It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we going to go to war with Iran?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   
www.forbes.com...

Iran 'Ready To Strike' In The West Using Sleeper Terror Cells: Report Claims

The older you get, the more you see history repeating itself.
It happens with everything. Music, fashion, movies, food, art, decor, and yes even war.
Something feels oddly familiar about this. I was really hoping that Trump could keep his presidency free of war, but it seems as if that
will not be the case.

side story-
Right before 9/11 I worked for an international department of a very very large company. My boss was from Iran.
I remember my boss and another 2 Pakistani co-workers having tiny flags of their countries on the outside of their offices. I always thought that was kinda weird.
I'm part Korean, but I'm 100% American. I've never thought to fly a Korean flag outside my office, ever. Here is what struck me.
The afternoon of 9/11 when everyone was consumed with the footage and fearing what was happening next. I clearly remember them taking those flags down. They never did put them back up either. Why is that? Maybe they did not want to be associated with terrorist. I don't know, but something felt weird about that.

Back to Iran, so are we going to war, or will there have to be an "event" first? The articles focuses on the UK, but we know the US will be just
as involved, or will we?

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Short answer; No. I trust POTUS.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

It sounds more like iran wants to go to war with someone.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

It sounds more like iran wants to go to war with someone.

That is exactly what i'm worried about

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   
It doesn't matter what Trump personally or executively thinks about the matter.
The fact is, is that Iran is one of the few nations left on this planet that has not joined the Centralized World Bank.
Without them joining the world bank, there is no way to cripple and control their people and nation through massive amounts of debt. And we can't have that.
Iran must either join the Bank, accept the debt or prepare to be annihilated and rebuilt with the World Bank, Starbucks, McDonalds, Coke , etc in place to keep them fat and in line.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   
We'll just have to wait for some people to do something I guess 😎

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   
There will be a false flag and the finger will be pointed at Iran. Just like what happened with Afghanistan and Iraq.

The profits from war are just to big to ignore for long.

History repeating itself indeed....

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Yeah, it's not like they actually claimed they hijacked a boat..uh....oh...

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: PurpleFox
Short answer; No. I trust POTUS.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   
So what was UK's response to their ship being seized? Or are they waiting on the Americans to respond for them?

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   
As with North Korea, the Iranians will push, poke, prod, rinse and repeat...until they get the idea that they're about to get squashed, and will back off...

This has been an on-going thing since Reagan was President. Push. Push. Poke and prod. Back off. Claim victory.

Y'all have noticed, I hope, that they've never actually tried to close off the Straits... Only said they could. The rest of the world says, "Not only no you can't, no you won't."

Belligerence follows. Tensions flare. Oh my god, it's war!!!

Only...

Only...

Not so much. Iran, and their Council of Mullahs, or whatever they call themselves, are not actively suicidal.

An actual attempt at closing off the Straits of Hormuz would be a death sentence, and, fortunately, they know that.

So...push, poke, prod, rinse and repeat. Claim victory, keep the home folks reasonably happy.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
It doesn't matter what Trump personally or executively thinks about the matter.
The fact is, is that Iran is one of the few nations left on this planet that has not joined the Centralized World Bank.
Without them joining the world bank, there is no way to cripple and control their people and nation through massive amounts of debt. And we can't have that.
Iran must either join the Bank, accept the debt or prepare to be annihilated and rebuilt with the World Bank, Starbucks, McDonalds, Coke , etc in place to keep them fat and in line.

Which means Trump will do whatever it is he was bid to do by those who orchestrated his election.

At least it will be a good test for those that say they believe in our president... if he does what none of us want, which is a war with Iran, we'll know who he works for.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   

I would say it depends on Russia...

If Russia gives a green light ... we go to war next time Iran steps over the line..

If Russia say no.. we do trade embargo and say angry stuff on television.

We would not want to start a war with Russia.. right ?

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Yup,
That about sums it up.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I got 3 to 2 odds, so Vegas thinks so.

unconfirmedsources.com/wp/las-vegas-gives-3-to-2-odds-america-will-go-to-war-with-iran/

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Do you think that Russia is going to go to war with the US, and its allies, over Iran?

I doubt it. They've too much to lose, and what do they gain?

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Duderino

Indeed. And if he goes missing, then we'll know he tried.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Duderino

The American People elected him. Silly, is that you?

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Let's see what's going on, Trump put more economic restrictions on Iran and the ayatollahs, now they're pleading for war, I don't think it's gonna go down that way, Iran is gonna get crushed where it hurts (in the wallet) and trump is gonna leave the dirty part to the Iranians.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: manuelram16

Let's see what's going on, Trump put more economic restrictions on Iran and the ayatollahs, now they're pleading for war, I don't think it's gonna go down that way, Iran is gonna get crushed where it hurts (in the wallet) and trump is gonna leave the dirty part to the Iranians.

That has always been this administrations plan, and given tge circumstances, not a bad one.

There are a couple things to consider, though.

One big disadvantage for US presidents setting foreign policy, is that any country anle to play a long game only need wait 4 years for a new player at the table. I don't know if Iran is willing to wait, but they may take a chance that Trump loses his reelection bid. I don't see him losing, but it's not what I think that matters.

Another thing is, the answer to answer the question depends on your definition of "war".

Air strikes by a "coalition" of countries would not, IMO, constitute war.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join