It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the serve lag of doom has grown

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 06:12 AM
link   
now [ 19 JULY 2019 ] utterly unnaceptable lag @ H+50 +/-

at least for me - UK based

and no its not my broswer or connection - all other sites = fine and after coffee ATS was working at H+01

at this rate - ATS members will reminiss about the joys of 56k dail-up preformance with un-abated euphoria

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
now [ 19 JULY 2019 ] utterly unnaceptable lag @ H+50 +/-

at least for me - UK based

and no its not my broswer or connection - all other sites = fine and after coffee ATS was working at H+01

at this rate - ATS members will reminiss about the joys of 56k dail-up preformance with un-abated euphoria

I had sever lag for a while this morning, all other sites worked fine.

Trace route was dropping in Phoenix, Az.
edit on R212019-07-19T06:21:05-05:00k217Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Happens quite often with me. Click on a thread and sometimes it takes over a minute to process the request, most of the time the request comes up fast.

Could be too many requests to their servers at a time but this seems to occur at any time. Maybe they have a flaky ISP, don't know.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Ats has been working fine and way faster than it use to be sin e the update a couple weeks ago. It has never run so smooth. Nor more 2 or 3 min load times in middle of the hour anymore. About time it was fixed.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Site is still slow but now at random times all through the hour. Sometimes threads time out, sometimes they load after a minute or two. I've also noticed that on some days the problem seems to be specific to files.abovetopsecret.com, i.e. no avatars are visible or any images that are posted although slow thread opening still persists also.

In other words, the problem does not appear to be fixed yet.
edit on 19/7/19 by LightSpeedDriver because: Correction

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I had to bookmark the Newest topics page and put it on my homescreen because the ATS site itself only updates once a day. Around 8 in the morning.

Nothing changes on the page all day. All topics remain the same.

Pretty lame.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Actually, I've been having better luck with it this week. I think a lot of the lag has to do with the way the ads are run.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   

"Utterly unnaceptable"

Lolwut? This is a service provided to you for free, you'll accept it any way the operators provide it. If you aren't happy with that then you can simply stop using the service.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: hombero
Lolwut? This is a service provided to you for free, you'll accept it any way the operators provide it. If you aren't happy with that then you can simply stop using the service.

And interact directly with my family? No way!

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 05:57 AM
link   
now experienving unnaceptable lag @ H+42 [ and 4 min wait to get tis page load ]

a reply to: hombero

yes - it is unnaceptable - hear is why :

this site needs page views from NON MEMBERS to rack up the ad tokens - that pay for the service - the ATS members do not generate enogh traffic to run the site

now - if a member of the public - has to wait 2 min for a page load - they will click quit - and not return - concluding that " ATS is crap "

thats why ATS has to operate reliably and consistently at the speed people expect in 2019

having down time - and splash screens announcing a 30 min " off line " maintainence period - is acceptable - and people will come back - but they will never return once they have had more than one page load at glacial speeds

its unacceptable

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 07:27 AM
link   
after the server update we had a few days of "wow they fixed it" then yesterday and today the whole timing out problems and the other stuff we were experiencing started all over again occasionally .... sorry to see it..

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   
At the moment it is utterly ridiculous for me.
It has just taken 8 minutes to log in.
It takes at least 30-40 seconds to load a post! (That's fast by the way, I've waited up to 4 minutes before giving up!)

I can't make a new post to Board & business Q's because it just keeps going back to the same thing.

What the F is going on? I have no problem with any other sites so I know it's not on my end.

I've put up with this for over a week, visitors won't!

PLEASE PLEASE get this sorted out.

posted on Jul, 31 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   
This happens regularly for me as well, I used to assume it was an ad crashing the page.

top topics

join