It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Citizen Detained For Weeks, Nearly Deported By Immigration Officials

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Ive got a serious question for those that push stories like this:

Do you realize how harmful it is to these issues that you support?

I mean, everything from the disingenuousness nature of the media to the content of the story itself. It only ever "speaks" to those who already buy into the Story fully.

Anyone who might be agreeable, but on the fence even a little, will be pushed away, just like when folks talk about universal healthcare for "undocumented migrants."

Its like shooting ones own foot is being turned into both an olympic level sport and an artform.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: Xcalibur254

nice try
interesting that you left out this portion

She explained confusion over Galicia's nationality stemmed from a tourist visa issued when he was a child and the fact that his mother used an assumed name on Francisco's birth certificate.

perhaps if his mother hadn't falsified documents his verification period would have been much less

or are you advocating out leos not verify documents?

Why would X leave that out?

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 04:32 PM
link   

So let me get this straight. There has been one reported incident of wrongful deportation and you go berserk with accusations that, "ICE is now rounding up anyone that looks Hispanic and deporting them"? Boy oh boy are you off your rocker.

For one, this isn't a straight up case. There was definitely some conflicting information.

And secondly, I would actually have expected far more instances of wrongful deportation. The fact that it has not happened more means it is working unexpectedly well.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

Yes or no. Were these people US citizens?

Yes or no. Were these people given ample opportunity to prove they were US citizens?

That should be all that matters. The fact that we're now detaining/deporting US citizens for no reason other than their skin color proves that the system is fundamentally broken.

Yes or no. Were documents falsified?

Yes or no. Would this have happened were it not for that?

I wonder why we aren't seeing way more stories such as this, if what you said was true..
edit on 26-7-2019 by Wardaddy454 because: phone no likey.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   

a reply to: shooterbrody

Sure. Let's blame the mom and not the fact that ICE agents didn't follow proper protocol.

ICE did their job.
They managed to get 2 criminals in that stop.
Good work.
As for the US Citizen, well he was not deported. So he learned a valuable lesson about falsified documents.
However, he and the other US citizens in the car should be charged for harbouring criminals, or at least investigated to find out if they knew they were giving safe haven to criminals.
edit on 26/7/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

nice try

She explained confusion over Galicia's nationality stemmed from a tourist visa issued when he was a child and the fact that his mother used an assumed name on Francisco's birth certificate.

perhaps if his mother hadn't falsified documents his verification period would have been much less

Pushing propaganda seems to have become some sort of therapy for those that so badly want to believe the person they have spent the last 3 years pretending is the devil is actually the devil. It's easier than admitting they have been brainwashed and conned.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

I agree. IMHO, part of the problem is pandering, fear mongering, and shaming are not precise instruments.

They are blunt force tools wielded by the myopic.

In this case, the details make a lot of difference but I guess that is the point. I don't want to see folks treated poorly or come to harm making the journey through the desert. BUT...to claim ICE straight up did the kid wrong out of the clear blue skies is disingenuous.

And rounding up anyone who is Hispanic? Huh? Simply untrue.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 01:11 AM
link   

The replies in this thread are sick.

I can't believe people are defending this. Well, actually I can considering some of the other stuff I've seen ATS support before.

The most screwed up part to me isn't that we just did this to an American citizen. It's that in 21 days of captivity (which they only got out at that point due to media attention), the person in question lost 27 pounds. If you assume a normal 2000 calorie diet for that person, that would mean they were instead only being fed 500 calories per day. Considering their activity is much less presumably (being kept in cages without room to move will do that), it means that most likely they were getting even less than that.

If we're feeding one person so little, we're doing it to a hell of a lot more than one. Prisoners are disappearing without documentation... wonder if they're starving to death.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 01:28 AM
link   

nice try

Inherently dishonest?

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Sick enough for .....

wait for it ......... 🍌🤡🍌

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Cool horse.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 01:37 AM
link   

nice try

Inherently dishonest?

Possibly "incoherently" maybe too 😎

You never know for sure who's "watching" 🎱

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Um per your own post we had admitted illegals and someone who had papers that had false information. The mother is an illegal.

What we need is a SC ruling making it concrete law that illegals do not convey citizenship to kids born on US soil. Only citizens and people here on a legal valid visa convey citizenship.

But hey, let's ignore all the facts and make this a case of racial profiling.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   

The mother claimed her son was born in Mexico on official documents. Why in the world would anyone have a problem with ICE thinking he was born in Mexico when the kids mom said he was on official documents?

The name on the birth certificate does not match the kids name on other documents because the mom gave him different names on different documents. ICE is not the problem here. Illegals taking advantage of the system are the problem here.
edit on 27-7-2019 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3

Galicia, 18, was in a van with his brother Marlon and three other high school friends on June 27. They were on their way to Houston for a recruitment event when they were stopped at a border patrol checkpoint in Falfurrias, Texas — about 50 miles from home and within the corridor of the Rio Grande Valley Border Patrol Sector.

Officials wanted to know their legal status. Their answers varied.

Two of them were immediately cleared but Galicia's 17-year-old brother and another boy, were in the country illegally. They were detained.

When officials questioned Galicia, he told them he was born in Dallas. He also produced a Texas ID, a social security card and a copy of a wallet-sized birth certificate.

Source

Oh look, what everyone said was going to happen is happening. ICE is now rounding up anyone that looks Hispanic and deporting them. Of course this will probably get better. I mean I'm sure Trump's new order that allows for expedited deportation won't see any US citizens kicked out of the country.

Let's ask Julio Ovalle what his thoughts are on this new policy. He was only wrongfully deported and then kidnapped by the cartels. I'm sure he can speak very highly of ICE and their thoroughness on validating a person's citizenship.
Source

Keep your facts straight, the kid was travelling in the company of two illegals.

I find it interesting the girls id were not checked, the illegal Mom was not touched. Is there perhaps a threat of some kind coming from young males that we have not been told about.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

The mother claimed her son was born in Mexico on official documents. Why in the world would anyone have a problem with ICE thinking he was born in Mexico when the kids mom said he was on official documents?

The name on the birth certificate does not match the kids name on other documents because the mom gave him different names on different documents. ICE is not the problem here. Illegals taking advantage of the system are the problem here.

They got the documents eventually though and still said too bad. This is not the first American citizen that would be detained and deported. The negative publicity is why he was released.

Furthermore your argument relies on some variation of papers please where people are rounded up on the street. That should not happen in America.
edit on 27-7-2019 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Yes, and different documents had different birth places and different names. Which means after they got them they had to investigate them.

Maybe the mother should not have come here illegally and maybe not lied on official documents and maybe not used multiple names and birth places.

They were close to the border to Mexico. Perfectly legal to stop them. Guess what, the car had illegals in it!
edit on 27-7-2019 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Yes, and different documents had different birth places and different names. Which means after they got them they had to investigate them.

Maybe the mother should not have come here illegally and maybe not lied on official documents and maybe not used multiple names and birth places.

They were close to the border to Mexico. Perfectly legal to stop them. Guess what, the car had illegals in it!

Where the mother came from is irrelevant. Citizens are citizens regardless of the crimes of their parents. ICE was given documentation showing so and disregarded it.

It is not illegal to be in the same car as illegals.

It certainly doesn't justify being held without charge and tortured (starved) for weeks. Actually, nothing justifies that, but this guy committed zero crimes on top of it all.
edit on 28-7-2019 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   

False. They were given documentation of SOMEONE. Who is he. Is he the guy born in America. The guy born in Mexico. Which name is actually his since there were multiple names. Riding with illegals and has paperwork in his name saying he is born in Mexico. The right call was made.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   

False. They were given documentation of SOMEONE. Who is he. Is he the guy born in America. The guy born in Mexico. Which name is actually his since there were multiple names. Riding with illegals and has paperwork in his name saying he is born in Mexico. The right call was made.

So you tell me. What crime was he committing? What justified him being locked up? What was the case the state had to charge him? Suspicion of being illegal is not a crime. This is not a country where you are required to show papers on demand to prove you are a citizen, that is not and never has been a law. Such a policy is what the Gestapo did, and is universally mocked for it to this day. It is not an idea we should emulate.

I have seen stories of several people like this, citizens in cars with illegals. They get locked up just the same, and are heavily "encouraged" to deport themselves, even when the paperwork shows they're citizens. In the case of one I talked to, when they figured out who the person was, they dropped him off in the middle of the desert with no money, no food, and no water, to release him, no paperwork either (likely, they were hoping he would die of exposure, or someone else would recapture him). In this guys case, they were attempting to either starve him to death, or make him agree to leave the country.

And, this doesn't even address my bigger point of how this show treatment in the camps. He lost 27 pounds during 23 days in captivity. ICE claims these prisoners are well fed and taken care of. If you're being fed, you cannot lose 27 pounds in 23 days.
edit on 28-7-2019 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join