It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Most Evolutionists Don’t BELIEVE in Evolution?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

Has nothing to do with making you laugh... it has to do with you cherry picking half a sentence from a very long post, then using the cherry picked and misinterpreted quote of mine to spout some bollocks about "nothing being nothing", which in no way relates to what I posted about semantic meanings of the word "belief".

Classic creationist diversionary tactics... then the subsequent denial that that is what you are doing.

Fine if it made you laugh... haha... but you then used that cherry picked and misinterpreted quote to launch into your own interpretation... ignoring the rest of my post entirely.

You didn't comment on the varying levels of belief (1) (2) (3) that I outlined, at all!

So yes... dishonest and deceptive... as always.
edit on 18-7-2019 by puzzlesphere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Btw, if anyone knows of an edited version of the John Lennox video I used with just the 7 minutes I pointed towards, or is willing to upload one to youtube (a process of downloading the whole video from that link, editing it with one's own video editor, and then uploading just those 7 minutes so one doesn't excede any 15-minute limitations one might have), I'd be very interested in using it.

Normally I'd use the youtube video-editor for it but I can't upload videos longer than 15 minutes if I remember correctly, so I'd have to use my own video editor, too much effort. And John Lennox just talks too much there, should have left it with the remark just before 23:04, end of story.
edit on 18-7-2019 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: puzzlesphere

Proverbs 26:4,5

4 Do not answer the stupid one according to his foolishness,

So that you do not put yourself on his level.* [Or “So that you do not make yourself his equal.”]

5 Answer the stupid one according to his foolishness,

So that he does not think he is wise.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Followed by another diversion... responding to his own post... not related to any current discussion... Priceless!

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   

... and another diversion!

Winning!
edit on 18-7-2019 by puzzlesphere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

originally posted by: puzzlesphere
a reply to: edmc^2

...Even belief (2) doesn't constitute a belief system, ...

Talking about spotting doublespeak. Can any amount of convoluted argumentation really effective hide it from those without a bias to hide, ignore, downplay, justify, distract from or talk past it, or (deliberately) not see it or pretend not to see it*? *: or tactically remaining silent about (seeing) it (if one does see it)? You can split that last one up into 2 questions (well, it's still part of the same general 'yes'- or 'no'-question though; I guess they could be separated into subquestions).

After all, those not inclined to do any of the latter things or similar things, don't even need to read the rest to spot doublespeak*. It's not even uncommon that one loses their interest at that point. Cherry-picking also somewhat seems an inappropiate terminology in that situation when interest is lost in regards to reading one's justification for such a statement. *: similar to not needing to read the whole book The Grand Design, or watch the 2 hour long talk from Dawkins and Krauss about the subject "nothing", from which one scene in the video I used about that subject can be seen. lol, how much time can you fill by talking or selling nonsense about "nothing" and still captivate your audience's attention and admiration? The whole thing reminds me so much of Lucius Lavin's storytelling prowess in Stargate Atlantis S03E03 and especially its addictive effect so well acted by Dr. Beckett at 26:27 - 28:11 below, totally infatuated, for no good reason.

To be clear, the initial question was not for puzzlesphere. Oh wait, I know how to indicate that, let me make an edit (since it was someone else talking about doublespeak; that's not to say that the question, which is somewhat rhetorical, cannot be interpreted as a question to anyone reading it).

Such a funny episode, my favorite:

#BringBackStargateAtlantis

And to use a line from Sheppard in the scene I referred to earlier, it does seem like 'it looks like the people are gonna get worse before they get better', both in terms of a significant number of people on ATS as those people in the audience with Krauss and Dawkins talking about "nothing" (or anyone who has bought any of their books). Or those in the so-called "scientific community" also infatuated by the likes of Stephen Hawking and Lawrence Krauss (or Peter William Atkins mentioned in the John Lennox video). The so-called and often perceived as "wise" (see 1 Corinthians 3:18-20 quoted on page 5, end of my 3rd comment).

You know what, it's worth repeating:

1 Corinthians 3:18-20 (NW):

18 Let no one deceive himself: If anyone among you thinks he is wise in this system of things,* let him become a fool, so that he may become wise. 19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God, for it is written: “He catches the wise in their own cunning.” 20 And again: “Jehovah* knows that the reasonings of the wise men are futile.”

The stars can be clicked for the footnotes. A conversation between Jeremiah and Jehovah, Jeremiah 1:6-9:

6 But I said: “Alas, O Sovereign Lord Jehovah!

I do not know how to speak, for I am just a boy.”*

7 Jehovah then said to me:

“Do not say, ‘I am just a boy.’

For you must go to all those to whom I send you,

And you should say everything that I command you.

8 Do not be afraid because of their appearance,

For ‘I am with you to save you,’ declares Jehovah.”

9 Then Jehovah stretched out his hand and touched my mouth. And Jehovah said to me: “I have put my words in your mouth.

“I Have Put My Words in Your Mouth”

“THERE exists a friend sticking closer than a brother.” (Prov. 18:24) Have you experienced the truth of those inspired words? You can trust what a real friend says. When he tells you something good or explains what he will do, you believe it. If he points out something needing adjustment, you likely accept it and act accordingly. He has proved over time that he has your interests at heart, even when offering you counsel. He wants you to succeed, and you want the same for him so that your friendship will last.

In many respects, you find such friends in the men whom God used to write the books of the Bible. What you hear from them, you can believe. You are sure that what they say is for your good. ...

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Cherry picked half quote again!

... and more diversions!

Wow... come on... keep going! You really are a one-trick pony.

Why don't you actually go read my whole post? Try responding to it in context and Show to me where it is double-speak... cherry picking one half-line out of context is not addressing my post.

Absolute deception! You are really quite evil, as Phantom has pointed out.

Dishonesty... you really are a straight out liar aren't you!?!

Keep projecting your own beliefs onto reality regardless of surrounding context or existing facts... it is your right to do it as a deluded religious person.

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   
edit previous comment: "effective" in the second sentence is supposed to be "effectively" (out of edit time, which is never 4 hours).

In case it's all too far spread out now over multiple comments obscuring the relation to this thread and those commenting in it and how they perceive and understand certain words...

Doublespeak concerning the word "nothing" which has affected many people:

Doublespeak concerning the word "faith" or the concept of 'belief' which has affected many people speaking in this thread, and expressing similar ideas about these words:

Doublespeak concerning the word "nothing" from Stephen Hawking, highlighted and discussed from 16:13 - 23:04:

All very much related to the question in the thread title and figuring out an answer (as is Stargate Atlantis S03E03). Of course, those in denial of reality/truth, will never acknowledge that my examples of doublespeak, are indeed doublespeak. Or how it may help in answering the question in the OP and how it relates to my answer on page 3 regarding a more specified form of the question. But I think General Melchett's remark applies in that case:

posted on Jul, 18 2019 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Well then, based on your reasoning the original OP is also double speak then... as he is playing silly buggers with the semantic meaning of belief... so by extension... invalid.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   

How about less youtube and more scientific research to support your claims.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

Maybe I'll use less youtube videos when your comments become more useful and informative, other than demonstrating the Dalek-routine on my commentary.

Just because you 'love' them so much, the video below contains the definition of "faith" from the Bible, it also mentions something about the 'Who created God?' question. The talk is entitled: "Basis For Faith in an Unbelieving World" (obviously, the video isn't really for you but for others here who might be interested in that topic; I already know you're not interested because there's nothing in it that tickles your ears):

edit on 22-7-2019 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   

You can't even get to the point when you make posts. I don't even read your content anymore because it's pure copy pasted nonsense directly from JW propaganda made worse by your constant red herring tangents. Not a single thing is backed by science or evidence, you just post long winded tirades that are unreadable and prove nothing. Youtube videos ARE NOT sources.

edit on 7 22 19 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 05:09 PM
link   
okay, lets be honest here. i know this is technically off topic but I have to say it. this isnt about science, this isnt about who can provide evidence or what the evidence actually suggests. this is about a very different horse that has been buried under the semantic quibbling and logical fallacies that practically define the questions of how did we get here and what does it all mean.

what really bothers me is the social economic and political impact of a theocratic dictatorship that says:

1, existence as we know it was engineered and is currently managed by a cosmic creator whose identity and motives are officially unverified by government intelligence (feel free to fact check)

2, this creator owns the whole galaxy (at least) and makes our entire nuclear weapons arsenal look like Nerf toys

2, this creator has unquestionable authority over every resource and creature that inhabits this planet, every particle within observable distance of the solar system, and every law of physics that governs those particles, up to and including spacetime itself

3, our freedom and reality is subject to the whims and unknowable designs of this creator

4, this creator has endorsed a prophecy that describes a literal apocalypse ending a third of civilization as we know it (making the holocaust look like a joke) right before claiming absolute ownership of our world

5, our entire species has exactly zero defense, protection, or resistance to this divine agency even if we decide we dont agree with its methods and want to hold a board meeting to discuss the fate of our world

proving anything about evolution or intelligent design or extra terrestrial life in no way diminishes the consequences of these points, which are "facts" if you take the religious narrative at its literal word. very very scary facts. and no one talks about them. can we pause the whole missing the forest for the trees dialogue and maybe address the big picture here. goes a long way toward explaining why evolution is so popular.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join