It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heil Satan, ...what is going on here?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Just now I watched the docu about the rise of the satanic temple. They claim to have grown from a few members to 50.000 in three years nation wide....or around the world, I am not sure. Mind you, this is not the same organisation as the satanic church which was started by anton lavey.

People can worship whatever they like if it is up to me but after watching this docu I wonder if they are really worshipping or just trying to get attention for their own personal failure in life or apaty against what is expected of them in an overall christian society.

I say this because all I see is people who dress like wannabee evil people but are not really willing to distroy everything that is dear to God.. Not serious like the kind of level of the likes like members of skull and bones. I mean, if you watch that docu Hail satan you wonder if these people are really aware who satan is. All I see is a bunch of lonely and misunderstood people who have found eachother and associate their personal depression as something that belongs to satan.

Beside the shock of having a statue of baphomet in their faces I think these christians who object do not have to fear much of this satanist crowd. These people should direct their fear amnd attention towards the real satanist hiding in government and in christian churches.

Am I missing something? What do you guys make of this...

A short version..

edit on 24/7/2019 by zatara because: spelling

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: zatara

As long as they are remain lawful, they are free to believe anything. I don't think Satan will be pleased with lawful seeking attention followers tho.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 04:43 AM
link   

I could not agree more with what you are saying about the so-called Church of Satan members - talk about a bunch of pathetic losers. Even their lawyers dress like jackasses - black shirt, red tie. Kinds of people that were putting on makeup and dressing like freaks trying to scare old ladies as teenagers. Members of 'satanic temple' the same are they?

These goofballs don't even believe in Satan. As someone that actually does believe in Satan - so-called Church of Satan people really get on my nerves. I want to start a movement of people that do believe in and worship Satan. Our mission would be to support the AntiChrist.

edit on 24-7-2019 by deknubed because: Typo

edit on 24-7-2019 by deknubed because: Typo

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: deknubed

It's more like Halloween than a serious religion for them. Also, I think a form of rebellion against an established societal norm.

May I ask what about Satan appeals to you? I have encountered many interpretations of Satan from mans natural expression, to being the true benevolent God, to people who for some sick and naive reason wish to worship evil.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 05:01 AM
link   
They are doing it because they believe it annoys Christians. That's why they're taking a visual image created by the church of the Middle Ages as their model.
If there wre no Christians, they would not bother.

edit on 24-7-2019 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: deknubed

I could not agree more with what you are saying about the so-called Church of Satan members - talk about a bunch of pathetic losers. Even their lawyers dress like jackasses - black shirt, red tie. Kinds of people that were putting on makeup and dressing like freaks trying to scare old ladies as teenagers. Members of 'satanic temple' the same are they?

These goofballs don't even believe in Satan. As someone that actually does believe in Satan - so-called Church of Satan people really get on my nerves. I want to start a movement of people that do believe in and worship Satan. Our mission would be to support the AntiChrist.

I do not know much of the church of satan...the one started by anton levay but from what i understand these are a lot more serious worshiping satan than these temple of satan followers. Maybe because some big hollywood names joined them. And when hollywood is involved in this sort of stuff you should pay attention is my believe.

edit on 24/7/2019 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I made a thread on the church of Satan a few years ago

I think I’m a satanist

Doesn’t seem like a bad philosophy to me, the name is a bummer but what they say in the vid I linked resonated strongly with me.

It’s the opposite of Christianity in that it doesn’t preach unconditional altruism, it’s about helping those who are able to help you and looking after your own family/tribe first.

I don’t believe in the god of the bible, being honest he seems like a real prick, if you actually read the bible objectively it comes across like Satan’s the good guy.
If I was religious I would be a satanist

Edit: the people in the vid look like absolute freaks and I wouldn’t be seen dead congregating with them let alone join any organisation they were a part of
edit on 24/7/2019 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

The members of a christian church...even just a good christian do not mind helping and be there without conditions for their "brothers and sisters" and complete strangers when they are in need of help. So this should not be an argument why the church of satan is such a wonderful institution.

And people should not underestimate the "kindness" of satan. We all have heared that accepting his help to become succesful or whatever your wish is will not be without conditions. At best he wants your price possession in return of the favour...your soul. This is serious stuff...if you are a believer.

God says you should not practise occult stuff like magic and such... Just the fact that He mention this must be enough for you to understand that these practises work. Unless it is your desire and craving there is nothing romantic about really and seriously worshipping satan because in the end he wants to hurt God where it will hurt most. Distroying innocent life, nature, the love and peace among people.. Do not forget child sacrifice, sex magic with children is real... Remember that when you join the church of satan...or any organisation with him watching over it.

edit on 24/7/2019 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 06:09 AM
link   
It's not about worship of evil incarnate, but a rejection of monotheistic dogma and the rigid philosophies therein. It should really be the church of Lucifer because that's what they represent, the bringer of light who defied divine doctrine in much the same way Prometheus did in the old legends. Mortal empowerment, earthly enlightenment and human exaltation by virtue of our works and our ethics. Not being evil, just giving credit where credit is due and not accepting limitations just because we are told to.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

You are right, these people do not worship evil incarnate but reject a monotheistic dogma and the philosophies therein....not accepting limitations they are told to. Still no reason to pick satanism or luciferism as the only religion which is covering all these convictions. Taking in consideration of what there is more to lucifer or satan stands for you would be a decent and smart person to thank him for this service to humanity and walk away. I am convinced that there are other more benign beliefs which will cover what is in your heart and be a better choice...if it is important to you being able to express and share your convictions through religion....that is.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 07:03 AM
link   
These people believe in Satan about as much I do. In other words, they don't. Satan to them is an ideology, not a person. Satanism is a rejection of Christianity and it's present relationship with state and federal government.

You could say, just like Paul, modern Christians have had a messenger of Satan sent to buffet them. A thorn in their flesh figuratively speaking (2Corinthians chapter 12), so they don't take themselves too seriously.

edit on 7/24/2019 by Klassified because: 12 not 2

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 07:09 AM
link   

These people should direct their fear and attention towards the real satanist hiding in government and in christian churches.

Am I missing something?

Since the cabal is failing, they want to convince everyone that "It is just another choice." Nothing to fear here.

Now though, which of these are a simple cover for the real satanists. All or most with a few copy cats?

Out in plain sight just to gauge the public response.

Wakey wakey!

P

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   
It literally a religion that meant to troll the crap out of Christians or even Muslims. Why Baphomet is the mascot in the first place, no clue.

I dont hear the Jews complaining about it, or care to even bat an eye to it.
edit on 24-7-2019 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   
It always needs two to fight!

Any antithesis loses it's justification without the thesis.

So no Satan without Christianity?

They both work for the same deceiver, anyways. So i guess it's fine?

Or isn't it?

Listen to yourself, find out what polar aspect of reality you don't understand and try to find a center. Then balance, then move the polarities to find harmony!
Strong uncontrollable emotions(good or bad) are indicators of unharmonious triangles!
Let's first focus on the bad ones, and for now keep the ones that feel good.
Often the good feelings are compensating for other unharmonious parts so they will eventually go away as well.

No need to worry! the beauty of this process is all emotions will start to feel just right!
No more pain! just the right amount of energy to feel the situation passing through!
Overtime you will learn how to control and absorb someones emotional energy, in order to soothe his pain or share his joy, or other less altruistic things(not my cup).

Sincerely No Clue

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Specimen88

Think about religions as a Economy, in the spiritual realms. It's all about energy (consciously guided attention).
Thats what they want from you!
In return you get some nice techniques, to liberate this energy. Praying, meditation, and so on.

What is all the mumbo-jumbo good for then? All the dramas, all the morals and dogmas, and the numbers?
It forms your tought patterns and they influence your energy patterns and this pattern is what makes the difference. Between feeding the beast's or feeding infinity!

The morals and dogmas are there to keep you out of the gates. They make you afraid and unsecure, spiritually weak! Afterall they didn't give you the tools so you would become free but for them to remain God's!

Sincerely No Clue

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
It’s the opposite of Christianity in that it doesn’t preach unconditional altruism

Every Christian I've ever met has never been altruistic. Most have been extremely against any aspect of social justice.

Wouldn't it be funny if the Satanist who are preaching selfishness and bully worship turn out to be the ones who exhibit the most altruism and egalitarian values! Everyone is a sinner against their chosen creed!

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoClue
The morals and dogmas are there to keep you out of the gates. They make you afraid and unsecure, spiritually weak! Afterall they didn't give you the tools so you would become free but for them to remain God's!

You make good point. I've always felt unless you omnipotent powers to have control over your possible list of choices then are you not truly responsible what you choose when the only choices you can make force you down the path of consequences resulting in sin and immorality.

edit on 24-7-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: NoClue

WHAT YOU think then about set from egypt, angel sammael, enki from sumeria, shaitan from babylonia ?

i mean you took time to write wall of text referin satan as christian archtype ?

i dont satan having anything against teaching of jesus ..

satanism is no counteract to christianity or jesuits, its more like earthly religion, compared to highbeing worshiping christians etc

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   

I wouldn't know what implications this world an a world just outside our own would bring, even though I have had thoughts about somethings in what you posted in the above before.

You mean nature, the economy more or less so based of nature( well imo anyways), and the scientific concept of the law of conservation being it source of inspiration.

Mans sad attempts at controlling nature, others an himself maybe, or is it all just a figure of speech thats relative or applied to reality, which is why some of them are still around, an believed today.

True, religions did or still have influence on how we think or percieve the world, whether they follow it or reject it.
Religions in the grand scheme of things might as well be civilizations basis for organizing things, even though they tend to have bloodied foundations.

Yet, we continue to strive forward, all though who knows where, remembering the mistakes of the past.

edit on 24-7-2019 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen88

remembering the mistakes of the past.

The faster you recognize past failures and transmute them into future solutions the faster you will get, ready for take off?

Sincerely No Clue

top topics

<<   2 >>

join