It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Dynasty ruled in earnest for the longest period of time??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny
a reply to: pexx421

But didn’t his grandson lose the empire??

That seems to be the trend to me..

A super stud starts the dynasty.. maybe his kid is a bad @$$ too, but offer he is worthless..

Once you get to his kids VERY few grandkids didn’t lose the throne.. and out of those that didn’t, most were puppets.
Which empire? They were the moguls, the emperors, the tzars, the lamas. He pretty much consolidated the huge city states that existed into the empires of Russia, China, India, etc and some of those went on under his lineage for quite some time. I believe, more than any other single figure, more people today have genghis somewhere back in their lineage.

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Fair enough, but I’m not sure one could come back from being a complete puppet like the Han dynasty of the 3 kingdoms period..

A weak leader doesn’t inherently secede the authority behind his throne.

If he had I am not sure the more competent leaders would be allowed to reclaim authority over the realm..

For example, you might have a weak leader, but the dynasty’s power base is maintained by other family members, exc.. so if his kid is competent, he willl still get his shot..

But when the emperor is taken hostage as a puppet by one of his own warlords... , I’m not sure you ever give him or his line enough of a leash to turn on you..

And it seems most lines end within a few generations of being held hostage..

I find the power dynamic fascinating..

posted on Jul, 24 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   

I thought the empire fractured after the death of the grandson..

Also if the empire fractures, and a decent ends up holding onto a piece, I think that’s a new dynasty..

Plus a lot of these things are tracking the crown, not the bloodline..

If they dynasty survives through a cousin, that defeats the purpose of my OP. In tracking the decline from father to son, grandson, exc..
edit on 24-7-2019 by JustJohnny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 06:42 AM
link   

a reply to: uncommitted

If you are familiar with the 3 kingdoms period, the Han emperors were puppets..

But it wasn’t only Chinese history.. if I’m right Charlemagne’s grandkids were puppets.

Not saying I agree or disagree, but is this based on your assumption? If you think they were puppets, then fine, but I'd be interested what it is you base this on.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Probably some remote Amazon forest people or Aboriginal clan that hasn't been interrupted by modern society.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

The fact they were held hostage at the whims of the various warlords who held them captive... lol

Hell dude that is literally like the central plot of the 3 kingdoms period..

Yellow turbin rebellion, dong zou takes the capital, kills the emporer, and puts his weak brother on the throne..

Then warlords rise up to “stop” him, and others just do the same.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Maybe, but I’m not sure that would count..

In a small group like that it would be harder to turn one into a puppet.. but when concerning a large kingdom, you can have more and larger factions form..

posted on Sep, 12 2022 @ 10:58 PM
link   

I thought the empire fractured after the death of the grandson..

Also if the empire fractures, and a decent ends up holding onto a piece, I think that’s a new dynasty..

Plus a lot of these things are tracking the crown, not the bloodline..

If they dynasty survives through a cousin, that defeats the purpose of my OP. In tracking the decline from father to son, grandson, exc..

The Yuan Dynasty lasted almost a century, being founded by Kublai Khan 41 years after his well-known grandfather Genghis Khan died in 1227 after being thrown off his horse.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join