It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guidance to those of Christian faith on ATS

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck
I'm just extending the basic metaphor. If you take a patch of land in the wilderness and try to turn it into a crop field, what might need to be done first?
What obstacles might need to be cleared from a person's mind before he's even ready to listen to the gospel?

What remains when every thought is removed?
What is there really?

What are you with no time based stories?

Instead of reading or hearing gospels..... simply notice that seeing and hearing is happening all by itself.

The knowing presence is the invisible God and Christ is the visible.

There is only presence.... this is it.... no one will ever find the presence which is God......as it is all that is.

No man shall see the face of God and live because separation is an illusion..... there is nothing separate ever.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Rapture is the end of time... but time does not end in the future.
The end of time event is always now... it is the recognition that there is no time.

Ever present and aware of what is present.

Time is a concept that can only arise presently.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

I think people idol worship the gospel and Jesus. People are fans of religion. People are not spiritual. It's okay. Everyone needs a hobby.

What I find amazing about the gospel is some research has suggested the gospel is war time occupation propaganda created by the Romans. Now before you dismiss this out of hand consider the Jewish people. The Jewish people are the most ruthless and belligerent on the planet. What are the chances these three verses came from the most belligerent people on the planet:

Matt.5 Verses 38 to 48
[38] Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: [39] But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

No. 10: “Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to the good and gentle but also to the cruel.” (1 Peter 2:18)

Matthew 22:21 Jesus said "Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's; and to God the things that are God's." Romans 13:1 "Let every person be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God and those which exist are established by God."

In my mind, it is not very likely the most belligerent people on the planet are suddenly going to turn the other cheek, submit to their masters, and give to Caesar what is Caesar's. Not possible.

Here's a video on the subject of the gospel is war-time occupational propaganda:

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
Rapture is the end of time... but time does not end in the future.
The end of time event is always now... it is the recognition that there is no time.

Ever present and aware of what is present.

Time is a concept that can only arise presently.

I once had an argument with a born again Christian on the nature of God. I really got this guy upset and he started talking about eternal damnation and where my soul was going to go when I die. I said, "How bad can it be? It can't be worse than living in New Jersey." He did not crack a smile. I had to work with this guy so I tried to smooth things over by talking about the metaphysics of Hell. I told him the suffering Hell cannot be repetitive because you would get use to it. I said the suffering in Hell had to be like an irrational number, that is, never ending and never repeating otherwise you would get used to it. With a glean in his eye and the smile on his face like an angry wolf about to devour fresh meat he said, "Yeah, that's it." He was actually very please with the idea I would suffer for all eternity in the worse possible way imaginable. At the time, I genuinely felt sorry for him for having so much hate for his fellow man.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Thanks for the reply.

What is Hell?
Is it the belief in separation? Looking and seeking for some thing to take away the pain.... to end the dis-ease.
edit on 23-7-2019 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   

I think people idol worship the gospel and Jesus.

Here is a secret:

I idolize Jesus (Yeshua) Yes I do and I am proud to say it. He is my master and I his servant for eternity. I idolize God the father, his son, and God's spirit aka Holy Spirit. I worship them, I idolize them, I pray and sing to them. I have a cross in very room. Of course doing this opens a person up for more demonic/evil attacks so you will stop praying and worshipping God and his son. The attacks can be spiritual or physical which includes hardships on you and the family and can go on for days, weeks even months but eventually they leave you and your family alone.

Do you know how a demonic being can tell who is on who's side? They can see the light inside the person and those enlightened are enemies of the dark side. The same with prayer - its light being sent towards the heavens and the dark side can see this light and track you. The dark side does not attack those who are already on their side, they attack the enemy, God's people.

I sleep in peace every night (like a baby), never have nightmares and I wake up refreshed and ready for the day ahead.

I pray to my God, to his son, and God's Holy Spirit everyday (numerous times when possible) and every night and on rare occasions he or someone else communicates to me in lucid dreams, sends thoughts (external) or visions. This took years not weeks to master. Why did the prophets not live in towns or mingle with the town folk?

King Enoch (correct he was a king) lived in a cave for a reason or John The Baptist who lived in the desert. The same for many prophets, why? Solitude. Be at peace.... be quiet ... keep the TV and radio off. Slow down. You must find plenty of alone time so you can communicate (pray).... master this and worship God and you too will hear him. That is the recipe to finding and hearing God.

Worshipping and praying to God, his son, and God's Holy Spirit is the secret to a happy and peaceful life.

I hope you master this and I know you have not. How do I know? By the way you talk and your ideas. You have to really want it and work at it. You will find it very time consuming.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Beautifully said DeathSlayer.

Jesus is my purpose for living, I idolize him and God and Holy Spirit. The Bible is God's word, his guide book, his essence to us and it is full of wisdom and life.

God is the great "I Am" and I am completely his always and forever.

I talk to him all the time and he answers me in various ways. He is amazing. He is worthy to be worshipped and he is my best friend. I trust him completely.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

I think people idol worship the gospel and Jesus. People are fans of religion. People are not spiritual. It's okay. Everyone needs a hobby.

Hi dfnj2015, I tend very much to agree with that, people have idolized to a high degree the gospel and its main character. In my opinion, the only Being that needs to be idolized is God Almighty and nobody else. When I pray, I do directly to God, without any third party involved and I tell the same to other people.

Here's a video on the subject of the gospel is war-time occupational propaganda:

I've seen this video and I think they've hit the nail on the head, I also think that the gospel is a complete roman invention. However I fully believe in the word of God through the prophets in the Old Testament and that one day the real God's messenger will show up, as shown among others in Isaiah book.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

[...]

"Where were you when I created everything? Do you have some special power that I am not aware of? " "Have you forgotten when in disagreement to wipe off the dust from your shoes and leave that person in peace?"

[...]

God showed me how the other person felt by giving me a taste of what they felt and the damage I caused towards their personal beliefs, instead of showing love and respect; I disregarded their ideas about what they thought or felt about God.

When I was shown how I conducted myself, I would not call it zealous..... I call it being mean and disrespectful and very embarrassing.

[...]

A bit painful but a great experience. I too learned the hard way what it means to respect other people's opinions, even though someone might be very sure about the truthfulness of his own.

[...]

Don't get caught up with those who want to argue or twist bible scripture. Leave them alone and work on your own faults. Examine your own life and find the mistakes and sins that YOU make and make the necessary changes in your life. By the time you are done with yourself you will find yourself to be an elderly person or dead.

God bless you all

Absolutely, work on your sins and mistakes first and then while improving yourself, you'd find the way on how to help others without hurting them. Sometimes what God needs from you is just to plant the seeds of faith in someone's heart and that's it for the time being, do something else, things will take their turn at the right time. God will guide you during this whole process.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Don't let them get into your head.

I talk too much.

Somehow serenity makes things pop up.
Serenity is not caused by human understanding.

For the sake of confusion, test the spirits whether they are of God.
edit on 11-9-2019 by Out6of9Balance because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Guard your heart for everything you do flows from it.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   

I wonder is this thread an indication of what is meant by apologetic's?
Kidding!

OP nothing but respect! But I gotta ask?, While I don't Bible
thump or ever come at any person like I know something they don't
know. Just the same I am a full on believer in Jesus Christ by the
Gospels. No indoctrination I just figured out the truth on my own
when I was ten.

So forgive me if I don't understand why it is we should be walk'n
around on egg shells all the time hoping we don't upset the balance of
nature or some BS. Because I'm as humble as I can be and will never be
the one to bring up belief as a talking point. I won't even engage most
of time right away when the topic does come up.

But I guess you could say I'm more like a lion out of the gate once I do
speak on the subject. And it's captivating by surprise to people because
Gods word is sharp on my tongue. And they never see it coming. Any way
I just wonder if it's actually right for us to always be so submissive and docile
when challenged?

So ya what do you guys think about that? Say I'm just being true to
my nature to turn the tables on an atheist and just crush him in to the
flat earth. The way one might see it is a person that lost and mouth'n off.
Could likely use a good verbal ass whipping. Which I often oblige without
much of a challenge. How does it look to certain people if we're constantly
turn'n tail every time someone decides to get up in our coffee?

I surmise that God may have to have a word with me on my disposition.
But hell I been chewed out before!

God Bless ATS
edit on 11-9-2019 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

Thanks for the reply.

What is Hell?
Is it the belief in separation? Looking and seeking for some thing to take away the pain.... to end the dis-ease.

Hell was invented to keep offering plates and pews filled. God's justice was to send His Own Son here, to die for our benefit. Given that, will He send anyone to Hell? No. "Hell," both the word and the concept, come from paganism. A properly translated Bible indicates that all will be saved - BUT it seems not to be in God's plan for all to be saved in this life, this eon. Many will have their works burned up, and suffer loss, and yet be saved.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I'm still having trouble with the "Trinity" Especially this Holy Ghost deal. Who's he?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join