It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Chinese Air Defence Destroyer

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Thanks for the links, but i was referring to the 2 Sover... that China ordered after they got the other 2 a few years back.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Here is DDG 116 under construction

A further 2 surface combatants planned for this year alone

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
How do we know that this isn't the 114?

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Lucretius is my spy in China. =P

It best be the right one, or we'll torture him and send him back there to try again.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Its interesting,

How the chinese are finally getting their act together... one question, what SAM and Surface to Surface missiles do these plan to mount, and what is the predicted production run.

- Phil

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   
In 2002 China purchased two Altair RIF (SA-N-6) shipborne air defence missile systems for two yet-to-be-built air defence ships. The missile is guided by the 30N6E phased array radar, which can direct 12 missiles to engage 6 targets simultaneously. The RLF missile system has been in service with the Soviet/Russian navy for over two decades and is proven to be highly effective against airborne targets. It is installed on all Soviet/Russian cruisers built after 1980

www.sinodefence.com...

SA-N-6

[edit on 8-3-2005 by Odium]

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   
We don't know if thats the 114 or 116. All we know is that 115 has a sister ship and its under construction. Its not equiped with the phase array radar on Type 052C, I believe its gonna use tombstones (correct me if I'm wrong). Type 052D will have the phased array radars but better than the 052Cs. China is just testing the integration ability of Russian products into Chinese ships. I don't think there will be any more Type 051Cs, just 115 and 114/116.

Here's the artist impression of Type 052D.
www.wforum.com...

[edit on 8-3-2005 by COWlan]

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   
we still don't even know if it's any bigger or smaller.

It's presumably bigger though considering the shortage of space on it's sister ship

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Here are some picture of China's DDG....Some Old and Some New
-Im still fascinated at rumors about the 052D... Is it being constructed as of right now if so what shipyard?

Just for fun....

^"The Type 052C is equipped with two four-cell anti-ship missile (YJ-85 or YJ-12?) launchers installed between rear mast and the helicopter hanger. The tube-ship launcher indicates that the missile is a new design different from the previous YJ-8 (C-801) series anti-ship missile. Detailed information on the missile’s performance is not available."

^"The Type 052B is armed with two Russian-made 9M38 surface-to-air missile launchers, one on the front deck behind the 100mm main gun, and one on top of the helicopter hanger. The launchers can fire the 9M38 Buk-M1-2 (NATO codename: SA-N-12 Grizzly) semi-active, radar-homing, medium-range air defence missile. The missile uses the ship’s Russian-made MAE-5 Top Plate 3D circular scan radar for target tracking, and the Front Dome (two radar for each launcher, each radar with two guidance channels) indication radar for missile guidance. Up to three missiles can be aimed simultaneously. The range is up to 38km against aircraft and 20km against anti-ship cruise missile. The ship carries 48 9M38 missiles.

Four 4-cell launcher for the YJ-83 (C-803) sea-skimming, radar-homing anti-ship cruise missile system are installed behind the funnel. The YJ-83 is said to have a final approach speed of Mach 1.5 and a maximum range of 150km. It is noted that the YJ-83 onboard the Type 052B relies on a Russian-made Band Stand fire-control radar to provide target information, which would enable the YJ-83 to reach its maximum range of fire without relaying target information by the shipborne helicopter."

**Weapon Information Located At www.sinodefence.com

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 07:51 PM
link   
People who have contacts in the ship yards said the first Type 052D's hull is completed but the hull only, nothing more, no superstructure. The second one started a few months back. These can not be confirmed because the people didn't have cameras to shoot some pics. Its supposed to be 9000+ tonnes to accomodate around 100 revolving VLS launchers. The radar is supposed to be more advanced so it's equivilant of SPY-1D instead of better than SPY-1A. But its gonna be close to two years until the ships are completed.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   
WOW so it might have 16 x 6 VLS so maybe 96.... Thats good news. That Computer Generated of the 052D/172 is almost identical of that of the O52C, besides more VLS... Since we are talking about ships, whats the news on the Chinese getting their hands on some Zubrs from Russia?

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I've heard rumours that China already has 8 of them, but can't back it up with any hard evidence. But to me, if they were willing to sell to Greece, the Chinese will of got some. To help with 'testinhg' Taiwan.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Finally found some information of the 054A Frigate along with some pictures... Seems like you are right Cowlan

" A new generation of Chinese FFG (Type 054A?) is currently under development to replace Jianghu and Jiangwei class FFGs. It may feature an American MK48 style 32-cell VLS (SA-N-12? with Front Dome guidance radar) utilizing hot launch as well as Type 730 CIWS"

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Most of these designs look nicer then any US made destroyer. They seem to be heavily reliant on long range missile's. Looks like they house ICBM's, which is what I would want in my Navy.

These ships seem alot more functional then the US Navy. At least on what I have seen.

[edit on 11-3-2005 by Ritual]

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Nice looking boats, but let's tune into reality here.
(anyone care to post up the relative numbers and sizes of the 2 navies?
)

China isn't stupid and will not be drawn in to satisfy the US right's need for an 'enemy'.

One look at the relative military spending budgets shows just how ridiculous the idea of a 'Chinese threat' is.

China is not set to replace the USSR and take part in a new 'cold war mk2'. The very idea is laughable and they have far more sense than that.

The USA is sadly stuck with it's paranoid fantasies - seemingly regardless of which political party is in charge there - and it's vast bloated out of control military budgets all on it's own.

[edit on 11-3-2005 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 05:39 AM
link   
it is indeed true... China could care less about the world 500 miles beyond it's borders.

Future conflict points such as energy supply are being addressed on the commercial level with China simply paying other countries money in order to ensure it's supplies are stable.... no need for any millitary presence or action.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ritual
Most of these designs look nicer then any US made destroyer. They seem to be heavily reliant on long range missile's. Looks like they house ICBM's, which is what I would want in my Navy.

These ships seem alot more functional then the US Navy. At least on what I have seen.

[edit on 11-3-2005 by Ritual]

I agree with you, I think the New Chinese Destroyer such as the 052C (170-171) are one of the most beautiful ships I have seen in a very long time. I really dont like the design of the Aleigh Burke, but they are more advanced most likely. And i agree with Luc on what he said...

Back to the new destroyer 051C(115) it really looks in my point of view to small to be able to house VLS style weapons that have been speculated. Is there anyway this destroyer may be for export to another country?

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 09:23 AM
link   
ICBMs aboard destroyers??!

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Yeah i was a little confused on what he is saying... He must be referring to the the Anti Ship Missiles such as the C802-C803, Something like this...

Here is a PHOTOSHOPPED picture of what the 115 May look like

top topics

<< 1   >>

join