It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreaming of Deceased Parents & I Living in Another Life

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   
For several months I have been having this recurring dream scenario.
My deceased parents and I are living in town and basically going about daily life.
The town is similar to our hometown but Is Not this town ( in this life).
In the dream we own a small Mom & Pop restaurant (As we Did in This Life)
We go about the daily job of driving there, parking, and going to Open up for Customers. It is located in the small town square, Similar to where we lived. Yet, the layout and buildings are different.
It is so dang real that I can smell the food cooking!
We go about the day cooking cleaning and serving our customers.
Yet, I don't know Any of Them.
I have Always known all of our customers since I was brought up in our Real life Restaurant.
Generally I run errands in my Dads truck and very vividly cant recognize where I'm at. Yet I have no trouble driving myself around and somehow, I don't get lost.
My parents look as if they are in their early 50's. They both passed at 80 many years ago. They are young and vibrant. Happy and Content.
Every dream is a little different in the scope of what WE do yet it is just basic life.
I'm posting this because I would love to know what y'all think.
Everyday, meaningless dream Or is it more?
Thanks

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: FreeFalling

How long has it been since they passed? Did both your parents pass together in some sort of accident? I remember when my dad died for months I dreamed he was a spy and had to fake his death. I was only 19 when he passed.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I have the exact same type of reoccurring dreams as you described. About 10 years. The name I've given it is "the other place".

It's literally a real place, or so it seems. My friends and family are all there with me. We do mostly mundane stuff like walking around town, watching the sunset.

I wish I could put it into words better, but I'm glad I'm not the only one that has these types of dreams. Makes me think it's just our brains doing their thing.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

My father died in 2002 and mother in 2008. Neither in an accident, just aged natural causes. I am 56 at the moment.
Thanks for your reply

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: seaswine

Wow! That sounds very similar. Except, I don't recognize anyone but my parents but they all seem to know me.
Yes, it is a strange feeling for sure.
Thanks for sharing that

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   

You miss your parents and in that " other life" they are still with you and life goes on as basically normal, but your subconscious knows they're gone, so changed the details.

I'm sorry you lost them.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Dad had a massive heart attack when I was 19 Mom passes 10 years later died in her sleep. the day my dad died we had been out playing pin ball and cruising the hock shops. Life can and does change or turn on a dime. Its one thing for a lingering death and the blessing is a sudden death. My wife passed this Christmas after 29 years of marriage. Fortunately she passed very quickly from cancer.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

I'm very sorry for your losses and pain.
You are right.
Sudden death seems to cheat and steal while a lingering changes the one we love before our eyes.
My father lingered about 6 months and my mother about 3. Of course, I cared for both at my childhood home.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Sorry to hear you've lost your parents. No matter the age or why it happens, it hurts. My dad died last December and it's been rough. I like to think when I see him in dreams, that it's a way for him to say "what's up bud! I'm still around."

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Since this dream occurs so often it got me thinking, probably crazy thoughts lol.
I imagine it like a parallel life.
As if in dreamland we can connect to another, real life that people are living.
Some of those people are deceased and some maybe like me, just visiting lol
Is that even possible?

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Well your absolutely right that I miss them. I also didn't realize how much I still depended on their guidance and opinions, at that age but i did.
Losing them was like losing my Anchor.
I could navigate in life but I wasn't sure where or how to stop and live, for a long time, possibly still.
But in the dreams they offer no advice nor do I question them
Thanks for your reply

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Perhaps the vail between dimensions is thin for you, when you sleep. Not saying I believe in anything, but not saying I don’t.
Personally I’ve had dreams that I could fly, so real, so personal. Well you never know.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   

What if we believe in our dreams, so we can make them possible?

Sincerely No Clue

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

Thanks that's great a angle to look from

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: NoClue

I've never felt like this before about my dreams and I suppose anything is possible! Thanks

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I think your Dream is a Representation of your Spiritual Life after Death . You Again will be together with your Parents on the " Other Side " because of a Eternal Connection to them . A Continuation of " Our " Journey to become One with Our Creator" s" .

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 08:11 PM
link   
OP, you are simply seeing the future, where you are already dead and reunited with your parents. Live a better life to change your future existence.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 05:09 AM
link   

I'm very sorry for the loss of your parents. I'm an adult orphan as well, having lost both parents by the age of 41, and an only child of older parents so all of my grandparents and aunts and uncles are gone as well. It's very lonely when I stop and think about it.

I frequently (at least 3 times a week) have a dream where one or both of my parents are still alive, sometimes younger and we're at the house I grew up in but it's sometimes different and there are more houses built around it. And we're just going about the day, but not as extensively as your dream, and then at some point I realize that in reality they are gone, and I just can't process how they can be and yet not be. I'll go around the house tapping on objects to see if they sound the same as when I was there and they do. And then I realize the house has been sold to someone else and I panic, thinking I can't be living here. If they show up, I'll be in trouble. Once the realization that my mom was gone came to me in a dream where I was sitting in the living room talking to her and I said "You're not really here." To which she replied "Neither are you."

I also have constant dreams about places that are very different, yet I could tell you how they parallel real life ones.

I really do believe there's something to dreams because I've had visitations from people who died but I hadn't known they had passed yet. Out of the blue I dreamed about a neighbor I hadn't had contact with in about five years. I only heard her voice but it was definitely Jenny and she said mater of factly "Well, I'm not here anymore." and some other chit chat but sure enough about four weeks later my friend spots her obituary in the paper. She had passed around that time of the dream. Proof enough to me that there's something more to dreams.

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: EveStreet

Thank you for your heartfelt response.
I understand your story because it is similar to mine in that my parents were also older and so I have lost most relatives except for 2 older brothers.
Plus both my parents were only children so that cut down on relatives from the start.
I agree with you that I just seem to know there are more to dreams.
I tend to see a lot of deceased people in my dreams.
IRS just weird lol

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

Thanks that a good way to look at it.
One day I would love to document another ongoing dream about a house and town and flying. But it would take a long time.
Yes, the Vail is thin for me, especially if I listen

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join