It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul: Ilhan Omar deserves 'rebuke over trying to say we have a rotten country’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: valiant

Im no fan of Omar, but you can see the clear hypocrisy in our duelistic political system.

This is what I find so mind blowing about current ATS, the mental gymnastics, pure hypocrisy and outright bull# on this site day to day.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Artemis12

I see it now. There it is.

Shes Muslim.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   

a reply to: BuckyWunderlick

Washington post? What are talking about?

Let's not argue "hypocrisy" then. Let's play, justify Trump tellung congresswomen to go back home and then letting a crowd chant "send her back" for 13 seconds.

Real presidential there...

WaPo comes out with an article saying Trump said anti-American things, the same criticism spreads throughout the anti-trump crowd like propaganda. It’s already been used by each anti-trumpet in this thread. Not a single original thought among you.

Criticism of trump being not “presidential” is also overplayed and overused.
edit on 20-7-2019 by BuckyWunderlick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

If she can't do it how did she do it?

Oh look, someone doesn't know how speech and interpretation works .... you sure owned me with that little catch, smartypants .... have a star.

link   

I agree, Trump tells people to fix the places they came from to show us they know what they are doing, and it is twisted by people as him telling them to leave the country forever.

link   
We have all seen how freedom of speech really works.

In a few years we will see if this is what the people in part of Minnesota want as their political view.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 07:26 AM
link   

But he is now. You think Omar's thought process' all of a sudden changed when she got into political position?

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

But he is now. You think Omar's thought process' all of a sudden changed when she got into political position?

I don’t understand the argument.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 07:33 AM
link   

You said trumps critisizsm of America was before he got into office. You dont think Omar's critical analysis of America was the same before she got into position as well?

But now trump is in office and hes critisizing everyone who isnt american enough.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Well what do you think of Trump's tweets? And the WaPo, i never read it or a thread about the article.

The presidential thing is not overplayed if Trump constantly says stupid things that a POTUS should not say. H

Im not apart of any "anti-trumo" or "pro-trump" cloud. I guess im one of those people who can criticize both sides. Unlike many who seem to feel forced to defend trump as infallible savior, or hate trump as if he's the new hitler.

Maybe you should look at Trump for once. If he spent 20 extra minutes and thought about his tweets, then he wouldn't be having backlash right now. Unless, trump actually think as stupid as he tweets. I hope not.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

You said trumps critisizsm of America was before he got into office. You dont think Omar's critical analysis of America was the same before she got into position as well?

But now trump is in office and hes critisizing everyone who isnt american enough.

Trump has only spoken in glowing terms about the US, especially since he took public office, and there are countless examples of it. Try finding one from Omar.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

I already quoted Trump. He did not say what you and the fake news media said he said.

Question, why did the media remove most of his words to "quote" him?
edit on 20-7-2019 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Well what do you think of Trump's tweets? And the WaPo, i never read it or a thread about the article.

The presidential thing is not overplayed if Trump constantly says stupid things that a POTUS should not say. H

Im not apart of any "anti-trumo" or "pro-trump" cloud. I guess im one of those people who can criticize both sides. Unlike many who seem to feel forced to defend trump as infallible savior, or hate trump as if he's the new hitler.

Maybe you should look at Trump for once. If he spent 20 extra minutes and thought about his tweets, then he wouldn't be having backlash right now. Unless, trump actually think as stupid as he tweets. I hope not.

You’re talking about tweets remember. Tweets are not an adequate measure of anything.

But we know it isn’t the tweets causing the outrage, it’s the fevered reporting on his tweets. In fact, his latest outrageous tweet had most of the words removed and was ripped from it’s context before being sensationalized, that those who criticize it have been essentially misled.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

They are elected congresswomen that represent their state. They should quit congress and go back to their state to what? Fix it? Isn't that apart of the representative's job?

Then he claims certain democrats "hate israel with a passion" without going into detail.

The effect of his bad tweets were so obvious that his crowd chanted "send her back".

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Details like Ilhar saying Allah will show the world how evil Israel is?

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Yea it was sensationalized by the left. It was also denied that trump said anytging stupid or wrong by the right.

Tweets are a adequate measure if you're the POTUS. They obviously influence people. Why is it so hard to admit Trump made a bad tweet......

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Because he didn't. Before you ruin America with your crazy ideas prove they work. I 100% agree.

"Then he claims certain democrats "hate israel with a passion" without going into detail. "

Israel has hypnotized the world, may Allah awaken the people and help them see the evil doings of Israel.”

In February, she asserted that Israel’s supporters in Congress were only motivated by money.
Tweeting about the pro-Israel advocacy organization AIPAC, Omar wrote, “It’s all about the Benjamins, baby!”

www.latimes.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Yea it was sensationalized by the left. It was also denied that trump said anytging stupid or wrong by the right.

Tweets are a adequate measure if you're the POTUS. They obviously influence people. Why is it so hard to admit Trump made a bad tweet......

Why is it so hard to admit that there is nothing wrong with the tweet, and you fell for classic DNC propaganda?

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Because "OrangeManBad.

Even after it's proven to be a lie what the media claims we have to keep saying Trump is bad.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

What about other's besides Omar? All i know of is Omar saying controversial things about israel. The "evil israel is" does seem a bit like hate. However, israel deserves (not hate) but a lot of criticism in their terrible treatment of Palestinians.

Again, Trump lacks details and understanding in his words. Just like Omar calling Israel evil, Trump says blanket statements too.

Politicians saying dumb things on twitter.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join