It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Beautiful Maksimka

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Thank you all so much for your comments and stories. It was a very sad day indeed. But as I held him in my arms, we both knew it was time. He went over the rainbow bridge peacefully with his whole family and some neighbors around him. We were outside in the cool breeze of the morning here in the mountains. Everyone loved him. Loved forever and never forgotten.

Thanks again.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Phantom423

So sorry for your hurt. I have felt that hurt a few times, and it never gets easier. Eventually, it won't cut so deep, but you will never "get over" Maksimka, nor should you try. Our fur friends change our lives, and we change theirs. It's a symbiosis, and the only thing wrong with dogs is that their lives are so short.

Your well-meaning friends and family might encourage you to get another dog. I don't think that's usually the right thing to do, however I do think that a person should always remain open for fate to interject into your life. Maybe one day a pupper crosses your path. You didn't expect it, but you feel a kinship. That's the right time.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 09:38 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: argentus

Very true. Max has a sibling, Kalinka, who's mourning with us. She's been sitting by the window just looking out. We're keeping her busy, going for walks, etc. not leaving her alone. I don't think she would do well with a new pup in the house, not yet anyway. They both loved other dogs though - Samoyeds love everyone. They're very family oriented.

edit on 13-7-2019 by Phantom423 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I am so sorry for your loss. Words just don't express my sorrow for you and your family and his sister.

I have lost companions through my life and still miss them. They will always be with all of you in spirit since they can't be there in person.

Blessed be, all of you in this rough time.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Reading this it touched me deeply so I thought I would give you a word of consolation. But I am dumb, looking through tears. Silenced by the dread, the pain and the love.
I am so sorry.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 05:39 PM
link   

I am sorry for your loss. We have two dogs as well and we love them as if they were family members. We have lost other dogs to age and still miss them...

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I've had Samoyeds, bred them and loved them. God bless you and your beautiful pooches - Much love!

posted on Jul, 14 2019 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Maksim will always love you.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Sorry to hear about your beautiful dog , it reminds me of my mums pure white alsatian

nice dogs those samoyed , would quite like one or two myself !

I hope you feel better , nothing will ever take away the pain of losing a loved one !

animal or human , aww the best mate

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I'm an atheist but I sympathize with your wishful thinking for an afterlife; it was a beautiful dog.

My last pet would dance to "the only girl" despite being a big boy; on hind legs it would come towards me so I would hold his front paws.

I don't know why he did that because I never trained him to do anything.

It was enough for me that they were with me.

When my beloved pets died, I was heartbroken like you.

I thought I would hear their stainless steel food dish being moved but I realized they were from the neighbors.

I suspect foul play in the deaths of my pets both times; it's the culture.

I most probably won't ever have pets again; it always hurts way too much.

Anyway, some one very religious sadly confided to me when relatives died, it puzzled this person their ghosts didn't show up like there was nothing.

This person knew I was atheist and admitted it with disappointment and a pout.

I was very impressed with this person's admission and level headedness despite being and insisting on being very religious; it too is the culture.
edit on 15-7-2019 by reject because: Beautiful dog

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Still thinking of you and your family on this Monday morning. Prayers and peace to you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join