It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Easter Island Stones Decoded

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer
a reply to: Byrd

It isn't at the center of the Dendera calendar. Polaris is

Ty for your replies. Why do you think Polaris is the centre of the Dendera.

Because those are the circumpolar stars; the stars that appear to be fixed in the sky while everything else revolves around them. They are the only part of the sky that consistently appears in every season. And by that time, Greek astronomy typically placed them at the center with the zodiac around them in a circle.

I understand you think it is Greek. But I think the context is important. It was created by Egyptian Priests under Greek rule.

It's in a chapel in the older Dendera temple compound and was started under the Ptolemies (and so Cleopatra may have been a patron of the temple). Although they "went native" to some extent, no Ptolemy other than Cleopatra (who may have had an Egyptian mother) actually spoke Egyptian or knew much about the culture. They "Egyptianized" their own gods and misrepresented others (Tutu, for example, and Harpocrates (not Hypocrates... this is a deity assciated with silence and secrets)

So it wasn't the priests that started the chapel or who ordered it. This kind of project was started by the pharaoh (who was the High Priest of the entire religion and said who built what and where to place it.)

They knew there culture was in demise

Actually, they didn't. And under Cleopatra, they thought they would get their country back from the Romans.

Is not the centre of the Calendar the Leg of the Bull and what you would call the Fox?

Yes. By the way it's not a calendar per se... it's an astronomical ceiling... and not a very accurate one. It's meant more for decoration than any other function. To be truly useful and to measure time, it would have to have an accurate placement of stars and a table of when they rose, etc. There is nothing of that sort written on the calendar or below the calendar.

At that time, astrology (fortune telling) was imported from Greece thanks to the Macedonian rulers. Since in astrology the EXACT position of the planets must be known, they had all the data if they wished to present it (the Babylonians were actually better at this)

So... decoration but not the real science that they would have known or used.

Happy Holy-days

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer
a reply to: Byrd

Well, they're dog-headed and guide souls. After that, there's nothing similar about them.

Yes there is more similar about these if you choose to look. For example they lay out of the pryamids on both sites match the shape of Orions belt.

Anubis didn't have anything to do with the pyramids or with Orion. Orion (called "Sah") was associated with Osiris (sort of.) Sirius (called Sopdet) was associated with another deity (the god of the Nile)

Both the stars Sirius and the Pleiades are of upmost importance to them.

The Pleiades aren't mentioned in any real context in ancient Egypt (here's a really good book chapter on this, and includes the name of the constellation "Bull's foreleg" (I had misremembered it as "hind leg") P. 165 in that paper has an excellent reference about it being seen (in Ptolemaic times) as the leg of Set (who by then was being demonized) and is chained there to keep him from wandering (the paper mentions directly inscriptions in other chapels and papyri and has drawings and photographs showing these constellations) :
s3.amazonaws.com...

The Pleiades (when they're mentioned) are called "the flock" and are associated with sheep.

Both sites use true north to line their architecture both sites you can find the megalithic nobs on the stone blocks.

Both use the same symbol for the winged sun disc

The caption on the picture has led you astray. "F" is the solar disk with twin snakes and that's Egyptian. "G" is the Persian deity Farhvar. "E" is "sorta-Egyptian-like-but-not-really". And there wasn't (as far as I can tell) a winged sun disc in the Americas: en.wikipedia.org...

Here are the stars lining up with orion

That's not Orion. Orion's got a lot more stars in it. It could be the belt of Orion... but there's a lot more stars in the sky that make the same shape. Taurus has several groups that make that shape (including the left side of his face starting with Aldeberan.)

Happy holy-days

And to you. I hope you had an excellent winter holiday.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vhedza

originally posted by: KansasGirl
Really, really annoying and poor form to create a thread about tablets being deciphered and then NOT inform what they have been deciphered to say. Why in the heck would you do that? Are you one of those people who needs attention and needs to feel like they have info that others dont? Or was it just total laziness that you didn't post a summary? An hour-long video to find the answer is unreasonable.

Saying you were going to do a blog post about it isn't a solution either, since this is a forum and not a blog site.

Anti flag and anti star for you.

Because I thought you would watch the video yourself and not depend on what I have to say about it.

The video does not even play where I am.....cannot even read the summary of the vid as it will not take me to you tube and there is no title so cannot search for it.

Can you tell me the title of the vid you posted please?
edit on 31-12-2019 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

<< 5  6  7   >>

join