It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are so many people getting shot on California highways?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

I happen to live in So Calif and I have not seen nor heard any such thing sounds like another loser from the south or midwest hating again,doesn't anyone do any research anymore,makes you look less like an A hole

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 05:23 AM
link   

I happen to live in So Calif and I have not seen nor heard any such thing sounds like another loser from the south or midwest hating again,doesn't anyone do any research anymore,makes you look less like an A hole
a reply to: Oldtimer2

So why are you so disingenuous? You seem to cover up anything negative going on within your state then you try to spin it as its a FAKE story. This issue is being covered and reported all over the place by local media in California; not the NATIONAL media. That was my point.

makes you look less like an A hole

Touche

edit on 24-7-2019 by Waterglass because: added

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Well think back when you were in High School. This old "white cracker" old goat from the burbs could buy at any time any type of drugs and for $300 a military grade machine gun with 500 rounds.

I once knew a guy 30 years ago who was discharged from the Marines. Via his contacts he claimed he could get anything. Including a one round fire and throw away Bazooka.

Back then phoning in a bomb scare was the cool thing.

Now these mass crazies who have access to anything in the world including missiles have morphed into role playing Rambo busting into Airports, Churches, Grade Schools, High Schools, Neighborhoods, Mosques, Movie theaters, Places of Work and now the Highways.

Seems to me that the Criminals among us now have the upper hand and that's why several among our USA Congress reach out for criminals for support and they trash the Police or Federal Agents.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

My question is why so many are focused on crimes in California

Simply because of any old saying by the MSM "

Golden Rules; As California Goes, So Goes the Country
"

You also need to read up so here's an excellent article:

NY Times

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

Ah another "Company" man back from 2006. Me too!

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass

"

NY Times

That is actually about a recall of an individual in 2013 not the state. People need a place to put anger and that is why science and governments never tell the public the truth, we are like children.

There is reason to doubt the extent of California's power as a trendsetter. Proposition 13, which capped property taxes in 1978, helped inspire similar tax-cutting measures in more than 40 states, but few so radical.

Proposition 209, which banned the use of racial preferences in college admissions, state employment and contracting in 1996, tapped into widespread anti-affirmative action sentiment but hardly inspired a nationwide movement.

But in many ways, California looks like the country, if in the extreme. By its sheer size, California carries special weight. ''If the Pilgrims had landed in Santa Monica Bay, there'd be something like 13 states in California,'' Dr. Starr said.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Well think back when you were in High School. This old "white cracker" old goat from the burbs could buy at any time any type of drugs and for $300 a military grade machine gun with 500 rounds.

I once knew a guy 30 years ago who was discharged from the Marines. Via his contacts he claimed he could get anything. Including a one round fire and throw away Bazooka.

Back then phoning in a bomb scare was the cool thing.

Now these mass crazies who have access to anything in the world including missiles have morphed into role playing Rambo busting into Airports, Churches, Grade Schools, High Schools, Neighborhoods, Mosques, Movie theaters, Places of Work and now the Highways.

Seems to me that the Criminals among us now have the upper hand and that's why several among our USA Congress reach out for criminals for support and they trash the Police or Federal Agents.

I only knew two people who had machine guns, I got to shoot one once and was not impressed, the only bullet that hit what I was shooting at was the first one in the burst. The one guy got fired from his job and lost his gun to the cops, the cops were Feds, he was a city cop. Around our neck of the woods, as soon as an automatic weapon was fired, the cops knew about it.

You could go to the cities and find lots of stuff like that according to what I have heard, I knew a couple of guys who sold black market guns a long time ago, I could get one legally and legal ones were actually cheaper. But both of these guys mentioned that they supply guns to those who can't get guns, untraceable guns. I was not into owning illegal guns, you do not know who was shot with a gun like that or if they were stolen from a factory or store. That was long ago, both of those guys have been dead for twenty years now, one shot and one filleted like a fish. Back when I was young, dynamite was not that hard to get, all you had to do is say you needed to blow a stump or break a big rock on the farm.

Very seldom was there a bomb threat, and in a small town where everyone knows everyone, every kid got caught who tried that.
edit on 24-7-2019 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Well I never bought one but I did see the Bazooka along with one live round. I assumed it was live based on its weight as it did have its NSN number on it and the box. I checked both numbers on the feds bid book and Commerce Business Daily and they were verified. Although it could have been a fake but the guy I knew was a career sniper in the Marines. Enough said for me. I never called in any bomb threats but was arrested by State Troopers back in day as we were messing around with a Wham O sling shot. I grew up in rural America as the farm fields across the street from our home would routinely have pig, horse and cow sheet spread annually when it was nice an sunny out in the Spring. Pig is the worst. So I guess one can say I am a man of culture? Anyway I took a fricking shot at a car carrier loaded with new cars while my buddy was telling me when to fire it on the opposite side of an Interstate highway and this car carrier is tooling along at 70+ MPH. That's quite the distance of over 100+ yards. The ball bearing took out the Drivers side window! That's not what I was aiming for and the trucker stopped that fully loaded rig in less than 100 yards. So "We go caught". I got off and have no record due to age so did the other guy. Even the State Trooper could not believe that [1] that a Wham O sling shot could shoot that far and maintain that power and [2] the accuracy and chance of nailing the Drivers side window. The Trooper said that he was impressed and was going to buy one for himself. So that's my story and I am sticking to it. Not ever in trouble again since that day.
edit on 24-7-2019 by Waterglass because: typo

edit on 24-7-2019 by Waterglass because: typo

edit on 24-7-2019 by Waterglass because: Wham O

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   

"

NY Times

War is business. If you can't have war in other countries. California as an option. Ah, the simple time when we used to have cops walking in the streets actually protecting neighbor hoods through sherlock holmes investigations. Those days are gone when majority of the houses are own by gun fanatics whom could be part of gang and old grumpy people holding guns yelling get off my property!
edit on 24-7-2019 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: makemap

So who owns the Democrat leaders in California? Drug Cartels, China or Russia?

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   

a reply to: makemap

So who owns the Democrat leaders in California? Drug Cartels, China or Russia?

Both party are the same until Bernie and Trump got in. Remember when it was called Democratic Republican? There are no third party. Will never be a third party. Third parties all have been crushed.

Democrat Republican

They can switch between parties anytime.

You are either Democrat or Republican

edit on 26-7-2019 by makemap because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-7-2019 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Same here in Illinois. Particularly Chicago.. (As of 11.18.2021)

Shootings on Chicago-area expressways have more than doubled over the last year. There have been 213 reports of shootings or shots fired so far in 2021, according to state police. In the same period in 2020, there were 101 reports of gunfire.
Source: www.nbcchicago.com...

What's of great concern is that many of these shootings appear to be gang initiation related. To earn a stripe, the thug must shoot someone driving on one of Chicago's expressways/freeways/highways.

The shootings are no longer confined to "the hood". Many are visiting business people, tourists, commuters, and residents who are merely going from one place to another, inside the city of Chicago.

For this reason, a lot of resources are being dedicated to stopping these random highway shootings.

🤞(fingers crossed)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join