It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paradise or heaven - Where do we go when we die.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Did Jesus speak of heaven? Yes he did and he made many references to heaven, where his father lives and rules from. Where angels live. Heaven was made for God's throne and his messengers (the angels) and not for humans. Earth was made for mankind.

The bible mentions heaven numerous times, starting with the book of Genesis through to the book of Revelation. Other religions speak of heaven.

Then when Jesus was hanging on the cross, one of the thieves hanging on the cross near him said:

Luke 23:43 “Jesus, remember me when You come into Your kingdom!” And Jesus said to him, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with Me in Paradise.”

MEANING: The thief will go to paradise with Christ due to his last minute change of faith and accepting Jesus as the Christ.

So why didn't Jesus say heaven? Why did he say the word paradise? Other religions also use the word paradise instead oh heaven why?

It is because paradise is not heaven. Paradise is where people go who will receive a resurrection and hell is where people go who do not get a resurrection. Paradise will look very similar to earth and you will not find all of your friends and family there in paradise.

There will be a few "elect" who get to live in heaven who will not see a resurrection but will live with God even after Jesus returns to earth, those select few will remain with the father.

Not only Christianity but other religions believe in a resurrection. It would be cruel for God to allow his children into heaven and then take them away and let them be resurrected back on earth. That would be separation from God (the father) and makes no sense. The pain of separation would be torture to the devout.

So going to heaven does not make sense but paradise does. This is also where Christ was for three days.... in paradise and not heaven.

Have a great day,

God bless you all.

edit on 24-7-2019 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I believe in the path of return to Union with the divine.

I believe most humans on the earth today will return here in the next lifetime until such time as they progress from this human incarnation to the next stage of spiritual evolution.

Earth and being a human is but the first stage on the path to reunion with the divine.the culmination of which being what is referred to as heaven.

All my personal opinion of course.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer
Also the word "heaven" is ambiguous, because it means "the sky", fundamentally, and "the place where God lives" only by extension. It's always necessary to double-check and see which heaven is being talked about.

edit on 24-7-2019 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

You are correct however in Genesis and other books (book of Revelation) it is also a specific place where God and the angels reside.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 02:57 AM
link   
We disappear. You can't BE dead because there isn't a you to BE anything. YOU cease to exist when you die. There is only an "after you die" for people who are still alive to be here.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 03:19 AM
link   
In a coffin... in an urn... or wherever your beliefs/relatives/whatever... wish for you to be laid down or spread...

As for the deeper stuff... Universal energy will take care of all of that (That’s the way I see things...)

Enjoy each passing second of your life.

Lags

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Expert opinion

First the dead went to Abraham's bussom

Which was down by He'll but separated...they could see each other

Then that place went to yeah next dispensationwas Paradise

No one now will see the current Heaven capt the wedding feast people...Angel said blessed are that bunch

Then a new Heaven comes down finally

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I hate to disappoint those who hope there is something more after you expire but I am afraid you won't be going anywhere. It is the end of you full stop. But never mind you are in no way being victimised. Just the way it is!

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

That is a pagan belief

We have a spirit within our body.

Death is the body, the spirit lives on.

You will be shocked once you die. Which I hope is when you are old.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 04:03 AM
link   

The old dies and new one born. Such is the way of life. Can the old one exist after death?

I don't think it is common, although there are few cases where children still remember their past life.

Just imagine no one dies. Then it will be near infinite souls lurking around aimlessly trying to find their sole purpose of existence. It will be such a waste.

So why not just recycled those dead into newborn life fresh from start? Would it be more convenient for a forgiving loving Lord God?

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 04:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

That is a pagan belief

It may well be, but which one?

Pagan is an umbrella term that covers many beliefs and cultures- it may be true in some, but not others.

ie; followers of Asatru believe those who die in battle exist eternally in Valhalla with eh Gods which indicates a non-mortal afterlife.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 05:05 AM
link   

That is a pagan belief

Whatever that is. I just call it reality. Which is apparently hard to swallow for most.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 06:48 AM
link   

NO...it's YOUR version of reality. Am I suppose to believe a flat earthers view on the Universe, just because he says his "reality" is the truth? GTFO

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 07:31 AM
link   

All I can say from experience in the death of a relative in 2011 is that we live on as pure energy. That energy back in the day of Jesus may have been referred to as the Soul.

That's another experience as I have described above. I had a major stroke from sports concussions in 2009. I had no idea that I was dying or even having a stroke but all I knew is that something was terribly wrong and that I was being pulled down to the floor with such great force as if my body was trying to be pulled into the center of the earth. If you ever met me you would never guess I had a Major stroke. Yes, I have physical issues. I also had a talk with the "man" and I asked him why, why me and said to him that if he "is coming for me over all of the other white collar criminals in my neighborhood then you can go fook yourself, so come back for me in 30 to 40 years"

Well after 11 days in the ICU and 32 total days in three hospitals as I initially couldn't walk and was blind, I am here today and just a hair more religious than I was in 2009. I was also told by several treating Doctors among all three hospitals that I should have died. I obviously didn't. I am also not a meek kind of guy that will drop to my knees and beg for forgiveness. I still don't attend church but do try to follow the 10 Commandants. I never saw any Tunnel, White Light or anything just the tremendous force of gravity trying to pull me into the earth. Was that my Hell experience?
edit on 24-7-2019 by Waterglass because: added

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 07:33 AM
link   

That is a pagan belief

NOT a pagan belief, considering most "pagan" religions believe in some form of after-life. Ceasing to exist would be more of a humanist/secular idea. The truth is likely somewhere between the two. I think we're all going to be shocked when we "die". And I certainly hope it is when you are old and have lived a full life.
edit on 7/24/2019 by Klassified because: Re-word for better grammar and reading

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Where do we go when we die????? Nowhere is the answer, we just keep recycling back through our very slow evolutionary being bodies till - who knows when?

Heaven eventually i think we go, but i believe very few are there yet.

Plenty are waiting in hope of entry but let's be realistic here - noones getting into heaven past or present - yep that's noone so noone should kid themselves.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass
I never saw any Tunnel, White Light or anything just the tremendous force of gravity trying to pull me into the earth. Was that my Hell experience?

Nope. It was common experience with OOBE. You just experience your soul moving away from your body. If you die, you will remain as ghost lingering around before loosing your consciousness.

But not to worry about it. You are safe now.

And I keep telling everyone soul is just kind of energy to keep our brainwave alive. Without the living brain, there is no you.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny

NO...it's YOUR version of reality.

I am comfortable in stating that my version of reality is the best one to have faith in. I believe this is (by far) the most likely explanation for the fact that when someone falls over dead, they're just plain friggin dead. Done. Over. Nothing else.

Am I suppose to believe a flat earthers view on the Universe

You can prove the earth isn't flat using any one of a number of foolproof methods. My favorite one is a telescope with an equatorial mount.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   

According to you and others here at ATS say when we die it is over. Saying this clearly shows you and others rejects the case for a resurrection and refusal to believe and accept Christ rising from the dead. Based on your statements and others you reject Christ. The spirit of the antichrist is within you and those who support your conclusion.

Good luck

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I find it hilarious that people will accept Jesus words about Heaven but not his words about Hell.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join