franklin, Cab Calloway, Chuck Berry, Duke Ellington, Luther Vandross, Lena Horne, Bo Diddley. Modern Artists like Andre 3000 and Lauryn Hill. I mean honestly, the list could go on forever. African Americans have done so much for the music industry.

And then this? People should be concerned about rappers? Generations of music that came before this trash... African Americans who put their heart and soul into music. Folks who came from LITERALLY nothing and made lives for themselves through music, through a real message.

And any of you can honestly claim this kind of rap to be an art form? I'll kill you because I have more guns and drugs than you do. That is art? And you wonder when one of them ends up dead? That was no conspiracy, that was his life. That was the way that man lived, and that was the way his life ended. I wasn't shocked when it happened and I'm not shocked now, and I won't be shocked if "50 Cent" or "The Game" is next.

Oh and Tupac recorded dozens of tracks prior to his death. It's incredibly easy to slap a standard rhythymic rap onto virtually any melody. If, in your mind, that means he is still coming up with new music, more power to you. Do you want to know who killed Tupac? I'll tell you how to find out. Go through his life and his songs and catalog each and every person he threatened with violence, and who threatened him with violence. Good luck, it might take a few years.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Rap just breed's crimnals. Rap is just an expression of black mentality. Rap music explains why heaps of blacks commit crime, and end up in jail. and i think anyone that is influence by it end's up being brain washed by it. They then end up becoming crimals, following a sheep mentality. cops are bad, selling white powder is good, yes having sex with heaps of women is good. Driving around nice car's and pervering on women with 9 mill under the seat. Only to be used if someone disrecpect him. Depraved culture, not much differenment to muslim sheep of that listen to the koran then commit sheep mentality terrorist attacks.

TUPAC the prophot of the world? lol what a joke. Just another rapper mentality, that end's be drawn to crime.

[edit on 6-3-2005 by TheTruth123]

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   
hey you left out the american soldiers that listen to the bad english of the president of the united states going to other countries and killing people

we should ban him talking along with islam and rap

Way to go, you are great, you are #1, you are a winner, we all love you

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kramthenothing
You talk about rappers like they are heros it's so funny ha ha they rap about selling crack destroying communitys, killing for no good reason, if you like that kind of music thats fine but don't talk like they give a damn about anyone but themselves!

That's funny... That's the same impression I have from heavy metal groups.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join