It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Has The Golden Ratio Been Suppressed In Academia ?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2024 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: confuzedcitizen
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

... we are the perfect robots,
designed to last 100 years....

How Unique You Are! (Is There a Creator Who Cares About You?)

Memory and More!

Unlike animals, who mainly live and act on present needs, humans can contemplate the past and plan for the future. A key to your doing that is the brain’s almost limitless memory capacity. True, animals have a degree of memory, and thus they can find their way back home or recall where food may be. Human memory is far greater. One scientist estimated that our brain can hold information that “would fill some twenty million volumes, as many as in the world’s largest libraries.” Some neuroscientists estimate that during an average life span, a person uses only 1/100 of 1 percent (.0001) of his potential brain capacity. You might well ask, ‘Why do we have a brain with so much capacity that we hardly test a fraction of it in a normal lifetime?’

Doesn't look like that was designed for only a 100 years.

John 17:1-3

Jesus spoke these things, and raising his eyes to heaven, he said: “Father, the hour has come. Glorify your son so that your son may glorify you, just as you have given him authority over all flesh, so that he may give everlasting life to all those whom you have given to him. This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ.

“The righteous themselves will possess the earth, and they will reside forever upon it.”​—PSALM 37:29

The Scriptures imply that man was created to live forever on earth. Death for mankind would come about only if they disobeyed their Creator, as stated at Gen 2:16,17. Reasonably, therefore, continued obedience would have resulted in continued life, everlasting life.

However, an angel, later referred to as Satan (meaning “Adversary”), influenced the first couple to misuse their free will in choosing to disobey God. (Job 1:6-12; compare Deuteronomy 30:19, 20.) Creating the illusion that a serpent was speaking, this rebellious angel told Eve and, through her, Adam, that they would become wiser and their lives would become more complete by not submitting to God as the Ultimate Authority. (Genesis 3:1-19) Because of their open rebellion, they were condemned to death. Did that mean that God’s purpose for mankind was frustrated or aborted? No, rather, it meant that another means would be needed to fulfill God’s original purpose of a paradise earth filled with obedient humans enjoying everlasting life. How would this come about?

In pronouncing judgment on those involved in rebellion against his authority, Jehovah God declared that he would raise up a “seed,” or “offspring,” that would undo the damage caused by the instigator of the rebellion. In symbolic terms, God spoke of the serpent, representing Satan, as being struck, or crushed, in the head by this seed, thus putting an end to Satan’s existence and rebellion. Since the word “seed” is used in many prophecies, other related promises reveal what it means.​—Genesis 3:15.

But to make a long story short, this seed is none other than Jesus Christ. As was already indicated by John 17:1-3 quoted before. Genesis 3:15 says: “And I will put enmity between you [the serpent/Satan] and the woman and between your offspring* [Lit., “seed.”] and her offspring. He will crush your head, and you will strike him in the heel.”

Satan struck Jesus in the heel when he had him executed by his servants and pawns (his offspring/seed) on earth (since God resurrected Jesus 3 days after Jesus died, this was symbolically only a minor wound, not a permanent death as will be the case when Jesus will crush Satan's head). That's why Jesus could say to the Jewish religious leaders who eventually orchestrated his execution by pressuring the Roman governor to execute him (who didn't want a rebellion on his hands, he even offered to release Jesus, but the Jews chose a criminal and murderer named Barnabas to be released instead, long story again), at John 8:42-47:

Jesus said to them: “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and I am here. I have not come of my own initiative, but that One sent me. 43 Why do you not understand what I am saying? Because you cannot listen to* [Or “accept.”] my word. 44 You are from your father the Devil, and you wish to do the desires of your father. That one was a murderer when he began, and he did not stand fast in the truth, because truth is not in him. When he speaks the lie, he speaks according to his own disposition, because he is a liar and the father of the lie. 45 Because I, on the other hand, tell you the truth, you do not believe me. 46 Who of you convicts me of sin? If I speak truth, why is it that you do not believe me? 47 The one who is from God listens to the sayings of God. This is why you do not listen, because you are not from God.”
edit on 17-3-2024 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join