It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democratic 2020 hopeful leads prayer in apologising for being White

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Just when you think you have seen the worst of it something like this comes along.

So a couple things
Firstly how sickening was that to watch, the level of self loathing necessary to take part in that disgusting display of virtue signalling is just mind boggling.
Should the average black person apologise for the rampant black crime in the states, hells no, the criminals should apologise.
She is basically placing the blame for crap that happened 70 to 200 years ago on white Americans by nothing more than the level of melanin in their skin, I nor any other white person living is responsible in anyway for the injustices that were perpetrated in the past.

Secondly the disgusting wench isnt white, shes Jewish.
Twitter and other social media sites are full of Jewish people talking about how all of us white people (They include themselves) need to apologise and be ashamed but then when it suits them point out how they arent white and are in fact Jewish.

Why is it anti-semitic for me to talk about Palestine but a Semitic person can go on rants like the above without any consequences.
and it wasnt even a prayer, not once was god invoked, it was some sort of fecked up mantra

Im getting really fed up with this and Im not even American.

If Trump doesnt win in a freaking landslide something is really really wrong with America

Edit: I can’t find info on when this happened, does anyone know if this is recent or is it just coming to light now as she is making a run for POTUS?
edit on 21/7/2019 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 06:44 AM
link   
That's racism, nothing more, nothing less.

You can have anti-Semitic Jews. These guys in your video are just somewhat convinced that being white is evil.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: swanne
That's racism, nothing more, nothing less.

You can have anti-Semitic Jews. These guys in your video are just somewhat convinced that being white is evil.

Your 100% right that it’s racism but where’s the media outrage?
Where’s the talking heads condemning this 24/7 as unAmerican and shameful?

There’s none and there won’t be because being racist towards white people is socially acceptable

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

"If Trump doesnt win in a freaking landslide something is really really wrong with America "

you mean like how its legal to vote for up to eight dead folks in some places, and two of the biggest population centers in the country allow non-citizens to vote...?
I still think he'll win, but a landslide is pushing it- the other team cheated pretty hard last time, but they thought they had it in the bag. This time its "by any means"

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 07:09 AM
link   

This happened in 2016. It's disgusting.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Honestly. Is it that bad for Europeans to apologize for the harm their ancestors caused? And the harm that has continued? I heard no one say “I apologize for being white”. We can’t help the race we are born into. We can try to correct the wrong of our ancestors though.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Interesting... not because folks are apologizing for being White, because that didn't happen in the video. Not even because of what did happen in the video, i.e., folks apologizing for the crimes against Black people, many of which were incorporated into law, forcing Whites and everyone to treat Blacks badly. So while it's true that Blacks were victimized by laws, so too was everyone else forced to participate in the abuse.

What I found chilling about the video is that so many people were so easily led into repeating her mantra. Word for word. That so many people were willing to be led by the nose with no clue where they were going. Just like a cult. That's what I found disturbing. Do these people think they've now accomplished something? Do these people now think they're exempt from whatever karma is coming our way? What exact purpose do these people think they are serving? Because I don't see it, and nothing was explained in the video.

Likewise, I wonder how many will come into this thread and repeat the same mantra of the OP -- that folks are apologizing for being White. And of course with all the wringing of hands and gnashing of teeth that comes along with it. With or without actually watching the video.

Are echo chambers any better than cults???

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 07:20 AM
link   

That was just wrong. Your apologizing for something you didn't do. What does she think about native Americans? They must not count. Basically she saying ………….here have some white quilt.
First thing I wouldn't have been there, but if I was I would have yelled out F-you and walked out. What an udder joke.

They want to run the country...……...That's scary!!!

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   
You see this a lot with these leftists.

They have this psychosis of narcissistic, self-loathing and hypocrisy. Constantly trying to out do each other with their virtue signaling.

It's fascinating and revolting like watching a car wreck in slow motion.

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Interesting... not because folks are apologizing for being White, because that didn't happen in the video.

You must have missed the very beginning of the video where Marianne asked only white people to stand and repeat the prayer after her.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Secretrooster

Right after you make black people apologize you can come and talk to me about it. By the way, what harm did my ancestors cause?

If a man drives drunk and kills someone, are you for making his children apologize for his behavior?

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Secretrooster
Honestly. Is it that bad for Europeans to apologize for the harm their ancestors caused? And the harm that has continued? I heard no one say “I apologize for being white”. We can’t help the race we are born into. We can try to correct the wrong of our ancestors though.

What wrongs exactly?
The slave trade perhaps? 10s of thousands, possibly even hundreds of thousands of Europeans were snatched by Islamic pirates right up till the 16th century and sold into slavery, I don’t expect any apologies from Arabs.
Or how about the American slave trade, did you know Africans were the ones who sold most of the slaves to Europeans to ship over, or how about the many black and Jewish people who also owned slaves, should all blacks and Jews also engage in self loathing and maybe even a bit of flagellation to appease the PC gods?

Show me a race or culture that hasn’t been #ty to others and then we can talk apologies.

Americans should apologise to any black descendants of slaves who also feel they would be better off in Africa, they can have their apology after they give up their American citizenship and are on a plane back to Africa.

Slavery in all forms is abhorrent but the descendants of slaves alive today are the lucky ones and don’t need any apologies

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 07:31 AM
link   

African slavery was a thing long before they started selling black people to white people. They owned eachother for 1000’s of years and sold eachother to anybody willing, all over the world.

Why aren’t black people made to apologize for selling other black people into slavery?

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 07:33 AM
link   
There is far too much oxygen in the atmosphere.

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

As a white person I apologize for consuming oxygen that should be reserved for non whites.

Did I do it right?

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Secretrooster

Are the sins of your ancestors your responsibility?

All of their sins? Or just this one?

What if your ancestors didn’t own slaves? It really wasn’t that common.

What if i’m white, but my Dad just immigrated from ireland, and my mom is mostly Native American? How much guilt should i harbor?

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Although I do not necessarily agree with the Democrat in question, I put this question on the table:

Would you also take issue if a Black African gentleman "apologised" for the role that his own black slave-trading ancestors played in historical slave trades involving Black Africans?

To directly respond to your thread, I am however of the opinion that it is a little misguided to actually "apologise" for (on behalf of?) entire swathes of human groups. Sure, I could hypothetically apologise to hundreds of hypothetically destitute folks in Argentina who were defrauded by my hypothetical grandfather who led a ponzi scheme which defrauded thousands of millions of US dollars. But could I, as a hypothetical Arab for example, apologise for being born Arab because of the terrible acts that some Islamist terrorist folk have committed in recent history?

EDIT: In jest, I apologise for being born male, on account of the terrible injustices and suffering that the female sex of the human race has suffered at the hands of males in history. hashtag Gillette or some rubbish...

edit on 21-7-2019 by AnakinWayneII because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-7-2019 by AnakinWayneII because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

African slavery was a thing long before they started selling black people to white people. They owned eachother for 1000’s of years and sold eachother to anybody willing, all over the world.

Why aren’t black people made to apologize for selling other black people into slavery?

Arabs and Jews were the main players in the slave trade, all the way upto the point where evil white people abolished it
edit on 21/7/2019 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   
On behalf of all white people I'd like to tell Marianne something from the bottom of my heart.

Kiss my white ass....

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   

In my mind, they didn't go far enough.

They have yet to apologize for being carbon-based.

Why don't silicon-based organisms even get a vote?

And why is it that they never apologize for being alive?

The poor dead only get a voice during elections!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join