It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USGS: 7 active volcanoes in CA pose 'Significant Threat'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   

following the July 4 & 5th quakes around 7 magnitude, USGS assured us there's no 'imminent threat' of the quakes triggering an eruption.

however, what about significant threats? Continental US (not including Hawaii) has about 66 'active' volcanoes, and some 16 of them are in the state of California.

out of those 16 active volcanoes in Cali, USGS consider 7 of them a 'Significant Threat'. Which one will erupt first?

www.express.co.uk...

California volcano threat: Coso Volcanic Field monitored after 600 earthquakes A DAY

why is only UK news reporting it? Perhaps there's something Americans aren't being told!

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: tulsi

I've noticed this as well.

Hawaii is the usual suspect, California will be the primary concern but Hawaii should be prioritised as well.

There may be another plate shift coming, cue the theme from Jaws.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Mt Shasta is about 40 miles north of me and Mt Lassen is about 30 miles east of me.

Im holding my breath.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: tulsi

At the risk of being a definite smart ass, in response to thread title: duh.

edit on 12-7-2019 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Oh goodie! Im right in the center of California!

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1
Mt Shasta is about 40 miles north of me and Mt Lassen is about 30 miles east of me.

Im holding my breath.

Im in the big valley. It will probably get me too. That damn Hollywood has brought this on us all

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Long valley caldera ( Mammoth mt.) is a greater threat than Shasta ... while Shasta is a Rhyolite volcano capable of exploding like St. Helen's, Long valley caldera is a super caldera and places 5th or 6th in the largest volcanic material output of all time.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Here is a good resource for volcanic activity worldwide - Volcano Discovery

USA specific:

Volcanoes of Canada and USA (mainland) - Volcano Discovery

And in regards to Coso:

The M7.1 earthquake has also triggered an earthquake swarm at the southern end of the volcanic field, with around 30 earthquakes per hour.

However, there is no concern at this time about potential volcanic unrest- the alert level remains green. Most likely, this is simply part of the aftershock sequence of the large earthquake. Further reports would be released in the unlikely event of signs of volcanic activity developing.

Coso volcano (California, USA (mainland exept Alaska)) activity update: Strong earthquake swarm- no cause for concern
edit on 12-7-2019 by jadedANDcynical because: fixed final link

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

originally posted by: misskat1

Im holding my breath.

Im in the big valley. It will probably get me too. That damn Hollywood has brought this on us all

What about Stockton? Let's blame them.

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Which one will erupt 1st?

July 4 & 5th may very well be a preview/teaser of greater operations to come the next gematria date like August 10 & 11.

As below, so above! They already got one near LA, so my take is one near SF is next. It's a no-brainer, really!

top topics

join