It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FTC fines Facebook $5 BILLION dollars, adds oversight for privacy mishaps

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

These issues are important but do we really want more regulation on private business?

Do you own a Smart Phone? Own a Car or Truck. Use many of the FREE Google apps. I am not a member of Facebook, Twitter or any other social media yet Goggle and my credit card companies know my every step, even if I "turn off" this and that. Yes privacy needs to be kept out of their hands

What about just after you purchase [within minutes] an item from a store or service a text message comes over your phone asking you to rate the experience? Tracking + Stalking!

Have you noticed that the DO NOT CALL LIST is not being followed?

edit on 25-7-2019 by Waterglass because: typo

edit on 25-7-2019 by Waterglass because: typo

edit on 25-7-2019 by Waterglass because: added

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: stormson

Look at this! Another door opened:

DOJ Launches Antitrust Probe into Tech Giants

Further, the DOJ stated it will “consider the widespread concerns that consumers, businesses, and entrepreneurs have expressed about search, social media, and some retail services online.” Amazon is one of the world’s largest online retailer, while Facebook has dominated the social media space over for a decade. For years, Google has operated the most popular search engine and dominated online advertising, a duopoly that Amazon is just now gaining a foothold against.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

I don't know other than to look at the SEC web site [Edgar] on Facebook stock moving forward as Facebook would have to declare the payment to the US Treasury as it was a significant fine. But can we find the $5 billion credit receipt to the treasury? I don't know.

Securities & Exchange Commission

Federal fines in many other consumer-focused agencies are paid to the U.S. Treasury – where Congress controls spending.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Well all I'm saying is from your opening post, you'd need some verification before gloating that the "Orange man good" or white hats back in charge in Langley.

posted on Jul, 30 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

before gloating

Oh believe me that I am not gloating.

But didn't some guy named Coats just resign as Q predicted. Hmmm

top topics

<< 1   >>

join