It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DoJ Launches Anti-Trust Investigation Into Google, Facebook, Twitter, and Amazon

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

No it really doesnt work that way. You see back when news print was the main source of media that was it. Unless you were rich and had several papers delivered to you, it was easy for the media to spin a story.

Now days I can view dozens of sources at once and even foreign ones with the right VPN to make a clear picture of what is going on.

30 years ago could I read the local news of say a town in england? Nope. I can now.

I don't think you quite grasp the vastness of the internet or how powerful of a tool it is for the everyday person.
edit on 25-7-2019 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Redundant
edit on 7/25/2019 by Alien Abduct because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: Dfairlite

Then they would be controlled by government. Which is in far more greater dangerous territory.
Free market, and free enterprise gove better results compared to government control.

Does the government control AT&T, Chevron or any energy supplier?

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Chevron was standard oil. And at & t isnt even on the same level as controlling the internet, or places where companys land on the internet. Google is far more of a greater force for free speech compared to any other form of government or company to exist in human history.

The town hall used to be a open door meeting for those who lived in the immediate area. Bow someone from japan can voice an opinion on American politics because of the internet and companys like google within seconds.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   
The DoJ should bring them all down, greedy b@$t@rds.

Google - You have to pay to get a high listing in their search engine. I use DuckDuckGo.
Facebook - An information broker - anyone that has an account with them is an imbecile.
Twitter - Don't know much about it and don't use it.
Amazon - Driving retailers out of business while taking over 70% of retail sales - Bezos doesn't care as long as those billions keep rolling in.
Apple - Doesn't pay US taxes. It acquired startup capital by fabricating and selling a long distance phone dialer that bypassed AT&Ts billing system - I think their phones are crap and don't use them.

Exploitation at its finest.
edit on 25-7-2019 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: eManym

You do know Amazon is like a giant flee market right? It allows for smaller places to sell their products online. Whereas companys like walmart snuff out small business' completely.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

They don’t operate as a company. They operate as a public forum ( Town square ) which gives them immunity. You don’t understand the first amendment or Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act .

Are you calling me a liar on the way things were in the 70s, 80s and 90s ?

Liberals always want to change the constitution.

But not all of it just the parts they don’t like .

This ain’t Canada .

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Amazon charges a monthly fee and charges a fee for every item sold. It is somewhat like a flea market for small sellers but it cost more. It is driving big retailers out of business, such as, Sears, Kohls, Target, Gap to name a few. I won't be long before it takes over the grocery market.

Walmart is taking a hit also. It will take awhile to bring that one down.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 08:15 PM
link   

a reply to: Ironclad1964

He got fined for selling information to advertising companies... it had nothing to do with siding with left leaning extremists.

Ummm, yeah.. That's exactly what I said in the first post.

This time it's going to be around the internet censoring and bias towards conservatism.

What point are you trying to make here?

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Read the article I linked up further. You're making things up to smear left leaning ideaolgies.

Also the internet is a free market. Dont like it, don't use it. Simple as. Sorry google reports less conservative traffic, not their problem, not mine sure looks lie it is to you tho. Get off your high horse. Conservatism isnt the end all be all.

Google doesnt step on free speech, and is operating within free enterprise and well, well within section 230 to the point they fight for it, not demolish it. Republicans want to change it. Just saying. But hey, keep up with your counter productive rhetoric.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Ironclad1964

Facebook never has and wont ever
Its against their interest to do so. Again, and again it's the users and people who create the bias on the internet, not the suppliers of the infrastructure.

They are already under the watch dogs and know th rules, why would they compromise over such petty differences of political bias?

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 09:01 PM
link   

This is going nowhere and it’s getting boring .

So you win, people who say things you don’t agree with shouldn’t be allowed to speak.

Censorship should be the norm for social media sites .

By your standard Google should be charged with a crime because we can still find KKK and Alex Jones on it .

Repeal the first amendment !!!! 🤦‍♂️

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 09:10 PM
link   

What? You do know the kkk has a website and it can be googled, and Alex Jones can make his own domain provide his own revenue, etc to be found on google, just like the kkk. That's how it works. It's not a conspiracy.

Or if you really want to blame google then attack their YouTube department who dont want the kkk and alex Jones clogging up their cat videos with garbage and creating toxic environments.

No one is snuffing out free speech, people speaking put against toxic groups and people are tho. Because hate ends when people speak up, not when laws and government say so.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Did I said you’re right.

The first amendment should apply everywhere but Facebook .

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Their house, their rules. You cant go into a ford assembly plant and start yelling racists remarks to black people working there. It's no different. But its funny because google does allow it to a certain extent. Within limits.

Maybe we can put it in illegal immigration terms, not a citizen, not invited get out, right? Free speech has limits within private property and enterprise.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Better watch out. I see Trump doing great things, but they all realize (watching us deal with Democrats) that we are all a lot smarter than they thought we were. Which means, for the Government to fool us now...they have to raise the bar.

Although Big Tech is abusing their power and targeting Conservatives, make no mistake about it, the overhaul of all of these companies is a first real step of taking over the Internet and putting it in Government control.

Recent examples and possibilities:

Storm Area 51 - If numbskulls start showing up there, especially by the thousands or the projected millions, there may or may not be violence by the Government, but what it will do is give the Government a reason for confiscating the Internet. They will claim that we as a people are not responsible enough, and maybe even dangerous and that we're using the internet to coordinate strikes against America's most secure Military facilities.

Big Tech Anti-Trust: It will be proven in court that Corporations need to be controlled by the Government, because the people that they hire target others of opposing beliefs, censor them and try to force the outcome of Presidential elections. It will give the Government the reason needed to confiscate the Internet.

They have always wanted control over the internet much like China has, but never had the reasons. I feel like they may be orchestrating the reasons now. I personally think that Trump (although doing great things right now) may turn on us in his 2nd term...and he will be President his 2nd term, it's already written. He may be working with the other side actually to get us to vote for our own doom.

Don't you think that they have been watching us and how we respond to Dems and Repubs? They knew we were tired of both sides after several generations...Hell, everyone was screaming that they don't want Democrats or Republican's in office, and then out of nowhere Obama the savior came and disappointed everyone. So much faith in him and he did nothing but what all the rest had done. He screwed us, he screwed our nation and he even screwed black people who had the most faith in him...because he looked like them.

The Democrats have never tried harder than RIGHT NOW to look as horrible as they possibly can...which makes Trump look so much better. Just like Obama suckered everyone who thought he was...what was the term? Oh yeah, "The 2nd coming". You see, Bush was before Obama and they used Bush to make Obama essentially look like a god by comparison, insomuch that Obama was given a Nobel Peace Prize, not for what he did, but what they were sure he 'would do'. He did nothing and they regretted giving it to him. Now we have Trump looking like a god in comparison to both the Dem's and the Repub's.

So the public was REALLY tired of both sides...and then Trump enters.

Trump was neither Democrat nor Republican, but a rogue savior who ostensibly was repulsed by the criminal doings of the Democrats AND the Republican's. He also dabbled in conspiracy theories, because conspiracy theorists are usually right anyway, so (someone) gave us all exactly what we wanted. A savoir who really hears the people and will go after all the criminals and essentially "Drain The Swamp"

This all sounds good until you realize what's actually happening. The Government is gaining more and more power and using those we hate the most to gain our favor and trust. We are literally voting for, and supporting our own imprisonment and removal of our freedoms possibly, because of our hate for one political side or another, all while blindly letting Trump do what he wants, in the name of making politicians pay. After Trump is finished draining the swap, the laws will be so much more punitive not just to politician;s, but to all of us in the long run. Yes, we definitely need someone to clean up the mess the Liberals are doing and have done, but we also need to keep freedoms such as a free and open market and a free internet that is NOT controlled by Government. Id Trump just takes out the trash and holds corporations to task for their censoring, that's great....but he is way too successful, which means that there is a greater power behind him that we don't know about. Who is it? How powerful are they and are they an International Banking family, because if they are...we have all tightened the noose around out own necks because of our own hate and disdain for the opposing parties. In all of history, when the people have gotten what they wanted....they also eventually got what they asked for, if you know what I'm getting at.

I am only theorizing here, and I hope I am wrong, but If the Elites (Rothschild's) wanted to lose their New World Order....they would have kept doing what they have always done. But alas, we were all getting wiser and their tricks were no longer working on us. What better plan than to ....just give us what we want, and we will all take the blame for ushering in the New World Order and letting Trump bring it in, all while supporting him the whole way. Is it not odd that ONE MAN, out smarted the FBI, CIA, NSA, DOJ All Democrats and their Media (which pretty much monopolizes all media)?

I hope Trump is not the Ultimate Con, because I certainly support him more than what we have had to endure, but I feel that we are all falling for the biggest con ever perpetrated on the American people. If the internet is confiscated, we will no longer truly have free speech. Remember, our Government is controlled by corporations, the Federal Reserve and International Bankers. That is a level above the Presidency that we are never told about, and they certainly never discuss it on the news. The wars continue, the debt continues (a real hero) would audit the Federal Reserve and set us back to a silver/gold standard to lose the slavery aspect of our nation, yet the real damaging factors and controlling interests still operate uncontested. We had at least better consider this, and keep an eye on Trump in the 2nd term to see if this plays out like I suspect it will.

Remember, he is wealthy and has walked over many of us to actually get there. He would have had to. You do not become wealthy, unless the elites WANT you to, or have a use for you. Also, out of all the death threats, no one has really tried top hard to make it happen have they. No sniper bullets from the CIA like with Kennedy, nothing at all. Keep in mind..he is wealthy and is still one of them. You are not wealthy, and are not a part of that special club. You are expendable in every way to all of them. Don't trust anyone! No One!

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Yep you win .

What will you have to say if the supreme court rules that Facebook assumed the role of a publisher and must apply the first amendment equally .

Which will cause them to lose their immunity and they can be sued in civil court without immunity .

I suspect your reply is going to be it’s not going to happen.

That’s not what I’m asking .

If you can’t answer my question directly we are done.

I’ve given up talking to evasive people .

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Again, and again it's the users and people who create the bias on the internet, not the suppliers of the infrastructure.

Are you still living in the 90''s?

Google execs are on camera admitting they are actively
taking sides in the political realm.

Come one, your obtuse one liners are done for, get real.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Yea. And so are alot of exec's in all industries. It's not uncommon.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 11:25 PM
link   

That would only happen of the supreme court rules the internet public domain, which is a touchy subject. But right now any company within the internet is a private enterprise.

When the internet itself becomes en entity governed by the us government and becomes public domain then Facebook might become part of the press. But that would ruin Facebook, because it would allow free access of information of all its users. Did you even read the article I posted about the basics of how it all works?

Bottom line is. If you dont like it, dont use it. And if government controls it, you run into problems. I mean I'm not the biggest fan of the guys to be honest, but I think you need to brush up on your Adam Smith and milton Friedman.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join