It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is spirituality possible without religion?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

Why is that neigbour? Its just a divinatory tool. Or are you going to perpetuate some sort of misinformation about it? Divination is as old as the species. WHile I prefer the Ogam, or the runes, the Ouija board is nothing different, special, or dangerous.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

The right spirits can make you end up with problems.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Nice quote. Thx for posting.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   

You've never used one have you? Its not how a OuiJa board works.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

Search for some fake ouija board gone wrong videos on youtube.
edit on 22-7-2019 by Out6of9Balance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend
a reply to: Deetermined

Sorry thought you were arguing the "humble" bit. "Converted" in the text without any interpretation as to what it really means sounded a bit iffy. So I looked it up in the oldest bible. Its seems "converted" was something added after the fourth century.

It was also added to Matthew 13:15, Luke 22:32, John 12:40 after the fourth century.

Looks like Rome didn't want the unconverted to believe they could attain spirituality.

18:1 In that hour the disciples came to Jesus, saying: Who then is greatest in the kingdom of the heavens? 2 And calling a little child to him, he placed it in the midst of them, 3 and said: Verily I say to you, unless you turn and become as little children, you shall in no way enter into the kingdom of the heavens. 4 Whoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, he is greatest in the kingdom of the heavens. 5 And whoever shall receive one such little child in my name, receives me. 6 But whoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it were better for him that an upper millstone were hung about his neck and he were drowned in the depth of the sea. 7 Alas for the world because of offenses; for it is necessary that offenses come, yet alas for the man through whom the offense comes.

Codex Sinaiticus.

Hnmmm, I interpret that specific section as, "Be and think as children. Do not educate yourself above the mindset of a child or you will not be accepted in Heaven." So, they want only people with the thought processes of children because if you actually begin to think for yourself, you question their rule, and that is very bad.

Can't have people thinking and reasoning like that now can we? They might figure out this is all a sham and only a method for the few to control the actions of the many.

But, that is my interpretation....yours may vary.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Youtube is not evidence neighbour. If you believe they work (and saying they are dangerous you must), you must understand they are supposed to be no different than a telephone. They don't summon the devil, they don't expose you to dangerous beings. What you are posting is the typical hysterical response I'd expect from the spiritually ignorant.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Isn't religion instructions on how to worship a god?

Isn't spirituality about communicating as spirits?

I don't see how one has anything to do with the other, unless you think that "God" is a spirit.

Because, if your religion informs you that your "God" created spirits, like everything else that is created, then spirituality is no different than believing in ghosts, angels and demons, ESP, telepathic ETs or reincarnation.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Isn't religion instructions on how to worship a god?

There is no god but God.

I don't see how one has anything to do with the other, unless you think that "God" is a spirit.

The holy ghost.

What if there is nothing but God?

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

Sorry thought you were arguing the "humble" bit. "Converted" in the text without any interpretation as to what it really means sounded a bit iffy. So I looked it up in the oldest bible. Its seems "converted" was something added after the fourth century.

It was also added to Matthew 13:15, Luke 22:32, John 12:40 after the fourth century.

Looks like Rome didn't want the unconverted to believe they could attain spirituality.

18:1 In that hour the disciples came to Jesus, saying: Who then is greatest in the kingdom of the heavens? 2 And calling a little child to him, he placed it in the midst of them, 3 and said: Verily I say to you, unless you turn and become as little children, you shall in no way enter into the kingdom of the heavens. 4 Whoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, he is greatest in the kingdom of the heavens. 5 And whoever shall receive one such little child in my name, receives me. 6 But whoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it were better for him that an upper millstone were hung about his neck and he were drowned in the depth of the sea. 7 Alas for the world because of offenses; for it is necessary that offenses come, yet alas for the man through whom the offense comes.

Codex Sinaiticus.

Hnmmm, I interpret that specific section as, "Be and think as children. Do not educate yourself above the mindset of a child or you will not be accepted in Heaven." So, they want only people with the thought processes of children because if you actually begin to think for yourself, you question their rule, and that is very bad.

Can't have people thinking and reasoning like that now can we? They might figure out this is all a sham and only a method for the few to control the actions of the many.

Were you born with words?
When a baby is born it has no concepts.... it is seeing and hearing but has not had words put in it yet.

Words and thoughts are installed and then stories about things that don't exist happen.

There is now belief in stories.

What actually is, is denied because it is overlooked ......seeing is happening but it is full of past and future stories.

If time is believed in then you will have made an idol of yourself which is cast out of presence.
Lost in time... but never escaping the timeless.

Saint Francis of Assisi said......we are looking for what is looking!
edit on 23-7-2019 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

Codex Sinaiticus.

When a baby is born it has no concepts.... it is seeing and hearing but has not had words put in it yet.

Words and thoughts are installed and then stories about things that don't exist happen.

What actually is, is denied because it is overlooked ......seeing is happening but it is full of past and future stories.

If time is believed in then you will have made an idol of yourself which is cast out of presence.

What, no dressing to go with that word salad?

Who said anything about babies? It says "children". So, we need to always think as a child....is exactly what it advocates. That is how I interpret that paragraph in question. I don't need worthless word salad to try to hide the explanation.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

So, "god" is a ghost?

What's the difference between the "Holy Ghost" and my Grandmother's ghost?

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Holy as in whole.

There is only God.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Unless your Grandmother's ghost is the Holy Ghost I wouldn't know about being baptized by it.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Codex Sinaiticus.

Who said anything about babies? It says "children". So, we need to always think as a child....is exactly what it advocates. That is how I interpret that paragraph in question. I don't need worthless word salad to try to hide the explanation.

Little children.
The concept of time is taught to little children.... prior to learning concepts there is timeless being.

There still is only timeless being but it is overlooked because there is a belief in concepts.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Codex Sinaiticus.

Little children.
The concept of time is taught to little children.... prior to learning concepts there is timeless being.

There still is only timeless being but it is overlooked because there is a belief in concepts.

So, you advocate for keeping people stupid and uninformed about the world.

Got it...

What a waste of human thought IMO.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   
You got nothing other than a misinterpretation.

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Education, well, it taught man to make drugs in labs, nuclear weapons and guns to kill people and how to think of other people as stupid. You seem very well educated.. educated, but not raised.

Education failed when it becomes a crutch to hold on to when you've got nothing to give.

edit on 23-7-2019 by Out6of9Balance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance
Education, well, it taught man to make drugs in labs, nuclear weapons and guns to kill people and how to think of other people as stupid. You seem very well educated.. educated, but not raised.

Education failed when it becomes a crutch to hold on to when you've got nothing to give.

More assumptions I see. Is that how this works. I provide my opinion on a passage, and you folks attack me personally? I've never made personal attacks, have I?

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   

You got nothing other than a misinterpretation.

Who says? You? All of it is up for personal interpretation. Unless, of course, you are advocating people not think for themselves and just follow along with what someone else tells you is the meaning? Which, brings us back to thinking as a child. Believe what the elders say, and don't question anything lest ye be punished and ridiculed.

Nice.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join