It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why no UTU message notification?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Does ATS not want much UTU contact to happen and just would rather it be done in the open forum.....for easier censorship?

Seems strange. I know there was a nice(thank you) software update that seemed to eliminate the half hour hangups, but why does a user have to go LOOKING for UTU messages as opposed to being notified.

I just sent a UTU message about their recent thread closure, there is literally a slim chance they will see it in the next couple of days. Why limit user interaction when it's such a simple feature.
edit on 25-7-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Also seems weird that clicking on a user name, and bringing up their profile, has no direct link to initiating a U2U message. Rather you have to copy and paste their name into your own message box for a new message?

Is directly contacting users something ATS does not wish to propagate?

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 11:08 PM
link   
The message was received and replied to but only because I was checking to see if the mod who closed the thread had replied yet.

The envelope thingy used to light up when a U2U was received but doesn’t anymore, I had msgs that were weeks old that I hadn’t read, now I usually check it when I check my thread replies.
I’ve sent msgs to a few noobies that I’m sure will never be read though.

When I click on the little person under avatars it give me the option to send U2Us
Are you sure it not there on your side?

The thread was only closed for review so I’m hopeful it will be reopened, if necessary I can have the mod trash that one and do another that’s online with T&Cs

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

I clicked on the "little person" and did see the options available for sending a message, thanks for the tip.

I guess I've just been on the net for too long and figured clicking on a username would yield such eventual options.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Also, I admire your belief that your thread will be reopened. The reopen percentage rate seems single digit around here.

Granted I understand with that statement a mod might just reopen it to prove me a fool, but would it really?

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

Also, I admire your belief that your thread will be reopened. The reopen percentage rate seems single digit around here.

Granted I understand with that statement a mod might just reopen it to prove me a fool, but would it really?

It will be reviewed when the US based mods get online which is understandable and will most likely find a new home in RATS.

If it gets trashed I’ll tone it down a bit and repost in that forum.

But back on topic, to the site owners, can we adjust the code or sacrifice a chicken to Moloch or whatever it is we need to do so that the envelope thingy lights up again?

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Does ATS not want much UTU contact to happen and just would rather it be done in the open forum.....for easier censorship?

I believe that the mods can view and act on your U2Us.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

"Does ATS not want much UTU contact to happen?!?"

Are you suggesting this is done on purpose..lol

My U2U button hasn't lit up in years and I have grown quite used to just checking my messages regularly.

If you click the little green button under the stats of a user in a post you can send messages directly.

Peace

top topics

join