It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

on the question why does God allow suffering

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

Creator of all things.

ipso facto the father of suffering

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: ReligiousQuestionDude

God LOVES when you turn back to him after you screw something up. Believers are most close to God in times of hardship

So god ignores those who cruise through life?

Isn't the saying "misery loves company'

wiki

Misery loves company. ... Misery loves company means people who are suffering are comforted by the knowledge that other are also unhappy. It is a proverb, which is a short phrase or sentence that addresses a universal truth or common sentiment.

Such a god! Wow

Assumptions going wild though as if TheConstructionofLight made those claims.

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   
You can play Mouth Boogie or talk in terms of reality. The discerning individual will know the difference.

Just because words can be strung together this way does not make the impossible possible - these things are contradictions, they are truly impossible in reality.

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Creator of all things.

ipso facto the father of suffering

The father of suffering as well as the father of happiness.

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Who's judging - just stating the obvious.

Theres a reason religion was created, and its not to give you freedom,

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Who's judging - just stating the obvious.

Theres a reason religion was created, and its not to give you freedom,

Good luck with your life with God.

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Assumptions going wild though as if TheConstructionofLight made those claims.

I'm using logic

you said

Yes, the creator is on the outside, but how the system works was once a thought in the mind of the creator.

and also said

Second, can there ever be a satisfying answer to this question?

All I see in your posts is denial of logic.

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Ah - I was waiting for it - scratch the surface of any christian and here comes the "curse"

Where does luck come into your deterministic Universe?

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance

originally posted by: apydomis

originally posted by: BrianFlanders

3. That's satisfying enough for me.

You were satisfied to start thinking about existence at a point which is unfinished. To each his own!
Think back to before you existed, that is what a completely controlled existence is. God allows us the ability to bring suffering into this world.

Creator of all things.

Question....How does this Holy Trinity deal work? God the father, the Son, and the Holy ghost...but they're all the same entity...

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   
There like a fruit brearing tree there are the trunk and the branch's, then the leaf, then the flower there is the 3 in one. Which then bear's fruit which represents the people of Yehovah's Kingdom. a reply to: olaru12

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Ah - I was waiting for it - scratch the surface of any christian and here comes the "curse"

Where does luck come into your deterministic Universe?

So you got what you were waiting for.

Scratch the surface of any anti-christian and there comes the curse.

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joeshiloh
There like a fruit brearing tree there are the trunk and the branch's, then the leaf, then the flower there is the 3 in one. Which then bear's fruit which represents the people of Yehovah's Kingdom. a reply to: olaru12

What a beautiful analogy... It all makes sense now!! Who's Yehovah; the seed?

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   
All the suffering in the world is caused by man when will humanity owns up to that fact. Until then we will keep blaming God who some say does not exist so the only ones to blame is us.

edit on 11-7-2019 by PhilbertDezineck because: puncuation

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

True, but God clearly allows it, and since he allows it he must be the cause since he is almighty and does not stop it.

It's like the Bible tells: I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

But it is only when humans choose to do evil that God allows it. When they choose to do good God allows it as well.
So when a man does not choose to do evil there is no need for God to allow it.

Eventually man will be judged by God and not the other way around.

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   
True, but God clearly allows it, and since he allows it he must be the cause since he is almighty and does not stop it.

Lets say your child goes out and starts doing drugs robbing stores and such is it the the fathers fault?

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck

Lets say your child goes out and starts doing drugs robbing stores and such is it the the fathers fault?

It depends.

The child is who the child is but is also raised by his father. When it happens once and the father corrects the child, was it the fault of the father? When the father neglects it and the child keeps on doing so, the father is partially responsible. How the father deals with the child is what makes him responsible or not, right?

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   
The overall answer in the book of Job seems to be;
"God is the Creator of the world. That's the only explanation you're going to get, so you'll have to trust him [i.e. faith]."
As illustrated by the fact that God's final response stops short after a description of Leviathan, the embodiment of evil.

P.S. I did a thread series on Job.

edit on 11-7-2019 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Correct.

God created the world. God created humans. Not all humans submit to God. God allows for a certain time. Time ends.

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   
The original question, "why does God allow suffering," has been a topic of theological discussion for so long, it has an official name: theodicy. It deals with the existence of evil and suffering in a world created by a just, loving, and infallible God.

It's typical for most people to argue from the theistic/faith perspective of free will, because most humans are arrogant and think only of themselves.

What about "soulless" animals that fall prey to other animals? Don't they suffer pain--not from evil--but simply from being killed and eaten? Up until just a few hundred years ago, it was widely believed across religions that animals felt no pain at all; only humans were capable of that. We now know, of course, that animals feel pain and they suffer.

I've been to Kenya and personally witnessed Thompson's gazelle taken down and eaten by hyenas, as well as lions killing and eating zebra and water buffalo. The prey did not appear to be enjoying it at all. It's not like a wildlife program on TV as entertainment...it is far more brutal when it occurs 50 feet from you and you can not only see and hear the suffering, you can also smell the death.
edit on 11-7-2019 by TheTruthRocks because: God told me to.

posted on Jul, 11 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: MorpheusUSA

What I have come up with to this question is something ppl don't like to hear.

God has given humanity a gift called "Free Will" and we as human exploit the hell out of this. Who causes suffering? People do in some form or fashion, we either cause ourselves to suffer, cause others to suffer from our actions or word, or we as humans cause suffering to other masses of people.

We as people can't dare blame ourseleves for all the hell we go through and so we blame God for allowing suffering or we blame Satan for the turmoil in our lives. But in most cases we have done it to ourselves (i.e. humanity) through a veriaty of methods.

Not only do we have free will but remember who it was that let sin into the world - man himself. One can argue that the suffering in the world is because of fallen man.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join