It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranians attempt to highjack a british fuel tanker

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Well the Taliban pretty much began as the Mujaheddin and the US and British trained them, showed them how to build improvised explosives and even armed and funded them during the soviet occupation so yes it's pretty much a game of musical chairs.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Or these proxys keep us stretched thin while China is in the final stretch.

We worry about scrubs while the real danger gets their footing.

We're playing the same cards the USSR did before their demise. Over spend, over stretch, neglect the home.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Spend it on your own homeless mate.

It's where we should be spending our money.

Whether or not it would ever reach the intended target audiences, all the same, is another matter.

And if the billions of $$$$ and ££££ both our respective nations dish out in foreign aid is anything to go by i would not get your our hopes up.
edit on 10-7-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Yes, China is what people should be concerned about.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I'd rather we invest on the future than the past education... But that's neither here nor there.

We're leveraged and we don't even realize it. Our military in multiple theaters while the Chinese could flip the script by selling off their USD and denying us rare earth minerals.

We could get blindsided because of our cockyness.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Education works too.

That's admirable.

Long as we are no teaching them just enough to tick a box and perform menial tasks.

Because the fact of the matter is, by the time they graduate from whichever university let them in for turning up with a pencil, robotics, and automation are going to be performing 98% of those menial tasks.

Think we are all ready blindsided by default, or if it not the colour of the day i don't know what is.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Problem is, we have to start trimming spending and fast.

When I say we need to focus attention and spending at home, mainly I mean attention. Education can be fixed by forcing public universities to focus on education and not frivolous campuses.

Iran won't solve any problems for us other than keeping public eyes off the inept people running our government dry.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
Iran won't solve any problems for us...

Oh, but we're sure gonna solve all their problems.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Iran won't solve any problems for us...

Oh, but we're sure gonna solve all their problems.

Give em' a good dose of contrast and they won't be able to bitch about their oppression.

We'll save them while we keep the royal family of Saudi Arabia prospering 😁 because our motto is "we care about the world, freedom, democracy, and wasting tax dollars".

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Well, its all a game of swings and roundabouts to the real people that run the show.

As long as the profits and monies keep flowing they will keep or waging war.

After all its a growth industry.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
President Trump called deal off with the Iranians so why is the US even dealing with this stuff. I guess it is fun to bully the world.

How people just ignore that this is in international waters, they can't just decide to block the straight without consequences. If Iran leaves the straight alone they can bluster all they want. As for the sanctions it's always been a tool for governments to persuade other governments short of war.

World will never be perfect but Iran is the one dancing with the devil on this one. Lets not forget if positions were reversed Iran would likely hammering the US with more than sanctions.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: roadgravel

If that's there attempt at bullying the world, Trump could probably teach them a thing or two. LoL

What this is about is the coming invasion of Iran.

We're not invading Iran. Nobody is talking about invading Iran. Might as well say we're invading NK too. There's about the same amount of evidence for either claim, ie. zero.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Did your POTUS just not call off an imminent strike on Iran ""allegedly"" to save the lives of 150 people about 10 minutes ago?

If we are not invading Iran then why all the kerfuffle?

I mean come on "They" have to invade somewhere, its kind of there bag these days.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   

a reply to: visitedbythem

Is it not Jesus and crosses?

To be honest i don't think anthropomorphized invisible sky gods have many a dog in this fight.

Nor why the hell they would require Oil tankers unless its full of Frankincense.

Its the Brittish and being "cross" The Iranians just want pallets of dollars!

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

When did Iran block off the strait?

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Give em' a good dose of contrast and they won't be able to bitch about their oppression.

We'll save them while we keep the royal family of Saudi Arabia prospering 😁 because our motto is "we care about the world, freedom, democracy, and wasting tax dollars".

When we're done with them they'll have so much freedom they'll feel like they just moved to Iraq.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Give them some medicine and red "cross" packages at least, is my thinking on the matter.

No point in old people, men, woman, and children, dropping like flies, down to the World Banks petty squabbles over a regime that they don't get along with.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Give them some medicine and red "cross" packages at least, is my thinking on the matter.

No point in old people, men, woman, and children, dropping like flies, down to the World Banks petty squabbles over a regime that they don't get along with.

Just bomb the leaders and not the people. Set the people free from the regime. They have had a$$hole leaders since at least the late 80s

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

When we're done with them they'll have so much freedom they'll feel like they just moved to Iraq.

I don't know where they'll live with all the vacationers flooding the newly freed up oasis.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

America only helped the mujhadeen fight off the Soviet's by supplying weapons, everything after that was the direct influence of Pakistan, not America.
even then, the taliban were never part of the mujhadeen, they were a militia group formed by students and they defeated the mujhadeen and unified the country by force.
edit on 10-7-2019 by namehere because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join