It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should I Tell her???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Here's what you do. You go to a store that sells big appliances, and you get a BIG box from them. You wrap the box the watch is in and put it in a larger box and wrap that. Then you put that in the BIG box and wrap it. Every day she gets to open a box, and on her birthday, she'll be down to the final box-- the one the watch is in! Such fun!

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I'm humbled.

Thank you, all.

It's a watch for my "Lil' Bear"...and a "bear" she is. Toughest, most beautiful gal, I ever knew.

God made her like a Buffalo (she'd kill me if she ever heard me say that). She can go harder than me, and I'm tough. I can stand the cold longer (a lot longer), but she can take the heat longer (a lot longer). My Wyoming blood runs deep, very. She's a back east girl. I am a snowman/iceman...and she's the "bear"

She says she's afraid of Jack, the bull (our 2,300lb herd bull). Jack is a monster. Jack loves her. But...never turn your back on a bull, right? Jack and I understand each other, he's a good boy. BUT...Joyce...is the "bear". And all the cattle know it!

Funny that.

I hope she likes her watch.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Maybe you should wait until she's asleep and place it where she would expect the other one to be?

Would that not be cool af?

You wake up and half asleep look for your usual stuff and then you find the most unexpected beautiful thing out of no where?

LOL i don't know but that's kind of very cool, in my eyes at least

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 02:33 AM
link   
My, you are a sweet and sentimental man.

The gift will mean more to her on her birthday. This, from another woman. My exgave me the gold Rolex on our 10th anniversary. Unfortunately, it meant nothing to me. He had wrecked our marriage a decade before. No fancy gifts, cars or houses can make up for the pain.

Your real gift is you. Your love and devotion and appreciation. What you have is lightning in a bottle. That's more than your special gift.

Wait and just enjoy the a-n-t-i-c-i-p-a-t-i-o-n.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   
You didn't lie. You made an 'inoperative statement'. That's how I look at these sorts of things.

XOXO,

Alexander Haig

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 06:48 AM
link   

I cannot afford a wife. Or a watch.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 07:29 AM
link   
so.... ???? Don’t keep us in suspense OP. You asked our advice, now we want to know her reaction.
edit on 25-7-2019 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Keep the watch for yourself and give her a lemon instead.

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 08:25 PM
link   
She LOVED the watch!!

And, she's already gotten lots of compliments on it at work!

It was a hit.

Thanks!

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
She LOVED the watch!!

And, she's already gotten lots of compliments on it at work!

It was a hit.

Thanks!

Now that the moment is over, I was going to suggest not telling her, even though I know how badly you might want. The surprise is as much for her sake as it is yours.

I gave mine a watch this last Xmas, DW, with an additional band. Her other watch was worn out and didn't work, so I got her this one. She still loves it to this day.

I guess, when thinking about women, what will they like, appreciate, and *want* to show off as much as possible.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join