It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should I Tell her???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I've been keeping secrets from my wife, and I feel guilty. I really want to tell her the truth, but I honestly don't feel like I can. I'm such a bad person! Keeping secrets from my wife and all.

You see, it's her birthday in a couple of days. And, I bought her a watch to replace her old Citizen Eco-drive I bought her a decade ago. It wasn't just any watch, but rather a TAG Heuer, Aqua Racer with a stainless bracelet, a black Rhodium dial and the legend sapphire anti-reflective crystal. She loves silver and stainless and black even more. And, she doesn't like flashy; she loves classy, but subtle understatement. It's a 300 meter watch, and tough as a whole box of nails, but looks like a million bucks. What could be better than a TAG Aqua Racer in black and polished stainless?

I'm about ready to explode. I want to give it to her right now! What's a couple of days, right? I mean, it's not like it's Christmas or anything.

Should I just keep being a bad man and lying about where I went today after it was delivered at the jewelry store where I special ordered it...or should I just give it to her??

Sincerely,

The Bad Man, FCD.
edit on 7/20/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Dude. Relax. I'd wait.

A bad man would he sleeping with someone else... so yeah. Calm down. She's going to love it

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Don't think of it as lying to her. Think of it as an awesome prank! Considering the jist of it is you lied to her about where you were? Have some fun with it. Sprinkle some stripper glitter on your clothes, a spritz of cheap perfume, and a g string in your car!

How awesome would it be that when she blows her cork you hand over the watch and say, "I luv ya babe, Happy Birthday you been pranked!!

Get it on video.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   
It's not "pranking" her to give it to her on her birthday. That's normal expected behavior. Just chill.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   
This is the watch I got for her...

TAG Heuer - Aquaracer

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Don’t do it early man. I’ve made that mistake many times with my kids, sister and wife. If you give it to them earlier than their birthday, when the bday actually comes — they are like ‘what now?’

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Dude i thought you meant something really bad you did like cheating. I'd wait till her birthday to give her the watch.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
This is the watch I got for her...

TAG Heuer - Aquaracer

That is a beauty. Also, dont tell her early......what fun would that be?

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Relax. Take some deep breathes. Now wait till her birthday.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   
The (first) TAG, Formula 1, she bought for me was for our 10th wedding anniversary (ten years ago). I'm a watch nut/collector, and "try to" wear a classy watch religiously, so it was a no-brainer for her/me, but she's just loved her Citizen Eco-Drive 300m watch since I bought it for her. She's never taken it off. (well, rarely).

This is kind of a big deal for her. TAG doesn't make 'automatic' movements for women (unfortunately), but I get it; they're too small for an automatic to work.

Anyone else like watches? I love them, and would love to see some. I have quite a few, which I have to rotate through. I have a couple nice ones (TAG's and Rolex's), but I also have some lesser ones like Citizens and some high-end (Japan) "Tuna Cans" (both 'Baby Tuna's and the real-deal 1000 meter "tuna can" Seiko, which was a gift from a company I worked for).

Love to see some other's watches!

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Shake it up a little. Don't tell her anything and withhold all gifts until a few days after her birthday.

Then you can really feel like a bad man. Let us know how it turns out.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Bad form, man...bad form.

Sorry.

ETA - I forgot our anniversary once...REALLY bad form!!! (shunned for weeks).

ETA 2 - Then, I was even stoopid enough to say..."Ummm, hon, when is our anniversary???

Couple that with that "time of the month"...and I was sleeping in the horse trailer! The basement wasn't far enough!

ETA 3 - She was just tapping her foot on the floor every night until dumb-ass me figured it out...three days later!

ETA 4 - Every bunch of flowers I bought just wilted in the car on they way home. Every gallon of ice cream melted. Every gold bauble turned to stone. Ruby's (her birthstone) turned to dust. I was a Schmuck!!!

Words of wisdom...don't go there!

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I tricked my ex wife on Christmas day. It was fun. She was hoping for an engagement ring. We opened all the presents, some nice ones, and there wasn't a ring. I could see she was sad, but I didn't let on. I sent her to make us a cup of tea, all sad. She goes to put sugar in the tea, and there was the ring with a big diamond in the sugar tin. She bawled her eyes out. The day changed instantly.

We are separate, but still love each other very much. We will probably get back together some day.
edit on 20-7-2019 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 07:29 PM
link   

That's a surprise not a secret. Keep it.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Bingo.

FCD - When you give it to her, she'll understand why you were being squirrely. I'm just glad you are having second thoughts about keeping the real info from her, that shows character.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Of course you shouldn’t tell her.

But more importantly ,why tell us ? 🤔

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 08:09 PM
link   
No , do as I do.
Keep the present until her birthday.
Then , for most of the day act like you have forgotten .
At the right time , unleash the power of the gift.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
Of course you shouldn’t tell her.

But more importantly ,why tell us ? 🤔

Because he's dying inside and needs to tell someone.

Which I think is sweet.

I understand... I'm in a relationship that has no secrets, we talk about everything all the time no matter how trivial it is and it goes against the grain to not talk to your best friend about something you are involved in.

And FCD.... just NO.

Do it right.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Thats what I was trying to say. Don't tell her now. Keep the secret. Buy her other special gifts, then wait an hour or two, after she has opened them and thinks that's all there is. Save the grand finale for last. It will blow her away. Find a special way to give it to her

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Dont you do it, FCD...

Surprises are freaking awesome. Well, ones like this.

I absolutely love my eco drives. Its one of the few watch types I can wear without maintenance.

My absolute favorite though was the first "nicer" watch I ever bought, a Spoon (by Pulsar). It had an inverted display, and would randomly display things like ripples across the screen. Around the turn of the century (heh), stuff like that was pretty darn cool and I still think it is!

Typical battery power though, so nothing but problems.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join