It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As US bombings imminent, Millions Iranians Convert to Christianity to find Refuge

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: letni

This isn't new, and it isn't unique to iran. It's a popular tactic that people from Africa and the middle east have been using for at least a decade. It's common among people claiming asylum in Europe as their human rights laws make it difficult to question or to challenge.

What your swing isn't people fleeing iran, it's people migrating for economic reasons. They establish themselves and then send money home where exchange rates make it worth more. Claiming persecution is just a tool used to open the door as it's easier to claim asylum than to get a visa for people without skills that are in demand.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Are they actually converting, or is this a ruse?

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies
Are they actually converting, or is this a ruse?

Who knows, but under the backward Islamic approach to tolerance, Apostasy is a crime. That is, leaving the Islamic faith. You'll end up having a very hard time in Iran, including being executed. It's the only way the religious can keep in power and keep the Mosques full, by threatening certain death if you don't turn up.

If you are an Iranian and don't want to go back to that crap hole country, then converting to Christianity or saying you are gay, will pretty much make it impossible for you to return.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Passing over the main theme of your thread, I am of the opinion that the "fear of Iran being invaded" is ill-founded.

There is currently very little chance of the Islamic Republic of Iran being invaded. Even seizing commercial vessels will not lead to this. Even shooting down an actual fighter jet will not lead to this.

This isn't Iraq or Afghanistan circa 2001 or 2004. Whole different ballgame here.
edit on 21-7-2019 by AnakinWayneII because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 07:28 AM
link   

This isn't new, and it isn't unique to iran. It's a popular tactic that people from Africa and the middle east have been using for at least a decade. It's common among people claiming asylum in Europe as their human rights laws make it difficult to question or to challenge.

What your swing isn't people fleeing iran, it's people migrating for economic reasons. They establish themselves and then send money home where exchange rates make it worth more. Claiming persecution is just a tool used to open the door as it's easier to claim asylum than to get a visa for people without skills that are in demand.

Great, now you're gonna get all the "national security" enthusiasts paranoid.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Noam is a PROFESSOR of linguistics. He’s an EXPERT on history and international relations. What makes him an expert? The same as any expert, years of research and study. He’s recognized more for it than his linguistics, publicly and internationally. And he’s an actual genius, not like the trump version.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: AnakinWayneII

I agree. Whole different ballgame. Too much chaos in the straits will bring the whole worlds economy to a standstill. And considering that every single war is far more destructive, chaotic, and longer than they expect it to be, they better think thrice before invading. Which they apparently have. Several times.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: pexx421

Noam is a PROFESSOR of linguistics. He’s an EXPERT on history and international relations. What makes him an expert? The same as any expert, years of research and study. He’s recognized more for it than his linguistics, publicly and internationally. And he’s an actual genius, not like the trump version.

I know who he is...Not sure why you added Trump to the conversation, but anyhow... Kind like professors of economics...you know all genius like, but hey they never actually get rich do they with all that knowledge...I wonder why?
edit on 21-7-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Any bombs yet ?

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
No one asks why Iran is under attack... Or why the US only attacks countries whose military are much much much smaller in capabilities....

Iran will make Iraq look like kindergarten. Iran is in no way incapable of giving us a costly fight, especially with Russian/Chinese assets and funds behind them.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   
So no bombs were "imminent"?

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: pexx421

I know who he is...Not sure why you added Trump to the conversation, but anyhow... Kind like professors of economics...you know all genius like, but hey they never actually get rich do they with all that knowledge...I wonder why?

I’ll tell you why. Because getting rich has nothing to do with economics. It has largely to do with having resources, being given opportunities, and luck. Which is why most often the rich stay rich and the poor stay poor. You can have a trainer with great understanding of the physics and implementation of fighting but that won’t make him a good fighter.

Anyway, no, it’s not like a professor of economics. What’s an expert on history and foreign policy supposed to do? Rule the world?

At any rate professors of current economics wouldn’t be rich anyway because the whole current model of economics, which is Chicago school neoliberalism, is really just PR for pushing policies globally that siphon money from the poor and workers to the wealthy. If you’re not born wealthy, no matter how much neoliberal economics you learn it’s not going to bring you starting capital, connections, or luck. That’s where the ass kissing comes in where they beg for the scraps and crumbs left over by the oligarchs, similar to our politicians and media.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

I think that only applies in conservative neighborhoods or traditional families. I've heard pretty much the same thing said in America by everybody from Mormons to vegans.

We hear all of this stuff about Iran and about islam, but a lot of it is just a stereotype. I've had Saudi friends who were just regular teens a lot of the time. The same with the other foreign Muslims that I've known. They are much more like us than tv would have you believe.

People want to come to America because it offers better economic prospects, or the chance of a new start, and it's so hard to do this legally that people look for ruses to get in, or they straight up sneak in across the border. They've been using these methods in Europe for a while now, Now they are using them in other places.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 02:51 AM
link   

I think that only applies in conservative neighborhoods or traditional families.

Apostecy is deadly serious in some Muslim countries. In these countries, people who leave Islam face the death penalty...

Afghanistan, Iran, Malaysia, Maldives, Mauritania, Nigeria, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, United Arab Emirates and Yemen.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   
So these people start converting their belief systems to escape a US bombing and we're supposed to just let them all in? Are you suggesting they even consider this switch legitimate? From the country that has suicide bombers i find that really hard to swallow and any discussion on them in my mind stops at that.

Their all just faking being christian to get in . Its not like they ACTUALLY BECAME christian. It's just convenient. Where ever these people end up they will just immediately revert to their old actions in mass.

And the narrative makes this particular group PRIME "Refugee" material. They'll be lauded as victims of the american war machine. And as such Only america must be allowed to take them. Possibly Europe. Its all so tiring.

Do any of you even want our culture to remain anymore? Do you truly desire Ameristan 2.0 instead of "Stranger things" level aesthetic North america?

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   
lol so fake nice try

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies
Please look up the word"taqiya", it'll tell you what you want to know.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   
So uh, I don't think you know what the word imminent means.......

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   
so I was at the airport (LAX) to drop off a friend who accepted a 200k/yr deal to serve on convoy in Iran... and saw lots of ppl in military garb flying out, too

apparently there's like 10,000K US troops quietly in the Mideast amassing in Saudi arabia, Qatar, and some other US base I forget where.. to pounce on Iran when the final false flag is activated

what a shame,, west's utter obsession with Arya people and Persian civilisation!

Aryan and Caucasian have fully been hijacked!

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: tulsi
so I was at the airport (LAX) to drop off a friend who accepted a 200k/yr deal to serve on convoy in Iran... and saw lots of ppl in military garb flying out, too

apparently there's like 10,000K US troops quietly in the Mideast amassing in Saudi arabia, Qatar, and some other US base I forget where.. to pounce on Iran when the final false flag is activated

what a shame,, west's utter obsession with Arya people and Persian civilisation!

Aryan and Caucasian have fully been hijacked!

So, you think piracy that Iran filmed themselves, and admitted to, was a false flag?

You might want to rethink your position on that one.
edit on 7222019 by Mach2 because: Sp

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join