It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asteroid about 100 metres in diameter - Traveling 24 kilometres a second has just missed the Earth

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   
2006 QV89 September 23 2019 12:54 PM 59 day 0.00180458619180766

I think this one is pretty close shave.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox
100 meters?

Lets be real ok?

That wouldnt hardly have done a damn thing.

The area it wouldve hit probably would see something on par with a nuke, MAYBE.. but lets be real...

With the size of earth, I could almost guarantee it wouldnt have hit a populated area..

and even if it was heading in that direction.. the minute it wouldve hit our atmosphere it wouldve burned up and disintegrated to half the size if not less.

The science consensus is that it could have devastated a city... force would be more than hiroshima.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 04:39 AM
link   

100 meters?

Lets be real ok?

The area it wouldve hit probably would see something on par with a nuke, MAYBE.. but lets be real...

With the size of earth, I could almost guarantee it wouldnt have hit a populated area..

and even if it was heading in that direction.. the minute it wouldve hit our atmosphere it wouldve burned up and disintegrated to half the size if not less.

Just read up on tungska again... that was estimates to be 50-100m in diametre and exploded midair around 5-10km up.
Later some scientists believe the lake in the middle of the area is the crater (noone was up there till 18 years later) and that lake is 50m deep... :/

7ish km up and still shattered 2000 square km of forest.

Wikipedia writes that if it had arrived 6 hours later it would have decimated stockholm.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   

100 meters?

Lets be real ok?

Really

Impact Strength

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 06:19 AM
link   
looks like we need a detection system out in various lagrange points
around the sun and in the solar system

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   

100 meters?

Lets be real ok?

Check out the Arizona crater, left by a 50 m body.

A 100 m rocky body would explode with around 16 megaton force, and leave a crater 1.7 km wide and 350 m deep.

Pretty bad if it's in a populated area.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join