It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Ilhan Omar have her citizenship revoked....looks like it could be

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+29 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   
President Trump tweeted this week about certain America-hating congresswomen saying perhaps they should go back to their home countries and fix the problems there before they try to tell the US how our government should be run.

Rashida Tlaib's parents are Palestinian, but she was born in Detroit. (I'm basing this on basic info off Wikipedia....so "grain of salt" needed.)

Alexandria Osasio-Cortez was born in the Bronx as was her father. Her mother was born in Puerto Rico. (Wiki info also.)

So, basically, I don't think Tlaib's nor AOC's citizenship could be revoked involuntarily due to the 14th Amendment.

However, Ilhan Omar is a different story. She is not a natural born citizen. She might be in some REAL TROUBLE.

Although rare, it is possible for a naturalized U.S. citizen to have their citizenship stripped through a process called "denaturalization." Former citizens who are denaturalized are subject to removal (deportation) from the United States. Natural-born U.S. citizens may not have their citizenship revoked against their will, since birthright citizenship is guaranteed by the 14th Amendment to the Constitution, but they may choose to renounce their citizenship on their own.

immigration.findlaw.com...

Grounds for Denaturalization:

1. Falsification or Concealment of Relevant Facts: You must be absolutely truthful when filling out paperwork and answering interview questions related to the naturalization application process. Even if the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) fails to recognize any lies or ommissions at first, the agency may file a denaturalization action against you after citizenship has been granted. Examples include failure to disclose criminal activities or lying about one's real name or identity.

2. Refusal to Testify Before Congress: You may not refuse to testify before a U.S. congressional committee whose job it is to investigate your alleged involvement in subversive acts, such as those intended to harm U.S. officials or overthrow the U.S. government. This requirement to testify in order to maintain citizenship status expires after 10 years.

3. Membership in Subversive Groups: Your citizenship may be revoked if the U.S. government can prove that you joined a subversive organization within five years of becoming a naturalized citizen. Membership in such organizations is considered a violation of the oath of U.S. allegiance. Examples include the Nazi Party and Al Qaeda.

4. Dishonorable Military Discharge: Since you may become a naturalized U.S. citizen by virtue of serving in the U.S. military, your citizenship may be revoked if you are dishonorably discharged before serving five years. Reasons for dishonorable discharge, which must follow a general court-martial, include desertion and sexual assault.

Omar may be in for a rude awakening based on #1 and #3 above. What say you, ATS?

edit on 15-7-2019 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

+26 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

If she broke the law, if she violated the law, she should be punished.

No one is above the law.

I'm sure even our leftists would agree with that.

I'll bet this is the shortest thread ever!

(Waiting for lefties to come running to her defense now. . . . )

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Re-reading #2, I see a possibility there as well.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

If she broke the law, if she violated the law, she should be punished.

No one is above the law.

I'm sure even our leftists would agree with that.

I'll bet this is the shortest thread ever!

Why not just post a pic with a fish bait on it, but instead of bait use a banner that says political.

I'm sure you can scour the net for such a meme and get it over with.

That would save you some typing in the future.

+37 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Reporter: Did you marry your brother?

Omar: No Comment.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I will chime and agree with ya on this. If she breaks the law in a fashion that warrants such a actions than I would be ok with this.

There ya go buddy hopefully there will be no silly comment made in this regard.....

Come to think of it it’s been awhile since we agreed on something.

Have a beer my friend!

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I have no dog in this fight...but Melania Trump qualifies under #1.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Ok, so she COULD be
Question now is SHOULD she?

Personally, if she broken laws I’d rather see her do jail time than be sent back to her original shytehole as a political martyr.

That brother marrying thing needs to be looked into and if true she needs to have the book thrown at her, same with anyone who deliberately subverts US immigration laws.
That includes giving advice on how to subvert them

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   

This type of thing is extremely rare.

While I disagree with that situation, it really takes a lot to get a naturalized citizen kicked out. They also get their "day in court" so it can take forever.

I have seen people who have straight up lied on their paperwork to get their green card (not naturalized citizens) not get bounced when the falsehoods were discovered.

My wife (foreign national and we went through the naturalization process legally) has a friend from the same country she's from (Macedonia... well, you gotta call it North Macedonia now, I guess...). This friend 's "husband" had been previously found to been in a sham marriage to a Dominican (he's also Dominican). USCIS barely mentioned it.

She (and he) also lied about their financial situation. They were found to be lying. She still got her Green Card.

So, getting a naturalized citizen deported for basically being a loudmouth idiot and marrying her brother or having two husbands at the same time or whatever would be a long shot in my opinion.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   
What do I have to say? I won't shed a tear if Omar's citizenship is revoked and I could care less what anyone thinks of that too.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 11:29 AM
link   

And yet in another thread on ATS we were told (looney leftys that is), that trump was obviously refering to the state they came from, now this thread suggests he actually meant the country they 'look like there from ', can the Trump supporters clarify what he meant?

edit on 15-7-2019 by UpIsNowDown because: typo

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Marriage fraud as it pertains to someone gaining immigration status constitutes immigration fraud

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeDemBoyz
I have no dog in this fight...but Melania Trump qualifies under #1.

Care to elaborate, or is that just a cheap political shot?

Ilhan Omar married her brother to become naturalized. That means she got her citizenship under false pretenses, and by all rights should not have been admitted to this country, let alone elected to Congress.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I don't think it will happen but I bet you a dollar Trump has one of his lawyers working overtime on this.

I would laugh and laugh and laugh and laugh and giggle and laugh and lau...well you get my point.

😊

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I don't know if she will get deported,but she should certainly be sacked from her job if its proved she married her brother to get him into the country-That is straight up crimminal behaviour.

Plus that she obviously hates America and has no place in government due to that alone(although this seems to be a trend amongst the more vocal "democrats"these days sadly.

She was given a chance at a decent life in an adopted country-the least she could do is show a tiny bit of gratitude and respect.
She wants to make changes?Great-do it through the proper channels instead of ranting and being a racist anti american/white/republican/beeotch.

Also she called the President a M*****F*****,which in her job,should be a sackable offence IMO.

But whadda I know..

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: 35Foxtrot

Marrying her brother to perpetrate a fraud would be bad enough, but I think what is going to end up being her downfall is her associations with Hamas and Hezbollah and her support of them. There may be other subversive groups she is associated with, too.

In other words, I think #3 may have her between a rock and a hard place.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: 4891morfih

schadenfreude, that is the word you seek.

I would also enjoy schadenfreude about Mrs Omar, but I doubt it will happen.

would be funny tho.

πŸ€·β€β™€οΈπŸ€·β€β™€οΈπŸ€·β€β™€οΈβœŒπŸ˜‰

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   
If I was president and a group of Congresswomen were all cheering 'Let's impeach this mother#er' I really would not be worrying about what I said...

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Is she the chick that married her brother to get him into the country?

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Why wait. We know you well enough to know that you already have a long list of invectives and other derogatory comments ready to copy and past and use as replies to any who would challenge the narrative. So why wait. Just pop em all out now and get it over with.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join