It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There have been 22 school shootings in the US so far this year

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   
There have been 22 school shootings in the US so far this year

WASHINGTON — So far in 2019 there have been 22 shootings at US schools in which someone was hurt or killed.

They have occurred across the country, from Georgia to California, at elementary, middle and high schools and on college and university campuses.

Since there is no single definition for what qualifies as a school shooting, CNN set the following parameters:

The shooting must involve at least one person being shot (not including the shooter).
The shooting must occur on school property, which includes but is not limited to, buildings, athletic fields, parking lots, stadiums and buses.
We included accidental discharge of a firearm as long as the first two parameters are met, except in instances where the sole shooter is law enforcement or a security officer.
We included injuries sustained from BB guns, since the Consumer Product Safety Commission has identified them as potentially lethal.

It's nearly August now, but the frequency and seriousness of shootings appears to have dived compared to previous years. During the Obama and Bush administration, school shootings were at all-time highs...

+11 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   
They include BB guns...

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Facepalm.

Oh boy.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   

And water pistols,pop tarts,your fingers...

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   
CNN: 4 hour conference held to debate adding spitwads to list of potential weapons.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: AnakinWayneII

I am wondering if there will be anymore shootings this school year?
It can get to the point where you are better off homeschooling your
children.I still have grandchildren in the school systems.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
They include BB guns...

And fights over parking spaces between grown adults

Oh and this one really reaching hard to call this a school shooting

A 21-year-old man died from a gunshot wound after being shot in a parking lot near a fraternity house at the University of Oregon.

A parking lot near a frat ... dose the 7-11 getting robbed count aswell

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Good lord. I haven't even heard of half that many. Usually school shootings make national news.
It's become far too common. Are we becoming desensitized?
So wrong.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   
They need to start back ground checks for pellet guns!

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   
And they missed the vast majority of Americans every time.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Slinki
Good lord. I haven't even heard of half that many. Usually school shootings make national news.
So wrong.

No.
CNN is sensationalizing.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 03:31 PM
link   
So the gun free zone law never helped, but in fact became a lure for shootings since they would be done by demented people who know that no one would likely be shooting back at them, and the gun free zone law is not being debated or blamed.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

originally posted by: Slinki
So wrong.

No.
CNN is sensationalizing.

When are they not? Just the same old crap the left has been doing for decades. Only now they can get away with just being blatant about it. Where back in the day, they kind of denied that their end goal was to completely ban guns. Now they just don't care. Most people are too stupid to care.

(post by HopeSillyChaCha1 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: HopeSillyChaCha1
As a very proud Democrat, I can assure you we ARE coming for your guns. No one needs a fully auto revolver capable of firing 20 bullets per second. Once we remove all the guns from repukelicans, we will round you all up to educate you. Think of the children!!! Never mind we approve of abortions. Do as we say, not as we do. Dems will crush the patriarchy in 2016. Fear us or join us. Your choice.

Revolvers do not hold 20 bullets.
I'm not sure people who favor gun rights are the ones needing to be educated in this case.
edit on 28-7-2019 by randomtangentsrme because: sp. . .

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

originally posted by: HopeSillyChaCha1
As a very proud Democrat, I can assure you we ARE coming for your guns. No one needs a fully auto revolver capable of firing 20 bullets per second. Once we remove all the guns from repukelicans, we will round you all up to educate you. Think of the children!!! Never mind we approve of abortions. Do as we say, not as we do. Dems will crush the patriarchy in 2016. Fear us or join us. Your choice.

Revolvers do not hold 20 bullets.
I'm not sure people who favor gun rights are the ones needing to be educated in this case.

Are you sure there are no 20 round revolvers? Im pretty sure some of these exist. :-p. But this poster you replied to is obviously an expert in creative writing either way.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

I think that was satire

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   

They also included accidental discharges

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: HopeSillyChaCha1

I have to ask this...what have you been drinking today?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join