It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Military Admits UFO's, Lawmaker Expresses Concerns On Fox News

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ChiefD

Agreed. It's time to let us know the truth.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: seaswine

"Possibly the most incredible in written human history."

I don't know, I think they already came and visited the ancient world thousands of years ago. There are aliens and alien aircraft scribbled all over rocks and ancient caves from Egyptians and others. No way will I ever be convinced that humans, or even giants, built the pyramids that are so perfectly aligned with constellations and stars that could barely be seen with the naked human eye. Never. And that includes Stonehenge, along with many other unexplained artifacts and sites. Tiwanacu, for example, was made with stones weighing 400 tons that were then etched and fitted together so they could interlock in three dimensions. No human could do any of that.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

May you please provide elaboration on what you believe "other dimensional" may mean?

I am, interested in what individuals discussing these topics mean when they say that phrasing and terminology.

Is other dimensional something you would fear? Is this something you expect to be more advanced than you? Is this something you expect to exist outside the bounds of time, or within the bounds of your space-time at their own free will and determination?

How would you react?
How would your country and/or civilization as a whole, react to such a thing?

It seems the default reaction from many is to assume something they do not understand is "evil" which is fine and would typically be expected. It keeps organisms safe and reproducing, to avoid unknowns with a presumption of danger.

If there is no tangible danger, the presumption itself could be dangerous. However, that doesn't necessarily mean it is a wrong reaction. It may just be necessary, temporarily.
edit on 27-7-2019 by Archivalist because: Minor

edit on 27-7-2019 by Archivalist because: Tonido

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Kinetic impactor.

They would never even need to put themselves at risk.

We would never know until after our apocalypse had begun, and we would be unlikely to do much as a response until it was over.

Our best deterrent, and I've discussed this point many times, in many threads, is the international network of sub surface, deep ocean, nuclear submarines, able to trigger heavy nuclear weapons after a massive assault on large human populations.

A kinetic impactor may not destroy every hidden mountain base and or deep ocean intercontinental or beyond, capable nuclear submarine, with active weapons or payloads capable of being armed.

Aka, an advanced alien race may be at some risk if they try to wipe us, and are not 100% successful on first strike.

MAD isn't a human only concept, probably. We can absolutely wreck this planet with nuclear fissile material. If they come for a nice, non-radiated planet, we can easily disappoint or thwart that expectation.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: MRinder

Global government isn't a bad idea, if equally representing the entire "globe".

I think we can all say, without thinking twice, that no country is prepared to lead that initiative in a fair, unbiased, and impartial way.

It will need to be a completely new country, that never existed before. Perhaps, on a completely separate planet. A self sustaining Mars colony, can be impartial to Earth, if they don't have any skin in the Earth game.

They would be the most fair I can think of, that we will have in the relatively short term... Capable of unionizing the entire planet Earth under a single ideal, without corruption immediately ruining the trust.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Do you really think the general public give a #????
There is only us who want to know.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Aerial Phenomena has always been, will always be.

Ever since the dawn of man, we have witnessed great feats.
Be it in the sky, the ocean, human endeavours, all the places that we can not naturally go.
We spur our selves on to do greater things , to re-enact those scenes, those dreams, the visions we've had, or witnessed to make ourselves greater, to be like the so called "gods" or better.

Every story has a purpose, has a beginning an influence a means to why it should be told.
Some moment in time, that makes you think this should be remembered, makes you think, with a kind of envy maybe sometimes.

Sometimes, though we just want to know.
The longing, & that is what every human has a longing for even if they do not know it.
A conclusion, for what... each person is different, we all have questions how do we address them?
How do we try to understand our minds, our conciousness?

The mind is a mirror of the universe & beyond & so the opposite is true too .
We see what we want to see & maybe that is the point.
Maybe that is conciousness awareness an ever evolving awareness that we once had, a oneness with everything in the universe & beyond like when you was a child & as we get older we rediscover again.

Then death, the longing even if we do not realise it.

Chatting #e sorry listening to Hans Zimmer Coda

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Archivalist
a reply to: MRinder

Global government isn't a bad idea, if equally representing the entire "globe".

I think we can all say, without thinking twice, that no country is prepared to lead that initiative in a fair, unbiased, and impartial way.

It will need to be a completely new country, that never existed before. Perhaps, on a completely separate planet. A self sustaining Mars colony, can be impartial to Earth, if they don't have any skin in the Earth game.

They would be the most fair I can think of, that we will have in the relatively short term... Capable of unionizing the entire planet Earth under a single ideal, without corruption immediately ruining the trust.
Seriously? Every single thing in the universe is survival of the fittest. If aliens could get here, which given the vast distances it is highly doubtful, they would most likely exterminate us like cockroaches.

AND global government is a horrible idea.
edit on 27-7-2019 by MRinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Archivalist

May you please provide elaboration on what you believe "other dimensional" may mean?

Let me take a stab at this. Composing online is usually a mistake, but here goes. The idea that there is another dimension is inherent in nearly every human tradition, i.e.: Some sort of after-life, Heaven, reincarnation, another world. Our Western culture gives this a dim view, particularly the scientific rationalist community, bit also ester religions. Jesus may come again, and that's reincarnation, but only He can do it. Contrast that to Hindu or Buddhist traditions where the idea is much more common.

Now I know we Western empiricists believe that is a lot of hokum. I get that. I accept that. I understand the scientific point of view because, you know, we Western scientific types are so damn smart and the religious emotional idiots who surround us are so damn stupid. That's a give and that is our World View.

Let's suppose for a moment that the next dimension is actually true. Let's say our physical brains are like a radio transmitter/receiver and that when our brains are destroyed, that doesn't mean the music stops playing. Our consciousness is the music. Our brains are the players. When our brains die, our consciousness lives on in the next dimension. Our religions call this Heaven/Hell and tell us what to expect, but they may be entirely wrong, or we may just experience what we expect to as our consciousness creates reality for us. This is not exactly a new idea, and when you study modern quantum mechanics, a lot of those folks are suggesting the same thing.

Now, what if what we know as UFOs come from that same plane of existence? What if those guys have figured out the interface and figured out how to traverse to and from this dimension? What if that is all true and we just haven't discovered it yet?

If that were proven to us, would that not freak the hell out of a whole lot of people? What if they were FORCED to confront this new reality, so very different from "aliens from space" and all that we think we now about the Universe? And here we are, the kids who have not been told the truth and still believe in Santa Clause.

Wow, that would be bummer, huh? And that would explain all the secrecy and why those who know do not want the truth brought out because, "You can't handle the truth!" --Jack Nicholson in "A Few Good Men."

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 11:12 PM
link   

I think the drones are secret military pilot-less test drones remotely controlled and more maneuverable because there's no human occupant who's head would explode from the high G turns. Seems more plausible by Occam's razor than extraterrestrials effing with us who are from millions of light years away.

edit on 27-7-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: LoneCloudHopper2
a reply to: Spacespider
... but the problem with that is that the vast majority of people completely ignore this stuff. It's become routine for people to instantly ignore anything to do with UFO's and ET's/unknown visitors. The truth never did come out before, so the silence seemed like confirmation to the non-believers for so long. Now that it is being admitted, I think a great many people naturally ignore it just out of habit. Not sure what it will take for the truth to really sink into the public consciousness at this point.

Yes, you are 100% correct. Multiple generations have been conditioned by Hollywood (aka the CIA) to immediately shun anything resembling "conspiracy theory". Add to their conditioning the daily dose of Keeping Up With the Kardashians and the massive influence of pop-culture and we have an absolutely brain dead vastness of the general viewing public who will never believe or pay any attention to what's really going on.

Tucker even said it best when he was one of the first networks to have Commander Fravor on his segment. He closed that particular segment (back in 2017) with the statement, "I can't believe this isn't headline news every night. Why aren't more people talking about this?"

We are easily 20 years away from having a substantial portion of the population willing and able to comprehend what this subject matter actually means. It takes that long to turn around a society already so deeply rooted in daily disinformation. This is a primary reason why I will never believe "disclosure" will ever occur. The public has not yet been conditioned to be accepting and open to the possibility of non-terrestrial life.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

I think the drones are secret military pilot-less test drones remotely controlled and more maneuverable because there's no human occupant who's head would explode from the high G turns. Seems more plausible by Occam's razor than extraterrestrials effing with us who are from millions of light years away.

While I appreciate the general premise of Occam's Razor the problem I have is that it is often used as an answer in the absence of knowledge. Just because we do not understand something does not mean we should always apply Occam's Razor as a scapegoat and say, "Really, there's a simple explanation for this." Sometimes we just don't know.

To your point about the phenomena possibly being drones I would say this. We have absolutely nothing in our inventory that can move from 80,000 feet to sea level in .072 seconds. That was the reported travel distance and travel time of the UAPs involved in the Nimitz sightings.

Doing basic calculations that would mean the object traveled 15 miles in less than 1 second at a speed of 750,000 mph.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

thank you for the hint...lord, all these years researcing...embarrassed to say I didnt know

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Archivalist

Actually, I recently did a thread explaining this. These are my opinions, but based on much research. The subject has come up more and more frequently in recent years in UFO discussions, actually. As time passes, it seems more likely to be the case.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Obsidian303

Thanks for sharing these interesting thoughts, Obsidian.
John Keel would say that to look into the spiritual/other-dimensional is to look into a mirror, through which we see the other side reflected back at us. Like we imagine into form, at least in part. It expresses itself through our own minds. Such entities are without form and have no place in our world, but through spiritual connection, we believe them into our reality.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Very well said, Schuyler! That encapsulates the basic idea, as proposed by people like John Keel. The brain is a receiver for energy to take form in this world. When the brain dies, the energy of consciousness still exists in the spiritual side of reality, but no longer has an identity in the physical world. We are all part of the other dimension and a part of this one, both at once. There are however beings who are not in the physical world. They can be called 'ghosts' or 'angels/demons' or so on, but they currently only reside on the spiritual side. On that side, they may be no different than we are on that side. In order to take form in our world, they must draw energy from us, either through possession or (apparently) by consuming living physical matter after taking on physical form. It seems a certain electric energy is required to exist here which is not natural to the other side.

It gets pretty deep, but this is the jest of it.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Sadly, you may be right. It would be shocking and utterly baffling for many people. It would however encourage a real change of understanding, a growth of awareness and perception. It would pave the way for a MUCH more interesting world! So I have to be hopeful!

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

I think the airforce already uses that IR systems for a long time, they may have upgraded them a bit more sensitive maybe for tracking smaller objects?

We've all seen footage from earlier navy pilots as the Chilean navy and Mexican navy showed this on their IRST systems.

What I've learned is the Eurofighter Typhoon and I believe SU 27's had these systems earlier internally build in their planes but they never shared any footage as far as I know of any encounter with these UAP's

Why the US navy never installed these systems on their craft I don't know, but now seems to be the perfect moment to install them.

The Drive

edit on 0b05America/ChicagoSun, 28 Jul 2019 02:22:05 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoSun, 28 Jul 2019 02:22:05 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: LoneCloudHopper2
a reply to: seaswine

orange lights/orbs in the sky is a common sighting in regards to UFO's/aliens. I believe they have always been here, as has been evidenced through history.

Spot on mate
Just remember that they come in all the colours of the rainbow not just orange. Also they are shape shifting capability plus are connected to radiant white motherships that can crop spray you with manna

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   
So , Fox News can also take things out of context .
BFD.
Walker , at no point , stated anything about "otherworldliness"
And , yes , it is a concern for security .
That is a violation of airspace.

All I read so far is just wishful thinking from science fiction enthusiasts.

edit on 7/28/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join