It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tic Tac shaped UFO over West Virginia USA

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 04:51 PM
link   
This is an interesting one

This tic tac shaped ufo over Spencer, West Virginia starts darting around before moving of, any logical explanations for this one?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Is there any context at all for this footage?

Who filmed it?

What were they doing at the time?

Did the object come into shot whilst filming something else?

Or did they grab a camera specifically to film it?

Potentially interesting, but can you do some research to help us, as the thread's host?

Thanks.

edit on 20-7-2019 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

Good vid. Interesting

Found this site tracking it, but no further info available. Source was from MUFON.

Bears a striking resemblance to this one, filmed in Wichita KS last month...

This was the thread for it
edit on 20 7 19 by Diaspar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   

It looks like there are two of them in tandem.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Diaspar

Good vid. Interesting

Found this site tracking it, but no further info available. Source was from MUFON.

It sure does look the same.

I was thinking it was the same video till I say your post.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Diaspar

IDK, the tracking in some parts looks a little off. Kinda rises and falls with the camera.
edit on 20-7-2019 by BoscoMoney because: imbadatthis

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

Good vid. Interesting

It sure does look the same.

I was thinking it was the same video till I say your post.

Very similar, interesting

edit on 20-7-2019 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ConfusedBrit
Is there any context at all for this footage?

Who filmed it?

What were they doing at the time?

Did the object come into shot whilst filming something else?

Or did they grab a camera specifically to film it?

Potentially interesting, but can you do some research to help us, as the thread's host?

Thanks.

I can ask and get back to you

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

It looks like there are two of them in tandem.

Definitely does, I’m sure I’ve seen another video lately which looks like 3 Pais or six stacked together just going through clouds

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 08:46 PM
link   
1) Drone reflecting sunlight

For the other post

2) Drone reflecting sunlight

Sorry I even gave em a look . I knew better , but curiosity got the best of me

Done
Next

edit on 7/20/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   

That's interesting! I remember when they were called 'cigar-shaped' --probably a term coined before tic tacs were a thing, haha.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: new_here

That's interesting! I remember when they were called 'cigar-shaped' --probably a term coined before tic tacs were a thing, haha.

Wait for the tic tacos 🌮

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Probably because all aeroplanes look similar.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

Probably because all aeroplanes look similar.

And the tree.

I don't like this one as much though, because the object seems to be playing with the observer. It knows when to stop and back up to avoid being blocked by the tree from the camera's perspective. That's always a huge red flag to me.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I see "drone", I see "plane"...I don't see "lens flare", yet.

edit on 21-7-2019 by spf33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
I don't like this one as much though, because the object seems to be playing with the observer. It knows when to stop and back up to avoid being blocked by the tree from the camera's perspective. That's always a huge red flag to me.

To me that means that the person holding the camera saw that the object was going behind the tree and moved, so what we see is the result of the movement of the camera, not the movement of the object.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 03:51 PM
link   

To me that means that the person holding the camera saw that the object was going behind the tree and moved, so what we see is the result of the movement of the camera, not the movement of the object.

Looks like too much movement if you look at the excellent stabilization by spf33. I think you'd see more parallax in the tree if that's what happened.

There do seem to be more of these around, though. I saw a MUFON video the other day where one actually had an old-fashioned "falling leaf" motion, which I don't think the camera operator would even know is a traditional UFO thing.

Who knows? Maybe this tic-tac stuff in the news is motivating people to whip out their phones quicker these days. Or hoax harder, maybe.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Looks like too much movement if you look at the excellent stabilization by spf33. I think you'd see more parallax in the tree if that's what happened.

What I see is that if the object was making those movements then the camera doesn't appear to be trying to follow it, but if we think that the camera was moved (apparently the person holding it moved three steps, as we see the camera shake three times) then the fact that the camera does not appear to be trying to follow the object makes sense, as the person was trying to point the camera in that general area while moving, something that's not as easy as we think until we try it.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   

What I see is that if the object was making those movements then the camera doesn't appear to be trying to follow it, but if we think that the camera was moved (apparently the person holding it moved three steps, as we see the camera shake three times) then the fact that the camera does not appear to be trying to follow the object makes sense, as the person was trying to point the camera in that general area while moving, something that's not as easy as we think until we try it.

Because of the jerky action of the object, these videos also remind me of the old George Adamski videos of his flying saucers. He supposedly used a sheet of glass to manipulate his flying saucers in and around the trees in the video. Maybe it was possible that this person was filming a reflection off a window or something and was moving to keep it in view. It doesn't help the person's case that there's another video very similar to this, and this could have been at least their second attempt to video a plane like this to make it look like a UFO.

Either way, we all pretty much agree that the thing itself is a dead ringer for a jet with sunlight reflecting off it to obscure the wings and tail.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Either way, we all pretty much agree that the thing itself is a dead ringer for a jet with sunlight reflecting off it to obscure the wings and tail.

I don't see that. I'm not saying it's nuts n bolts alien craft btw!
I just don't see either of these 2 being conventional aircraft with tail and wings obscured by sunlight.

It doesn't help the person's case that there's another video very similar to this, and this could have been at least their second attempt to video a plane like this to make it look like a UFO.

It's not impossible, i'll agree. But one is from Kansas, the other from West Virginia. I don't think it's the same person.

I do think the one from Wichita last month is more convincing than the one from WV;
Firstly, there is more footage from the KS one and it's definitely outside. Can't tell for certain with the WV one.
Secondly, the WV footage ends abruptly. Where's the rest of the vid? Normally recording would continue until the object disappears from view one way or another.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join