It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White dog mess and other things missing from the 70s .

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Neck lumps on old men. You don't see them any more. Or many men who've lost fingers in work accidents.
And people don't whistle nowadays, I always used to hear someone whistling as they walked down the street.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Turn up trousers.
a reply to: Freeborn

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   
The electric lines buzzing in the summer

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Argen
The electric lines buzzing in the summer

Bees buzzing in the summer😞

Lags

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Plastic bubbles.
I used to chew that toxic crap like gum.
It tasted like burning.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Homefree

Space dust as well

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   
The rag and bone man.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

Oddly there is still one doing the rounds by the Ex's place.

Infrequent I grant you.

posted on Jul, 10 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightFlight
a reply to: Cymru

We here in the deep south used to have thousands of different species of ants. Since the fire ant invasion of the early '70's, they've decimated the other ants. But, the fire ants have reduced the number of termites, also. I just wish the fire ants weren't so discriminating in getting the old pests that still eat up my garden.

Deer, coyotes and turkey are another group of pests that weren't around in the '60's like they are today. In the '60's a hunter could go deer hunting all season and not even see a deer, now I've got them in my garden. Turkeys, too. Coyotes aren't as bad as they used to be about 6 or 8 years ago, but they still serenade us to sleep about twice a week.

Oh, did I mention armadillos? Some scientist should grow one to the size of an 18 wheeler and use it for tunnel boring. My God, those things can ruin a yard.

Those are just a few of the things I can think of off the top of my head...

Definitely, see more diverse animals here in the suburbs 15 minutes from downtown Atlanta than we did in the '70s. We have had deer, coyotes, foxes, raccoons, snakes, frogs, owls, hawks, bats and a load of chipmunks, squirrels along with numerous other birds. I can sit on the porch late night and early morning and they trot up and down the road. When I lived south of Atlanta we had an occasional armadillo took forever to run it off finally read that bobcat urine would work and sure enough, it does, but you better pet them first LOL. works wonders if you get rodents in your basement or attic too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join