It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Piedmont UFO Mystery - from 1973 to present - What Is Going On?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: data5091
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

wondering if you had a chance to see the newest episode of "Alien Highway," about So. Cal. Just watched it this morning. I totally get your comparison between some episodes of "UFO Hunters", and some episodes of "Alien Highway" being alike. I thought this was a good episode, but did remind of "UFO Hunters," but like I said I thought this was rather interesting.

Ta for the heads-up again, I'll watch it tonight. I was rather fond of 'UFO Hunters', so any similarities are a bonus, and it's healthy that Zukowski Junior has come out as an open-minded sceptic to create a bit of balance.

The incoming science-orientated series that you mentioned, 'Contact', sounds intriguing, too.

By the way, I'd recommend digging into the Yakima UFO flap mentioned above - it goes hand-in-hand with the Piedmont case, and also featured an extensive scientific investigation instigated by J. Allen Hynek himself (who was paradoxically so dismissive of Piedmont).

edit on 25-7-2019 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   

will do that, thanks!

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: data5091

By the way, data, I was waiting for ep 7 of 'Alien Highway' to become available on YouTube, but since that seems to have stopped now, I've just found a version on DailyMotion. They have avoided copyright violations by publishing it 'in reverse' - but it won't make much difference so long as the audio remains the same!

I'll watch it tonight and post my thoughts in your own thread dedicated to the show.

edit on 27-7-2019 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Sounds good. The next show of " Alien Highway" concerns sightings in both the Phoenix area as well as Arizona I saw.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I grew up about 35 miles northeast of Piedmont. I was in grade school at the time of the flap. I remember seeing some interesting things in the night sky in the early 70's.
My best sightings happened many years after the flap. A major one in 1987 and minor ones in 2004.

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Yes certainly a bit of a mysterious and contentious idea mate - Doc Hynek discusses it in this interview and although it does sound completely bonkers, to my mind it does have some merit.

Did see this reenactment of the Piedmont High School Basketball team incident.. but unfortunately it's in French

Cheers.

edit on 28-7-2019 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: karl 12

Yes certainly a bit of a mysterious and contentious idea mate - Doc Hynek discusses it in this interview and although it does sound completely bonkers, to my mind it does have some merit.

Yeah, I have seen that fascinating interview. In terms of sounding bonkers, well... only in the same way that radio transmissions would have sounded bonkers to early wireless telegraphers who used pigeons. Food for thought.

Did see this reenactment of the Piedmont High School Basketball team incident.. but unfortunately it's in French

Haven't seen this before, but at least it will test how much French I remember from school!

edit on 28-7-2019 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Hello I am new to this site and wanted to join to share some info and pics of some very interesting visuals I witnessed close to the black river near Piedmont, mo . I had been visiting friends who live along the black river and hwy CC of ten days and we went to the area called the "'GULF" which is a rare sinkhole that formed in the late 60s. while at the sinkhole I started feeling strange and like I was being watched as were to two female friends I was with. as we pulled out of the small parking area at the GULF heading I believe north i started taking pictures with my I phone as we were driving along. totally random pictures, the first two properties with homes there was a lot of activity outside with different types of folk doing different things. it and some of the visitors at these to places looked completely out of place. appeared a lot of the men were dressed in what looked generic police uniforms and were visiting the property owners and doing thins with the family members. i also noticed human forms in the hills and trees around the area and in the daytime their face area glowed like a reflection off a mirror or possibly a full face mask like a diver would use. as I upload the pics when I get home after some enlargement I start to see objects in the sky some are very low and some are milling about tree top height. some are very large and look like some kind of support craft for the smaller craft. also some of the larger craft looked like there was a contrail vapor that trailed north from the big craft and went till out of site. now I was to mention that I saw almost the exact same contrail trailing from a large sphere metallic and perfectly round oh 4-5 hundred feet in diameter in 1974 close to yehaw junction. florida turnpike. now I have heard of a lot of different shapes of ufos and certainly there were every shape that I had ever heard of. some of the pics show saucer type craft, cigar shape large craft, huge V shaped tapered towards rear with like delta wing configuration. some of the craft in the sky were very simple in design and probably used in our atmosphere close to clouds and tree top. as this was occurring I also noticed the locals intermingling with visitors who had shiny face areas and some had on like breathing helmets. the two families from the pics I took are being friendly and so are the visitors. I even saw some craft that looked like the ones the lady described n this post, overhead props. this is a basic description of what I w inessed along and close to the black river.. I did not describe everything I saw and will try to up load a pic and would be happy to send to certain persons who may be interested in the activity around the area. these visitors looks very similar to humans except for the glow from the face area. you can see them scattered all thru these hills along the black river..

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join