It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Convert to Roman Catholicism!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari
a reply to: gortex

IDK.. from what I know of it, it seems like a pretty awesome religion!

Take some classes when you are growing up...

Go to church on Easter and Christmas... get free wine and biscuits!

Sin all you want to, but tell a stranger about it (who isn't allowed to tell anyone else...)

Then at the end, a deathbed confession absolves everything and it's straight to heaven for you!

Disclaimer... that was kinda tongue in cheek but that's how the white side of my family rolls with it.

and when they finish the communion..the priest is very careful.....showing to all the group......how carefully he wipes clean the cup.....can't waste any of Jesus's blood.....

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Never said this to another ATS member before and will get bounced myself for it...but you need to go tread water elsewhere and drown in your own hate and filth

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Nevermind. It is futile.
edit on 24-7-2019 by TheGreatWork because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: deknubed

Peter the magician was quite a character

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   

But I thought that the Orthodox Church was the original and unchanged Catholic Church, which would make you as much of a heretic as the Protestants.

Now, if that sounds like a ridiculous argument, reread your original post, Pharisee.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Funny

I'm.Roman Catholic.. performed all the sacraments, went to 12 years of Catholic school...

Yet.. I'm also a hardcore liberal/left winger.

I will also tell you every priest from where I hail would denounce everything you just said and try and help you.

Jesus's teaching can be summarized pretty easily

Treat others the way you want to be treated.
You are not to judge others in any way shape or form.
We are ALL sinners.
Do your best to make the lives of others better.

That's a wrap.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Interesting Roman Catholic Doctrine not believed by Roman Catholics almost kin to an oxymoron.

One reason why we wont convert to Roman Catholicism.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

treating people as you want to be treated wont get you to heaven.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Well not in a bad way, but Catholicism did control Christianity root and stem for like 1,500 years...

It is fair to say it is their baby..

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   

For sure..

But that doesn’t mean he is wrong either.. lol

The Catholic Church 100% decided what was and wasn’t in the Bible, doctrine, and were the ONLY custodian of that material for like 1,500 years..

I think it is fair to call it their baby

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
ohhh its this guy again!

I am RC, it sucks, I can't eat steak on a Friday, I got no sex before marriage (...or did I?)

I'm not RC and I've found there's no sex or not enough after marriage. Maybe I should convert!

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   
The one true church is the body of Christ it is not a building and not an organization.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 03:18 PM
link   

You are not to judge others in any way shape or form. We are ALL sinners.

14 versus from the bible on correcting a brother. I would think this takes some form of judgement.

bible.knowing-jesus.com...

"If your brother sins, go and show him his fault in private; if he listens to you, you have won your brother. "But if he does not listen to you, take one or two more with you, so that BY THE MOUTH OF TWO OR THREE WITNESSES EVERY FACT MAY BE CONFIRMED. "If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church; and if he refuses to listen even to the church, let him be to you as a Gentile and a tax collector.

Romans 16:17 Verse Concepts Now I urge you, brethren, keep your eye on those who cause dissensions and hindrances contrary to the teaching which you learned, and turn away from them.

edit on 24-7-2019 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

2 Thessalonians 3:15 Verse Concepts Yet do not regard him as an enemy, but admonish him as a brother.

edit on 24-7-2019 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

(post by MrPlow removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Its interesting church, once based in faith, actions of exploitations during its history, Creed !!. Roman catholic church´s capitalism turned women into witched because of their wealth or land.

Sainthood could be bought.. money again
I have Saints in my lineage Holy Birgitta which was said to be more mentally ill than a saint, wealthy woman and Patron saint of Europe RIP. Saint Knud IV etc. Can´t really understand praying those saints as its against 2nd and 3rd commandments. Everything was in sale by Roman catholic church.. you could buy a position to your offspring. You could buy excemption of punishment from your sins.. those who had money could get away from anything as long as money comes into Roman catholic church.

World was different then, Roman catholic church was more to gaining wealth than helping those who needed the most, ordinary people, poor people.
Popes were extremely creedy, they had "wives" and children on their own and they made sure that their children got extremely wealthy ( mostly from the church) so they could be married in noble market ( being a bastards .. money was everything ).
During those times reformation happened and it was needed, church did not follow the word of New Testament, quite opposite.

Pope is not my pope and never been, you don´t need Catholic church with its Popes and Saint´s as Jesus said " Who ever beliefs in him will be saved"

edit on 25-7-2019 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Sorry. I don’t need to confess to another human in order to be forgiven. I don’t need to pray to statues to intercede for me. I’m not a cannibal and don’t need to believe I am ingesting the actual body and blood of Christ. The catholic Religion is just that a Religion. You guys are ritualistic, judgmental, and for some reason felt it was prudent to destroy many religious texts and create others. I am a proud Protestant and I will stay right where I’m at.

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: deknubed
I am a Roman-Catholic and if you are not then I am concerned for your soul and would like to encourage you to convert to the One True Church - the Roman Catholic Church.

You do know that there is substantial evidence that the Roman Catholic Church is 'The Harlot' as described in the Bible, right?

This is backed up by the torrent of sex crimes against children that have become common knowledge over the last 20+ years.

So... thanks, but no thanks...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join