It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AG William Barr Re-Instates Federal Death Penalty

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   

NBC News - AG Barr reinstatement of Federal Death Penalty

I'm sure the timing is just a coincidence right?

Attorney General William Barr has ordered the reinstatement of the federal death penalty after a 16-year pause, the Department of Justice announced Thursday.

Barr also directed the Federal Bureau of Prisons to schedule the executions of five death-row inmates convicted of murder, the Justice Department said in a news release.

The executions are slated to take place in December 2019 and January 2020.
“Congress has expressly authorized the death penalty through legislation adopted by the people’s representatives in both houses of Congress and signed by the President,” Barr said in a statement.
"The Justice Department upholds the rule of law — and we owe it to the victims and their families to carry forward the sentence imposed by our justice system," he added.
The last federal execution occurred in 2003, when Louis Jones Jr. was put to death for raping and murdering a 19-year-old female soldier.
There are currently 62 inmates on federal death row, according to a list compiled by the Death Penalty Information Center, a Washington, D.C., nonprofit.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Not going to reduce the murder rate, god help him if any scheduled are innocent, many innocent people have been executed, and many have been exonerated whilst sitting on death row.

Even though I wrote that, sometimes there are people so vile..well, you know.

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   
hmm.
What is the penalty for treason again?

I think we might be needing this penalty soon for a few traitors.

edit on 7/25/19 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

The timing is not coincidental.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   
And let us not forget the Congress has authorized televising tribunal proceedings from Gitmo.
Just sayin': Time to Get the popcorn ready.
SAY, maybe we'll get to see those fancy guillotines in use that Obama ordered through FEMA...

ganjoa

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Too many people are on the loose taking murder to the next level these days, especially MS13 when they lop of peoples heads. Then you have ongoing Treason. I assume that you are aware that we are at war in this country. Also toss in ANTIFA and stir.
edit on 25-7-2019 by Waterglass because: added

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

hmm. What is the penalty for treason again? I think we might be needing this penalty soon for a few traitors.

Has anyone been accused of working with Iraqi or Afghani enemies right now?

If not, I think sedition is the crime many people mean to say in this context.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I hope this is Epstein related,
when and if the truth comes out and all those sick fecks get exposed I think most of humanity is going to need to see those pricks dancing on the end of a rope for catharsis

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
I hope this is Epstein related,
when and if the truth comes out and all those sick fecks get exposed I think most of humanity is going to need to see those pricks dancing on the end of a rope for catharsis

I think death is an easy way out.

Why not send them to one of the more rapey jails so they can get some karma?

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   
With DNA, cameras, phone records the odds are remarkably low these days of getting it wrong. For people like serial killers, the amount of damage they do is enormous. It's the people they killed plus all the people that loved those people that have to live with that loss forever. Knowing the killer is dead as a door knob is a small gesture that relieves some of that grief.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
hmm.

My thoughts exactly.

My pity meter for all these folks is sitting on empty right now.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass

Too many people are on the loose taking murder to the next level these days, especially MS13 when they lop of peoples heads. Then you have ongoing Treason. I assume that you are aware that we are at war in this country. Also toss in ANTIFA and stir.

Treason? like who you feel should be executed?

As for murder, the death penalty doesn't effect the murder rate, it's a revenge thing..and I get it sometimes.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tekaran

originally posted by: BlueAjah
hmm.

My thoughts exactly.

My pity meter for all these folks is sitting on empty right now.

Except sedition doesn't carry the possibility for the death penalty....

And I know people love using the treason word, but I have yet to see an accusation lately that would fall under the constitutional guidelines for treason.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

With DNA, cameras, phone records the odds are remarkably low these days of getting it wrong

You must not be familliar with how the police and prosecutors operate at times, crooked labs even.
Those phone records or dna may be suppressed by LE, or prosecution. Many people found innocent by the various entities like the Innocence Project, have found just that.

And, of course, it's often a matter of how much you have to spend on a legal defence.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Ya, we know what tree is being barked up here.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Ya, we know what tree is being barked up here.

This is one of my favorite trees to bark up... In the end people's denial doesn't matter, the laws are quite clear on sedition vs treason.

I just find it ironic the "constitutional" defenders are willing to ignore this most times it's brought up, because it's inconvenient.

Both parties prove their willingness to ignore the rule of law when it comes to going after their opponents.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Meanwhile countries that have outlawed the death penalty and focus on rehabilitation have a much lower recidivism rate.

Instead here in the US we have turned prisons in to a for-profit business. And people are still surprised that we have the highest prison population in the world?

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Both parties prove their willingness to ignore the rule of law when it comes to going after their opponents.

The truth!

Off to the salt mines, I'll check in later

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Read the news. Try California 1st then New York State. Too bad you wont be able to stop whats coming down the road.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   

edit on 25-7-2019 by AnrkE because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join