It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US camo. vs Canadian camo. (your favourite?)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   
vs

Personally, I think the US camoflauge is dated, the large, almost paint splatter like camoflauge is a little less effective then the canadian camo. And plus the canadian "CADPAT" looks cooler then the generic US army camo. I read somewhere that the US is actually adopting the pixalized digital camo of the Canadians.

Canada's camo is easily better.

Which do you think is better, the US camo or the Canadian camo? Or what is your favourite out of all countries?

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 09:05 AM
link   
From what I understand, the US has like 40 different varieties of camo patterns. But outta the 2 you posted - I like Canada's better

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   
The Us camo I posted is a horrible, example, if anyone has a better one, feel free to post it.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   
The problem with Canadian camo is the simple fact that we only have Green camo for jungles, white/blue camo for winter/snow. We don't have any desert camo even though our soldiers are in Afganistan & the Middle East, & Africa. Our loser liberal gov't sent our soldiers to the desert in green fatigues. Nothing like painting a bullseye target on our soldiers cause now they stick out like a sore thumb. They also sent the soldiers to Afganistan without any bullets/ammunition for their guns. Top notch bolt action single fire rifles from WW2 I might add. We had to get a contingent of German/Belgian troops to protect us. We weren't allowed to fire on hostile targets because we wanted to show the world how tolerant we are.
PRAY your gov't doesn't become left wing lunatics like ours.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Uhm Battle, I am Canadian.
And Check this out. I guess they aren't in wide use, or maybe they are still on the drawing board so to speak.

It is the CADPAT for arid regions.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   
The difference between USA's camo and Canadians camo is the USA camo gets used.

And for the record, the new US camo is based on this new digital pattern:

Anything else you see either hasnt been changed over yet, or is a special branch electing thier own camo.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Based on the canadian CADPAT design. Take out the colours on the canadian pic I posted, turn them black and white, your looking at the same camo. And the CADPAT arid region camo looks identical to the digital US camo you showed.

"new digital pattern"...new to the US. I guess you guys came up with it first.
In the first post I even said that the US is adopting the digital pattern.

[edit on 4-3-2005 by e 2 e k 1 a 7]

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I always thought British Camo was pretty good, but it depends on the countries personal preference I guess.

DPM-tarn

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   
More then likely it all comes down to preference, like UK said.

BUT everyone has to agree, the best camo, is SNIPER camo. I wouldn't be surprised if they have been pissed on and weren't even seen.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by e 2 e k 1 a 7
BUT everyone has to agree, the best camo, is SNIPER camo.

Even in snow terrian the sniper has access to the best camo.

Snipers need to stay hidden and are less mobile than normal troops so they can devote more weight to their camo.

note: i know he's not holding a sniper rifle, the pics to show an example of the camo.

[edit on 4-3-2005 by UK Wizard]

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Snipers are well diciplined. I've read stories of snipers sleeping, then awoke to the enemy 5 yards away, and still un noticed. When they are in hostile territory and well in sight range, they advance usually around 1 inch per hour....enough said.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   

note: i know he's not holding a sniper rifle, the pics to show an example of the camo.

I do think that he is actually holding a rifle. His right hand appears to be holding a pistol grip. Or maybe somethings wrong with his hand...

About the camo, my personal favourite is the british camo, but whatever works best would be what I'd want, who cares what it looks like when people start shooting.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   
He's holding something, probably an assault rifle/smaller sniper rifle, looks to be about the same size as the XM8 rifle. (30 inches.)

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Isnt the USMC camo supposed to be made up of small USMC badges?

I think this is a good picture
www.paintballpredator.com...

Heres a camo one...

Cool

[edit on 26/02/2005 by devilwasp]

[edit on 26/02/2005 by devilwasp]

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   
As someone who has actually worn the CADPAT, I can tell you what they told us. Unfortunately I have no proof that what they said is factual.

The CADPAT is designed with a disruptive pattern. That is to say that subconsiously your enemies brain tells his eyes to look away. If his eyes are looking away because they don't like what they're looking at, then he isn't as likely to notice you.

They showed us examples of different patterns together in different senarios. It really was more difficult to spot this new camo.

Incidentaly, Canadian troops do use the dessert pattern camo displayed above. After the press saw our troops in Afganistan wearing green. There was an emergency order placed and they were resupplied with this new pattern sometime thereafter.

I also heard a rumour that the design was actually a USMC design but that we just put it in effect quicker. Once again, no proof.
The tiny USMC badges are supposed to appear every so often hidden within the pattern.

[edit on 4-3-2005 by palg1]

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard
I always thought British Camo was pretty good, but it depends on the countries personal preference I guess.

DPM-tarn

This DPM is actually really effctive. I was out walking one day and saw a bunch of cadets out in their combat kit. They virtually disappeared when they went across a green field and infront of a hedge, thats how effective it was. I wondered where they'd gone.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Hey looky what I found......

www.army.forces.gc.ca...

www.army.forces.gc.ca...

www.army.forces.gc.ca...

Any questions.....

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   

I want me some of that...really want me that. Any idea of you can buy it and if so where from?

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by minimi
This DPM is actually really effctive. I was out walking one day and saw a bunch of cadets out in their combat kit. They virtually disappeared when they went across a green field and infront of a hedge, thats how effective it was. I wondered where they'd gone.

Yeah, the height advantage we have does help a bit to the camoflauge though LOL.
Ive seen small cadets with just a ripped old pair of 95's dissapear into a near flat field....

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Not sure if this was posted or not as I didn't read through the whole thread but the U.S. Army is adopting a totally new camouflage pattern, basically the U.S. Marine Corps new digital camouflage pattern.

It is very, very effective in hiding a soldier. The desert cammies, in bright sunlight, almost turn a soldier invisible with how they handle the light.

<<   2 >>

join