It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Beautiful Maksimka

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 09:36 PM
link   
This is the last night that Maksim will sleep in his home. His diabetes has destroyed his body. The vet was in tears as we took him home for the last time this afternoon. His sister, Kalinka, knows as well. So tonight we all sleep together for the last time. Tomorrow he goes home to Siberia to be with his ancestors - to run, play and welcome the snow when it comes. The Samoyed breed is one of 14 ancient dog breeds with genetic footprints closest to wolves. No words can describe the pain of losing him.

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Phantom423

I am so sorry for your loss!!!
It breaks my heart to read your post.

Our Emily left us a few years back for the same reason. It hurt tremendously.
Maksim is a magnificent dog....and his sister---the other dog in the picture?---could have been Emily's sister.

Maksim will find Emily waiting for him tomorrow.

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Im so very sorry .Ive lost several dogs over the years, and the two that sleep on my bed are getting up in years. We get so close over time, only to lose a best friend. Be at peace in your heart

edit on 11-7-2019 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 10:20 PM
link   
My regards. Nothing much harder than making that decision for a part of the family.

I can say this though and it's just my beleif but, we all have a finite time here and It's the journey that matters not the destination cuz we all end up in the same place. It sounds like the journey was well worth this.

Take care and never forget him.

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 10:27 PM
link   

It's hard understatment to lose someone who has been a daily part of ones life for 12-15 years.

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 10:35 PM
link   
A lifetime of Love, Unconditional....

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Absolutely stunning puppy!! May God have the perfect place for him until you see him again. He looks like an old soul, my heart hurts for you.

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 10:45 PM
link   
My heart hurts for you...

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 10:52 PM
link   

I feel your pain my friend.
We have lost 2 of our babies in the last 4 years.
I hope you can find some comfort in the coming days without him.

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 10:55 PM
link   
What a beautiful dog! I'm so sorry for you and for him... I have two dogs, and lost one few years ago. She was my best friend ever for 16 long years. If is true that when we die we are greeted on the other side by the loved ones we lost, I hope she will be the first to meet there.
My heart goes out to the most noble creatures on earth, dogs who teach us what love and devotion really means.

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 11:27 PM
link   

In September it will be one year since we lost our big boy.
But that’s one year he’s had to get things ready for Maksim.
Loki will be waiting at the gates.

edit on 11-7-2019 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Heartfelt things across the vastness..

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Lost too many to count but the pain is always the same. So sorry you have this tonight. You will be in my thoughts. Beautiful pup.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 05:52 AM
link   

That's a beautiful dog. Sorry for your loss.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Peace, my friend. Your beautiful boy will be in a very beautiful place, waiting for you.

Before the passing of my adopted Chocolate Lab, Chance, about three years ago, I asked him, if he could, to come back and let me know he was OK. I have done this with all my pups and each one gave me a particular sign after he/she passed, something that I would know came from them. It was always something that made me smile, laugh, and cry.

With Chance, it wasn't one thing--for about a month and a half after he passed, in many ways, he let me know he was still with me. He was, more than any person in my life, my soulmate. One day, after I had taken my new puppy out for a walk, I came back home and found that the photo of Chance I had on my phone had been replaced by a pic of my new pup. I think it was Chance's way of saying goodbye.

Sorry to make this about me--I just wanted you to know that Maksimka will always be with you. God bless.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: elkabong57

I had similar experiences, all of them unusual events, and all made me sure Emily was okay, and since she was there, I know I will see her again someday.
I'd say theses events happened with less frequency, but over many months.

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

I think maybe they stick around to make sure we're OK before they move on. It's a very powerful bond we have with our pups, isn't it?

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Such a good looking pupper

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   
After Loki passed on, I swear for a week or two afterwards the family could still hear the sound of him in his crate at night.

Don’t be surprised if that happens.
I think It’s just your pup trying to provide comfort to you,

posted on Jul, 12 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: elkabong57

Absolutely true!
It gives me such faith and hope in the afterlife.
And the love our dear animals have for us!!! It really just chokes me up!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join