It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 2 Creatures That Could Deny Evolution !

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Quadrivium

They don’t happen when you need them, they happen randomly, they stick around if they are useful, which helps you adapt, which helps you survive. Some species never got the random mutation that might have helped them adapt to a changing environment, hence the long list of extinct species.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33
Do you have any scientific evidence, a link for example, to back up that "assertion"?

Or is it the basic "cuz the bible" explaination?

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 09:41 PM
link   
wait a second, if two species "not changing" * disproves evolution then what do all the hundreds of thousands of species that HAVE changed prove? Like you're the one who chose this particular hill for your last stand, how do you reconcile all that?

*i think u would find the genetics of a modern crocodile to be significantly different to those of an ancient one, appearance notwithstanding

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776

They don’t happen when you need them, they happen randomly, they stick around if they are useful, which helps you adapt, which helps you survive. Some species never got the random mutation that might have helped them adapt to a changing environment, hence the long list of extinct species.

And therein lies the dilemma.
If the mutations were truly random, evolution would happen whether it was "needed" or not. If it were truly random, why would the environment have anything to do with it?
They "stick around" if they are useful? Does that mean they at taken back if they are not?

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quadrivium

If the mutations were truly random, evolution would happen whether it was "needed" or not. If it were truly random, why would the environment have anything to do with it?
They "stick around" if they are useful? Does that mean they at taken back if they are not?

That post is proof that you do not understand the basic premise of evolution. Whether you accept the premise as valid or not is completely irrelevant, but you don't seem to be armed with enough knowledge to effectively argue your position.

Debating 101. Don't try to argue against something you don't understand. It makes one appear foolish.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Mutations do happen weather or not they are needed.

The environment doesn’t trigger a mutation.

No.
edit on 26-7-2019 by Quantumgamer1776 because: The voices

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

I’m glad I’m not the only one who feels like they are arguing with a brick wall.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2

That post is proof that you do not understand the basic premise of evolution. Whether you accept the premise as valid or not is completely irrelevant, but you don't seem to be armed with enough knowledge to effectively argue your position.

Debating 101. Don't try to argue against something you don't understand. It makes one appear foolish.

Yawn......
Debating 102. If you all you can do is deflect, keep quiet.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 10:01 PM
link   

If one MUST adapt to survive then the mutations are not random, they happen when you need them.

Not necessarily. Many cancers are caused by random mutations within DNA. This could be environmental such as toxins or radiation, defective genetics, etc. I'm pretty sure cancer patients would disagree with you in that they 'need them.'

Mutations don't just happen when you need to adapt to survive. They can happen despite not needing them.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Mutations do happen weather or not they are needed.

The environment doesn’t not trigger a mutation.

No.

Then......

Evolution happens when you must adapt to survive, both the animals you listed are at the top of the food chain in their respective environments.

What need would they have to evolve?

A mutation must make survival easier for a species for it to spread throughout that species.

You don't understand evolution or you have split personalities.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Oh I see the problem now, you don’t understand the difference between a mutation and evolution.

I think this conversation has reached an impasse due to your willful ignorance.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subrosabelow

If one MUST adapt to survive then the mutations are not random, they happen when you need them.

Not necessarily. Many cancers are caused by random mutations within DNA. This could be environmental such as toxins or radiation, defective genetics, etc. I'm pretty sure cancer patients would disagree with you in that they 'need them.'

Mutations don't just happen when you need to adapt to survive. They can happen despite not needing them.

Not trying to be rude, but I am not the one that stated they were "needed". That came from the poster I was replying to. I was trying to show how absurd and confused they sounded.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Yawn......

Pointing out something that is apparent to everyone but you is deflecting?

I guess you would prefer an echo chamber, where everyone agrees with you.

I asked you for information that supported your position but you provided none.

Have a good evening.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Oh I see the problem now, you don’t understand the difference between a mutation and evolution.

I think this conversation has reached an impasse due to your willful ignorance.

The only willful ignorance is on your part.
You made two contradicting statements and are trying to blame me for your ignorance.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 10:23 PM
link   

My statements were not contradictory, they involved two different things, mutations and evolution.

You don’t understand the fundamentals of what you are discussing so you are constantly confused by the subject.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Yawn......

Pointing out something that is apparent to everyone but you is deflecting?

I guess you would prefer an echo chamber, where everyone agrees with you.

I asked you for information that supported your position but you provided none.

Have a good evening.

No deflecting is what you do when you are not able to respond due to lack of knowledge.
If you understood the basic premise of evolution you would see that Quantumgamer1776 first few comments were contradicting each other and the Modern Synthesis.
Yet you would rather attack someone that you believe has a different view point than your own.
Childish.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Maybe Neanderthal, which is exactly like us save for denser bones and a raised brow would be us if we lived for 500 years and lived a physical life. Our brows keep growing. Shows far more in men, than women.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 10:33 PM
link   

My statements were not contradictory, they involved two different things, mutations and evolution.

You don’t understand the fundamentals of what you are discussing so you are constantly confused by the subject.

Please look back on your post.
Evidently, I understand it better than you. Perhaps you should of went a little farther than freshman biology.
It's not too late to admit you made a mistake. After all, what YOU wrote is plain for everyone to see.
Why not just stop now.

edit on 26-7-2019 by Quadrivium because: Changed "ninth grade" to "freshman"

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 10:37 PM
link   

What is the difference between a mutation and evolution?

Enlighten me, for I am so confused.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Please look back on your post.
Evidently, I understand it better than you. Perhaps you should of went a little farther than 9th grade biology.
It's not too late to admit you made a mistake. After all, what YOU wrote is plain for everyone to see.
Why not just stop now.

So everyone participating in this threadd is wrong but you.

LMAO

Pricless.....
edit on 7262019 by Mach2 because: Sp

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join