It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apparently my 10 month old is amazed by Opera.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 09:30 PM
link   
So my son has been fussy all afternoon, I happened to get this on my youtube feed listened and knew the wife would like it so pulled it up on the TV,

The entire time the guy starts on his second song, Steven stands there staring at the tv spellbound for the entire song.

A bit later trying to get him to sleep and as usual he was in a knife fight with the sandman so I decided to pull up some more opera music on youtube, tried Carmen and he screamed like I stabbed him, so then tried Ava Maria and he got louder... my dogs ran from the room. So I grabbed the next thing in the que Phantom of the Opera, from the opening song he went quiet laying in my lap eyes open for a bit long before drifting off to sleep.

Just kind of surprised me, cant say I have seen to many kids that dial in like that with Opera... all in all there is a lot worse music out there and thankfully me and the wife appreciate a good bit of Opera ourselves so its something we wont mind playing for him.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Awesome.

But just to be honest, Phantom is a musical, not opera.

Just a theatre boy keeping it real.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

Fair enough, after the last couple nights of fussiness I'm surprised I can still dress myself.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Fair enough, after the last couple nights of fussiness I'm surprised I can still dress myself.

I do not miss those days!

Try any musical written by Stephen Schwartz...like Godspell or Wicked....

ETA: We would play Lyle Lovett for my daughter also.
edit on 14-7-2019 by theatreboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 12:44 AM
link   

So my son has been fussy all afternoon, I happened to get this on my youtube feed listened and knew the wife would like it so pulled it up on the TV,

The entire time the guy starts on his second song, Steven stands there staring at the tv spellbound for the entire song.

A bit later trying to get him to sleep and as usual he was in a knife fight with the sandman so I decided to pull up some more opera music on youtube, tried Carmen and he screamed like I stabbed him, so then tried Ava Maria and he got louder... my dogs ran from the room. So I grabbed the next thing in the que Phantom of the Opera, from the opening song he went quiet laying in my lap eyes open for a bit long before drifting off to sleep.

Just kind of surprised me, cant say I have seen to many kids that dial in like that with Opera... all in all there is a lot worse music out there and thankfully me and the wife appreciate a good bit of Opera ourselves so its something we wont mind playing for him.

That's Gruff as he's known in my home town. I know him and his family

Try Luciano Pavarotti's version........

If baby doesn't like it (grand opera), then it's light opera

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 02:46 AM
link   

This girl went on to make millions as an opera singer after coming in 2ed place on agt. She was 10 years old.

This is a 10 year old opera singer that is currently on the show.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Lol! I still remember those days; running around with sweet potatoes on my clothes and barrel of monkeys in my hair!

My son had colic; Beethoven was my savior as far as soothing music.

Trust me though, before you blink he’ll be driving. Enjoy these days 😜

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Definitely, not Wagner!

new topics

join