It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who would you make first contact with?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   
If you were an intellegent race of beings traveling across the galaxy, and after studying our planet for "X" amount of years, seeing all that we have to offer and what our different cultures are like, what nation or government would you make first, public contact with?

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Interesting question.

Right now?
Japan
Or
New Zealand

But if I'd been studying the earth for a long while, I would have chosen to make contact with various peoples the whole world over by about the mid 17th century. I would have tried to extinguish tribal warfare on the face of the earth and brought teachings of peace and show earth how to utilize it.

And stuff would have went down a lot better than it has.

X

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I've heard some pretty kooky stories about people who say they are in contact with aliens now, and alot of them say the aliens tell them that Japan will be the first place they make official contact.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake
I've heard some pretty kooky stories about people who say they are in contact with aliens now, and alot of them say the aliens tell them that Japan will be the first place they make official contact.

Makes a decent amount of sense, contacting Japan first, I mean. They seem to be a really progressive, accepting, and peaceful race.

Yeah, if I was an alien in charge of first contact, I'd go there.

X

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   
You guys might think I'm crazy, but I say the Vatican, which I believe is a country. If the aliens were to meet with the Pope it could help to quell any mass hysteria. Just a thought.

Peace

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Nah, that's really not crazy.

I think that the Pope could go far for keeping a relative calm.

But would the aliens wish to identify themselves with a particular theology? I'd say (however I have no true idea) no, simply because they would want to bring a more broad-sweeping message.

In a perfect world situation, that was exactly as it currently appears, I could see them making broad contact, and then requesting each country send an emissary and each religion to do so as well for some form of televised talks. But in the reality of "nothing is as it seems", and hidden agendas, the thought has occurred to me that any truly peaceful and highly evolved civilization would rather not deal with governments at all, and would rather speak to the peoples of the earth more directly.

I dunno, but it is an interesting thing to ponder eh?

X

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
what makes you think they'd contact humans first? Maybe they'd introduce themselves to your dog. Maybe they bark.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 11:35 PM
link   

mpeake, do you still remember what other sources you got that from?

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I would say Switzerland, why? simple, can you recall any wars they have been in?.........didn't think so. Then again their are lots of nations that are peacefull just like Siwtzerland. So choose.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by malakiem

mpeake, do you still remember what other sources you got that from?

Mostly from a few other alien theory websites (can't remember which ones). I think I may have even seen someone here talking about it before too. Perhaps saw it from the same places I did.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Probably a one-armed farmer in Switzerland or something...
(kidding)

It would really depend on what the agenda would be, as to who'd be contacted....

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 08:57 AM
link   
If I was the leader of an intelligent race, and time came to make contact, I would choose the most dominant nation for this task. But I think, aliens would simply wait up the time when all nations combine to form a general human race. That's supposed to happen.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Not a country, just one person that's intelligent, well respected, has a knowledge of astro-physics, is known to like aliens, and just happens to have
a couple of big attributes...

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xatnys

Makes a decent amount of sense, contacting Japan first, I mean. They seem to be a really progressive, accepting, and peaceful race.

Yeah, if I was an alien in charge of first contact, I'd go there.

X

Huh?!?

Japan had a bloody civil war that lasted FOUR HUNDRED years.

The Japanese were the first to use biological warfare against civilians, just to see if it would work, in China.

Do a Google search about the "Rape of Nanking" and see what it come up with.

Even today, Japan remains a very racist, xenophobic, and mysoginistic culture.

I'm not cutting down the Japanese. I respect many aspects of their culture and history. But "progressive, accepting, and peaceful" historically they are not.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I would say the US. For the simple fact that the US is the strongest country in the world. If the Aliens were to hand out techonology then the US would do anything to get it. So to aviod any war or conflict then just contact us firsts.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
What a interesting question, I must give you thumbs up!
Well I would for sure not visit the USA due to their Ignorance and Greed. Russia? Heck no just as bad and are backstabbers from hell. Germany? Yeah right lets see where they would go from their...... Australia Hmmmm nice people, wild acsents, but just a little bland. Korea? Naw to crazy probally would try killing the Aliens. Canada? Maybe but then again NO.

How about Lithuwania? Sounds crazy but they were always seperate from Russia never liked them due to their greed and POWER. Very smart people, not the greatest with technology but Very intelligent indeed. Plus the oldest speaking language in the world(Now of days) Why not Lithuwania Smart people that can hold secrets and never stick their nose in anyones buisness!

new topics

top topics

join