It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racist Trump Pledges to Help ASAP Rocky

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

originally posted by: Arnie123

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Arnie123
Oh? Is this guy being held as a political prisoner, now? LOL

Or is he being held for possibly inciting violence and public brawling. maybe public intoxication too boot.

There is a video of the incident. He is innocent. At first, I didn't really have any sympathy. However, I saw the video and he is innocent. He and his security repeatedly asked the some guys to leave them alone and tried to walk away. They were continually accosted and eventually had enough and beat the brakes off the guys.

Ironically, ASAP got some heat from the woke black community because he wasn't a big BLM supporter. Many of these same woke invididuals were happy to see him in jail.

Is that the video that shows him punching the guy on the ground?

No, just what led up to it. They cut it off when they came to blows. You clearly see that the guys won't back off and leave them alone after repeatedly being asked nicely.

This one shows the actual fight.

Neither video shows who started the fight. It does show him attacking the guy while he is on the ground.

He might well be innocent but the video evidence certainly doesn't show that.

Yes, it did. Watch the first long one. About the 1 minute mark, the scrawny guy swings on the big burly security guard. The security guy brushes him off and keeps telling him to walk away. They are clearly being followed and accosted.

Throughout the entire video you clearly see ASAP and his crew walking away and being followed. At some point, the little guy just needs a Darwin award. People have a right to defend themselves. Sometimes all you can do is beat someone's azz. That butt kicking does not rise to the level of needing to put someone in jail for two weeks. People get stomped out like that everyday.

Punching someone repeatedly while they are on the ground is not defence. No expert on Swedish law but I doubt it is there either.

You sound like you've never been a fist fight before... Do you actually think there is a ref who breaks it up and tells you to go to a corner because one guy is on the ground? GTFOH.

If it comes to blows, someone is going down and there may be swings thrown while the other guy is on the ground. That is called a fight. I've seen worse fights in high school.

All the video shows is Rocky throwing the guy to the ground and then attacking him on the ground with his security crew also pilling in.

As I said we don't see who started the fight but the video certainly doesn't show him to be innocent.

We arent talking about a school yard fight. We are talking about a grown man and his security detail assaulting someone.
You didn't watch the first video and being disingenuous.

Actually, you're coming off like the dude in the white polo...

See post above.

Unless you have some other video to offer up?

I did see above, you're still incorrect and misguided.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Or is he being held for possibly inciting violence and public brawling. maybe public intoxication too boot.

There is a video of the incident. He is innocent. At first, I didn't really have any sympathy. However, I saw the video and he is innocent. He and his security repeatedly asked the some guys to leave them alone and tried to walk away. They were continually accosted and eventually had enough and beat the brakes off the guys.

Ironically, ASAP got some heat from the woke black community because he wasn't a big BLM supporter. Many of these same woke invididuals were happy to see him in jail.

No, just what led up to it. They cut it off when they came to blows. You clearly see that the guys won't back off and leave them alone after repeatedly being asked nicely.

Neither video shows who started the fight. It does show him attacking the guy while he is on the ground.

Yes, it did. Watch the first long one. About the 1 minute mark, the scrawny guy swings on the big burly security guard. The security guy brushes him off and keeps telling him to walk away. They are clearly being followed and accosted.

Throughout the entire video you clearly see ASAP and his crew walking away and being followed. At some point, the little guy just needs a Darwin award. People have a right to defend themselves. Sometimes all you can do is beat someone's azz. That butt kicking does not rise to the level of needing to put someone in jail for two weeks. People get stomped out like that everyday.

Punching someone repeatedly while they are on the ground is not defence. No expert on Swedish law but I doubt it is there either.

You sound like you've never been a fist fight before... Do you actually think there is a ref who breaks it up and tells you to go to a corner because one guy is on the ground? GTFOH.

If it comes to blows, someone is going down and there may be swings thrown while the other guy is on the ground. That is called a fight. I've seen worse fights in high school.

All the video shows is Rocky throwing the guy to the ground and then attacking him on the ground with his security crew also pilling in.

As I said we don't see who started the fight but the video certainly doesn't show him to be innocent.

We arent talking about a school yard fight. We are talking about a grown man and his security detail assaulting someone.

Did you watch the video? ASAP and his guys were more than lenient and asked politely to be left alone multiple times. The first vid even shows big man exercising restraint when the one kid starts throwing punches.

Also, once you have someone on the ground in a street fight, you don't stop until they are OUT. last thing you want to do is give them a chance to get up to counter or pull a weapon on you.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   

See post above.

Really how?

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   

See post above.

Really how?
The videos.

You're demostrating your inability to think and be critical.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: seaswine

Did you watch the video? ASAP and his guys were more than lenient and asked politely to be left alone multiple times. The first vid even shows big man exercising restraint when the one kid starts throwing punches.

Also, once you have someone on the ground in a street fight, you don't stop until they are OUT. last thing you want to do is give them a chance to get up to counter or pull a weapon on you.

You have an incomplete video showing part of a situation. It certainly doesn't show him to be innocent.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   

See post above.

Really how?
The videos.

The incomplete videos that show him punching a guy on the ground. Those videos.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff

We arent talking about a school yard fight. We are talking about a grown man and his security detailing assaulting someone.

The facts are all there for you to read but since you seem incapable of that I’ll summarise
ASAP and his friends were walking down the street and were harassed for quite a ways by a couple idiots
Despite wanting none of it and trying to distance themselves the men kept harassing them
When one of the harassers got physical ASAP said “enough is enough” and taught him a lesson
The men had been harassing other people and had sexually assaulted (grabbed them on the bum) 2 women not long before the filmed incident
The harassers were not native Swedes, surprise surprise

ASAP did the right thing, maybe the law isn’t on his side but laws aren’t always just.
Look at countries that have the death penalty for being gay or jail for criticism of the government, do you support those laws? If not then shut the **** up about legalities

I am sure that is a very accurate summary of the facts as given by Rocky's lawyers.

Apparently Sweeden uses things like police investigations and trials. Who knew...

So does the USA
Did you know you can be sued into oblivion by someone breaking into your property when your not there if they hurt themselves.

So does the UK
Did you know you can be “re-educated” for being critical of Islam after fighting off 3 knife weilding jihadis who had killed several people in front of you.

Laws aren’t always just and the police aren’t always there to help you

I’m not sure why your choosing to ignore the circumstances of the case, the facts as I laid out that are all over the media aren’t being disputed.

Do you really dislike rappers or something?

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   

You have an incomplete video showing part of a situation. It certainly doesn't show him to be innocent.

Yeah that's true that video is cut a bit. That said, using a little bit of logic, we can deduce that they were most likely not in the wrong. The fact they didn't start pummeling them after those first punches were thrown, as well as them saying nearly a dozen times "We don't want problems/don't want to fight/please stop following us."

Also, the girl at the end saying how they were grabbing her and her friends butt earlier shows they don't understand physical boundaries.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Yeah that's true that video is cut a bit. That said, using a little bit of logic, we can deduce that they were most likely not in the wrong. The fact they didn't start pummeling them after those first punches were thrown, as well as them saying nearly a dozen times "We don't want problems/don't want to fight/please stop following us."

Also, the girl at the end saying how they were grabbing her and her friends butt earlier shows they don't understand physical boundaries.

Don't bother. Sceptic wants him to be guilty for some reason.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   

See post above.

Really how?
The videos.

The incomplete videos that show him punching a guy on the ground. Those videos.
The one that shows them harrasing and eventually initiating contact.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Thought those Scandi nations up north loved their "human rights" (remember, for example, Norway and Breivik?). Yet, Sweden can detain folks for a long duration without charges. Odd.
edit on 20-7-2019 by AnakinWayneII because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   

As I have said multiple times he may well be innocent. However the video doesn't show that. Even if they are harassing them it still doesn't mean isn't guilty of assault.

The only thing we know for certain based on the video is that he threw the guy to the ground then repeatedly punch him. That sounds like a good case to at least investigate for assault.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

Don't bother. Sceptic wants him to be guilty for some reason.

The 4 or 5 times I have said we don't know if he is guilty or not confusing you.

What I do know he us not automatically not guilty by virtue of being American or because Trump wants to help him.
edit on 20-7-2019 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   
So let me get this straight... Trump tries to help one black guy and now he isn't racist?

Ok sure. In other news.. "that one black friend at the gym who talks normal" and "that one nice gay guy in accounting who isn't all up in your face about it".

Trump helps a black guy and now he isn't a racist twit?! Ha! Oh man that's good.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: okrian

What about Prison reform? That helps black men more than anyone else and Donald Trump was the champion of that bill.

How about pardons like this:
blackamericaweb.com...

What about this:

A photograph shows Donald Trump, Muhammad Ali, and Rosa Parks after receiving the Ellis Island Medal of Honor in 1986.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I'm interested in seeing how this plays out. The rap/hip hop/pop culture camp has been hardcore "resisters" and Trump-haters. A$AP Rocky is a prominent member of that camp (Kanye West is in that camp, but is one of few who publicly support Trump).

An interesting dynamic, isn't it? Following this story closely with intrigue

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Ok, so you've got a minor example of Trump releasing some inmates (Kushner's directive). Will he be taking on mass-incarceration? Highly unlikely, and I'll believe it when I see it.

Then you've got one example of "after a Kim Kardashian visit" that couldn't be more pandering. Trump loves to suck up to those that love him. Doesn't really matter what kind of total trash they are. If they like Trump, Trump will like them back... until they say something bad about Trump. Then no more helping. Doesn't even matter if it was a good thing for the country or not.

And then another example where he was just in the same picture as some black people? And I thought it couldn't get more desperate. So how about all those pictures of Trump with the Clintons? Or the video of him with Epstein? Or countless other questionable pictures of him with mobsters, criminals, strippers, etc.? Do they matter as well? Cause he's way more friendly with them in those examples than this picture.

Again, nothing here to discount Trump ongoing racial mess that he's created all on his own.
There's every opportunity for him to be an inclusive president that brings the country together.
But when you run on a campaign (lifetime) of division and slander from the get go, it's going to be a lot to walk back.
People don't forget, and they also aren't going to trust your motives. Especially when they are so few and far between.

“Happy #CincoDeMayo! The best taco bowls are made in Trump Tower Grill. I love Hispanics!”
Trump's idiocy is off the charts.
edit on 20-7-2019 by okrian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: okrian

All that just to move the goal-post?

Just admit you're wrong.

And then another example where he was just in the same picture as some black people? And I thought it couldn't get more desperate.

What an unbelievably deliberately ignorant statement.

"Some black people"?

Those are some of the most influential black people in the struggle for civil rights in American history. They all received the Ellis Island award.

From my source that you clearly didn't read:

The Ellis Island Medals of Honor embody the spirit of America in their celebration of patriotism, tolerance, brotherhood and diversity. They recognize individuals who have made it their mission to share with those less fortunate their wealth of knowledge, indomitable courage, boundless compassion, unique talents and selfless generosity; all while maintaining the traditions of their ethnic heritage as they uphold the ideals and spirit of America.

I can't imagine you're proud of such a flagrantly daft post. Do better.
edit on 20 7 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   

It is.
You want to make sure the aggressor is subdued and no longer able nor willing to continue.
Lawful in most countries in most instances of self-defense.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: Edumakated

I'm interested in seeing how this plays out. The rap/hip hop/pop culture camp has been hardcore "resisters" and Trump-haters. A$AP Rocky is a prominent member of that camp (Kanye West is in that camp, but is one of few who publicly support Trump).

An interesting dynamic, isn't it? Following this story closely with intrigue

It is interesting because Trump has always been friendly to the hip hop community. Many are daft and politically ignorant, so it isn't surprising they bought into the Trump racist narrative despite actually having no issue with him for the past 30 years. Frequent references to him in lyrics. Appearing in TV shows.

It wasn't until he ran as a Republican for President did Trump all of a sudden become racist...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join