It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is spirituality possible without religion?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Creep Thumper

So, you would have preferred that when God made man that they not be given free will? Or you just choose not to believe in a god at all because humanity sucks in general?

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I've heard of unbelievers saying they found god, where believers say they haven't found god at all.

Also the fact that Jesus is coming back to kill a whole planet, then anything possible.
edit on 19-7-2019 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

So, you would have preferred that when God made man that they not be given free will? Or you just choose not to believe in a god at all because humanity sucks in general?

There is no free will. I don't know how old you are, but it sounds like you haven't learned that particular lesson yet.

Man made gods to explain the things in nature that frightened him. We are suffering under the yoke of Stone Age concepts because contemporary man is too scared to think for himself and to apply good science to the world around him.

I'm actually a Deist. I recognize that there is an intelligence behind reality, but I view it as something with advanced knowledge rather than a thing to be worshipped or appeased. I don't let the recognition of a superior intelligence to control how I think. That is the only personal control we really do have.

Look at what happens to people in life, the pain, the loss, the violence. That is pure sadism.

The concept of free will is a cosmic joke.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   

So, you really want us to believe that you have the free will to think for yourself, but not to decide or act on those thoughts?

That sounds like a totally contradictive statement to me.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   

So, you really want us to believe that you have the free will to think for yourself, but not to decide or act on those thoughts?

That sounds like a totally contradictive statement to me.

Because you haven't learned the lesson yet. We are meatbags for this higher intelligence.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Then you're probably fooling yourself thinking that your thoughts are your own too.

If you really were to think about it, a lot of our pain and suffering is caused by our own poor decisions.

edit on 20-7-2019 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Then you're probably fooling yourself thinking that your thoughts are your own too.

If you really were to think about it, a lot of our pain and suffering is caused by our own poor decisions.

The meatbag has a primitive consciousness of its own, superceded by and in conflict with the alien intelligence within it. I'm not talking about ET. I'm talking about the intelligence that inhabits meatbags for its own purposes.

As regards "our own poor decisions", have you ever had an intuitive moment and then found yourself denying that intuition and acting against it?

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   

As regards "our own poor decisions", have you ever had an intuitive moment and then found yourself denying that intuition and acting against it?

Sure, it's called free will to choose. Acting against intuition is a prime example of a poor decision.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Sure, it's called free will to choose. Acting against intuition is a prime example of a poor decision.

It is not your time, grasshopper.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Most religions are businesses where people make money and gain power over others.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Religion is bad, but so is Satanism.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance

Religion is bad, but so is Satanism.

True I consider them a religion.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   

What is your opinion on the solution? Freethinkers?

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 03:31 PM
link   

What is your opinion on the solution? Freethinkers?

There are many groups who gather and study and pray. They don't ask for government non taxation because they don't ask for anything. Individuals give to "widows and orphans" what people feel they can give.
There is no one called "father" and no one in special robes, they are all brothers and sisters equal.

I personally do not belong to a group that I can see but I know I am a part of a group nonetheless.

Proverbs 8:17
17 I love those who love me, and those who seek me find me.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Major religious institutions should be taxed. They receive the same services as everyone else in the city/county.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   

That's organized religion imo but that would ruin the definition of something to hate.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   

That's organized religion imo but that would ruin the definition of something to hate.

Hate? Your definition I assume.
In fact looking at your posts I have no idea what you are trying to say here.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Creep Thumper

Major religious institutions should be taxed. They receive the same services as everyone else in the city/county.

I agree when they make profits, own properties, buy expensive goods.

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 04:10 PM
link   

NEveRmIND.

edit on 20-7-2019 by Out6of9Balance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

I will just answer the Title of the thread

YES you can be spiritual without religion or being religious. But remember being spiritual does not save you from an eternity in hell.

Jesus never calls us to be spiritual, we are to be spiritually minded Romans 8:6. He never called us to be members of an organization but the organism called his body 1Cor 12:12-14.

There are many ways this world can be spiritual and not be a Christian or be saved from hell.

They answer is a resounding YES.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join