It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Journey to the Microcosmos

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Very cool channel here that seems to have just started up. It's Biology 101 like you've never seen it before! The footage of microorganisms is detailed and gorgeous and puts your old bio books to shame.

The first 2 vids are more introductory to microbiology (prokaryotes and eukaryores etc.) while the 3rd vid shows that the channel may branch off into other lesser-known topics. Oh yes, there will be tardigrades! I am excited to see what they roll out next.

Enjoy

edit on 14-7-2019 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Thanks will watch it later, this might turn out to be inspirational!

No Clue

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 05:41 AM
link   

The video held my interest for more than 2 minutes so that's saying something!

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Awesome thread! I love learning about new things having to do with the world around us. Think of it, basically a whole mini universe can be found in just a single drop of water!

Thanks for sharing

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing! The quality and resolution of the videos are amazing! I especially enjoyed watching one of the filter feeders (Vorticella) consuming bacteria and ejecting fluid out the other end like a tiny garden hose 2:42 on the "How do they eat" video.

edit on 7152019 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 05:56 PM
link   
At the unsavory thought of bumping my own thread, a new vid was just posted

posted on Jul, 16 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Hey, thanks so much for this thread.

As a kid, raising tadpoles in a tank and armed with a microscope, I saw Stentor coeruleus when just trying out my microscope looking randomly. Wow … and then I never saw them again after that, and always wondered what I was seeing. I was maybe 12 years old at the time hah … but that left an impression.

Now in the videos here I see them again.

I have literally been waiting decades to even know what I had been looking at. These guys rock … thanks so much for this information. I am following these people now … thanks!!!

new topics

top topics

join